You are all GODS!!

GlassEye

Adventurer
She can spontaneously cast cleric spells, because she has cleric levels.

She can grant ranger spells, but not cast them, because she hasn't got ranger levels.

And yes, you could meet a priest of yours who can cast spells you can't. :)

I don't think I agree with the bolded part above. Druid spells and paladin are specifically called out as needing levels in druid or paladin in order to grant them. No such limitation is placed on ranger spells. I believe if I can grant it, I can cast it (in my clerical slots, of course).

I get all the rest of it now. Thanks.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I think we need to discuss where this game is heading. We seem to have lost Rathan and Frozen Messiah and so those deities best suited as adversaries and plotters have essentially been relegated to the role of NPC. That leaves four of us who have generally gotten along well and are willing to work together for the benefit of the world. Is that enough for a game?

Whatever happens, I'm not satisfied with continuing the game as it is now. We need more life/activity/adventure, something! Or we need to recognize that we've gone as far as it's going to go and just end it. At this point I'm not sure I'm willing to put in the effort needed to rejuvenate this game.

I would like to know what you all want to do.

Shayuri

First Post
Tend to agree. Silhouette isn't really an antagonist. She gets up to mischief, but isn't really malicious.

We need Stuff To Do. Complications.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yes, problems. I was thinking, since the start of this game, to turn on all of the other deities, using the knowledge you so gently gave to the tree of memory against you. Hey! Don't say you didn't saw it coming! A hive minded creature that wants to assimilate everything, it makes perfect sense. =)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Yes, problems. I was thinking, since the start of this game, to turn on all of the other deities, using the knowledge you so gently gave to the tree of memory against you. Hey! Don't say you didn't saw it coming! A hive minded creature that wants to assimilate everything, it makes perfect sense. =)

That's a good idea and we could each do something similar. However, I'm tired of always pressing HM to do something with this game. It's not a role I enjoy, I feel like a jerk when I do it, and I shouldn't feel like I have to do it. In light of that, I think I would rather end it amicably now than sit here in limbo any longer. I've enjoyed gaming with you all and I've looked forward to being surprised by your ideas and character actions; hopefully we can game together again in the future.

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Well, I'd hoped to give HM some time to respond, but if that's how it is, that's how it is.

Good gaming with y'all. Have fun out there!

Myth and Legend

First Post
In HM's defense, I think he didn't know what he was getting into when he volinteered to DM this game. He is the type of DM who likes low-power, low optimization games that are very plot driven.

In Off To War it rarely makes a difference what our characters say, the NPCs still do mostly what they want. But one can't run a Gods game on a railroad track, by virtue of us being out of control by any means that are not ultimately destructive.

A DR1 deity absolutely trumps anything less then a level 50 Wizard etc. The only way to actually threaten our characters would be via Deities with a higher DR. But that means they simply trounce us, as SDAs are the name of the game here, and a Greater Deity can pretty much wipe the floor with us.

In essence, there is no way to do it the good old fashioned way, to which HM is accustomed. He can't give is CR appropriate encounters, because we are immune to everything and can cast any spell we want. He can't threaten us or give us a challange without splattering us.

This game has to have unconventional challanges and a well thought out plot, but HM didn't know this back when Sunking went MIA and we needed a DM. He thought that we are around ECL 20 and that throwing some CR30 monsters will be a fun challange, but when we wrecked that Frost Wyrm in the surprise round he got dismayed.

The power scale went completely out the window when i stated that any God with Alter Reality will have every spell persisted on him + an Antimagic Field that does not affect his own spells (this is absolutely rules legal and practically implied in the text).

The DM for this game has to RP the followers and the rival Deities. We need to impress the mortal population and possibly meddle in their everyday life.

Anyway I was happy to play with you guys. If you want me to, i can give DM ing this game a shot, but i warn you that i can't promise frequent updates, sometimes i go MIA. We will be short on players though, as we will be losing the Sun Goddess, unless i rp her as a NPC.

Voda Vosa

First Post
You could? Well I must say I'm enjoying your game MyL. I'm still eager to start the other two, so if this messess with them I'll say no, but if you think you can handle it, I'll be charmed to play.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Hm. Well, I'd hoped to give HM some time to respond

In HM's defense, I think he didn't know what he was getting into when he volinteered to DM this game. <snipping good points>

I understand all that. That just makes communication all the more vital so that we know what's going on and can maybe make suggestions of what to do/how to handle things. I don't mean any of this as a personal attack, but I need more DM input than what we've received.

Myth, I appreciate the offer to continue running the game but at this point I think I would prefer to find a fresh start in a new game somewhere. Maybe I'll run a game myself.

Remove ads