You are all GODS!!

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
No you should post them there (and maybe link that post in your character sheet under background and so I have a way to find it easily).

I posted up so as to seperate the what you did for the year posts. So please go right ahead when you are all ready.

HM

Myth and Legend

First Post
Most deities are 20 HD outsiders with 30 to 50 character levels as well.
We started out gaining levels in one class, but HM decided it's too slow (encouraged by my whining i suppose :D), so he gave us dual class progression.

Think of this as getting to level 40 but twice as fast. If one would get to lvl 40 the normal way, they would be entitled to all their feats and ability bonuses. For example, from DD, Hermes is a Rogue 20 / Wizard 20. His feats as listed in the book are:

Alertness, Ambidexterity, Brew Potion, Combat Reflexes, Craft Rod, Craft Staff, Craft Wand, Craft Wondrous Item, Dodge, Empower Spell, Expertise, Fleet of Foot, Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Jack of All Trades, Maximize Spell, Mobility, Quick Draw, Quicken Spell, Run, Scribe Scroll, Spring Attack, Superior Expertise, Two-Weapon Fighting.

His skills are:

Alchemy +45, Appraise +55, Balance +59, Bluff +65, Concentration +42, Craft (leatherworking) +45, Diplomacy +83, Disable Device +55, Escape Artist +55, Gather Information +45, Hide +65, Intimidate +37, Intuit Direction +33, Jump +36, Knowledge (arcana) +55, Knowledge (geography) +65, Knowledge (history) +65, Knowledge (local) +55, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) +35, Knowledge (religion) +35, Knowledge (the planes) +65, Listen +55, Move Silently +85, Open Lock +75, Perform +35, Pick Pocket +79, Profession (guide) +63, Profession (scribe) +63, Scry +45, Search +55, Sense Motive +53, Spellcraft +45, Spot +45, Tumble +67, Wilderness Lore +43.

So yeah, that's way more then what we'd get if we follow the "one class only gets feats/ability scores/skills" rule.

As such if I'm correct on this rule (HM has to say so), we sort of missed out on our two first level feats simply because we started with single class per level and then switched to two classes per level. Effectively we are getting our level 1 and level 21 (in another class) at the same time, am i right?

On the XP pool deities get:

As characters of around 60th level, deities can freely pay even large XP costs. Consider that a deity has a safe cushion of around 30,000 XP it can use every week for creating magic items and casting spells with experience point costs. What happens when a deity casts miracle? Rather than imploring another deity to perform some task, the deity simply draws from its own divine power. It pays the experience point cost with hardly a second thought, and creates the effect it desires.
That's plenty to Wish for all the stats to get +5, and make some trinkets to boot. Any rulings on that HM? And also I need you to say what do you think of Alter Reality and the way I'll use it.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay, I was wrong about the 'one class only' thing, but only because I was thinking of them as being parallel advancement, like a gestalt. Really all it is is normal multiclassing. But that doesn't entitle us to extra feats. We just advance 2 levels at a time instead of 1.

Thus, we get feats at the normal progression. 1, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18...those come from our Outsider hit dice. Then 21 and 24, our epic feats, come from our class levels. We just got 25 and 26...but there's no feats there. Next time we level, we'll get 27 (feat) and 28 (ability score increase).

That's my current understanding of the rules as we're following them (so far). If that's wrong, HM please let me know.

As for xp pools, we're not level 60 yet...but perhaps that just means our exp pool is smaller, rather than wholly absent?

Myth and Legend

First Post
Shayuri: I think It's more like lvl 1 and lvl 21 at the same time, feat progression is as per non-epic chars (so every 3 levels). But really It's HM's call. Overall I'd be oK if we do a single class progression to level 40, so long as we level up every week or so.

Yes a smaller pool might work.

VV: A sufficiently high dispell will end them, though honestly it's not easy beating Heliasillyel in Initative, especially since I'm gunning for Supreme Initiative.

Plus it's better to have those spells then not to have them.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
I always thought of the 20 HD of outsider as your race and then you would advance in your classes from levels as normal. But due to your race you can quailfy for EPIC feats and such.

So normal feat progression 3rd, 6th etc., and ability boost, and BAB.

We figured gods didn't level like mortals and gain two seperate class levels everytime they advance instead of one. Would explain thoose high class levels they have.

HM

GlassEye

Adventurer
Sorry it's taking me so long. Ubariya is mostly updated (just lacking feats, skills, & SDA's, lol). The hard part is figuring out what she would be capable of doing and what she would do... I hope to have a post up soon but this week is very busy for me.

Remove ads