D&D 5E You Can Now Get Minis For The D&D Combat Wheelchair

The combat wheelchair rules designed by Sara Thompson now have miniatures! And part of the proceeds go to charity. The minis were designed by Russ Charles, who sculpted minis for Cats & Catacombs, Dungeons & Doggies, and others. There are four miniatures, each in a combat wheelchair -- human druid, tiffing cleric, dwarf barbarians and elf rogue. They're being produced by Strata Miniatures...

The combat wheelchair rules designed by Sara Thompson now have miniatures! And part of the proceeds go to charity.

combat_wheelchair_minis.jpg

The minis were designed by Russ Charles, who sculpted minis for Cats & Catacombs, Dungeons & Doggies, and others. There are four miniatures, each in a combat wheelchair -- human druid, tiffing cleric, dwarf barbarians and elf rogue. They're being produced by Strata Miniatures, and you can get physical metal or resin minis, or you can get 3D printer files.

A quarter of the proceeds go to the charity Ehlers-Danlos Support UK. So you can get something awesome and do something good at the same time!

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
With a game with Artificers and such, a self-moving wheelchair is not an issue. In a game with magic, a wheelchair that can even levitate itself to help navigate stairs is not an issue.

I don't buy minis (and I am still looking for work during COVID) but I am glad to see this and hope they sell a lot. :)

jasper

Rotten DM
Great marketing campaign. Come out with a 7 page writing where half the first page is whining about trolls being mean. A week to 10 days later release the product.

Dausuul

Legend
While admittedly the combat wheelchair is a cute and somewhat novel idea, why do I get the feeling this is where 5e has jumped the shark?
I don't know why you would get that feeling. WotC didn't make these. It's a third-party product, which is exactly where you expect to find niche or unusual ideas which may not have broad appeal.

It doesn't appeal to me personally, but it will to some folks and more power to them.

So you do not see a obvious problem with locomotion (more than normally with a wheelchair) when you look at the dwarf (I think) miniature?

I think it's a product that's best not approached from a simulation perspective. I see why it could challenge the suspension of disbelief, but a) as @dnd4vr mentions, there are possibilities how this could happen and b) it seems to me that it's mainly saying "here's a cool mini with a wheelchair that might appeal to you if you are sitting in one, too".
Also, strong slayer vibes from the dwarf, which is always a plus.

So you do not see a obvious problem with locomotion (more than normally with a wheelchair) when you look at the dwarf (I think) miniature?
In the pdf for the chair that the minis are based on, it says they have a self propulsion rune that lets the character move the chair telepathically. Kind of silly, but maybe could be fun in a more off the wall style game.

Remove ads

Remove ads