You Can Now Pre-Order My Little Pony TTRPG

Renegade Game Studios--from whom you can get Hasbro licensed Transformers, GI Joe, and Power Rangers tabletop RPGs--now has a My Little Pony game (also Hasbro) up for pre-order with a Q3 2022 release. Also available are a GM Screen, dice, a dice bag, and a limited edition core rulebook with a foil cover. The other games use Renegade's in-house system, Essence20. It's not clear if My Little...

Renegade Game Studios--from whom you can get Hasbro licensed Transformers, GI Joe, and Power Rangers tabletop RPGs--now has a My Little Pony game (also Hasbro) up for pre-order with a Q3 2022 release. Also available are a GM Screen, dice, a dice bag, and a limited edition core rulebook with a foil cover.

The other games use Renegade's in-house system, Essence20. It's not clear if My Little Pony does also.

MLP-Cover-3D-render_J_copy__64878.jpg

Friendship is Magic!

In the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game, players craft their own custom pony character to use in their storytelling game of friendship and magic, as they combat various Threats and other problems in Equestria and beyond throughout their adventures, led by their Game Master. The Game Master can use pre-written adventures (in the Core Rulebook and supplements) or use adventure hooks presented in the book to create all new stories for the players to enjoy.

Features:
  • Create your own unique My Little Pony
  • Full rulebook for running your own My Little Pony Roleplaying Game
  • One Gamemaster leads the story with a group of players
  • Contains introductory adventure for new team
  • Full color hardcover book with 304 pages with ribbon bookmark
Book Summary:
  • Full Color, Hardcover Book
  • Satin Ribbon Bookmark
  • Ages 13+

Hasbro has a range of other brands; most wouldn't be suitable for a TTRPG, but there are certainly some that would work.

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I've bought every Tails of Equestria product that River Horse has put out. Since I'm guessing that Hasbro yanked the license, I'm thinking of doing a retrospective on the line, akin to what I did for the AD&D 2nd Edition leatherettes and now the various miniseries.
I'm such a fan. I don't know if I have them all, but I have quite a few.

My intention back in the day was to use ToE as a stepping stone for my then-5yo, to move up from No Thank You, Evil!. But then the kid asked, "when are we going to just play D&D?" and the plans changed.

I still plan on running it someday, when we have more of my now-8yo's friends joining in.

But to the point: I'm interested in your full line retrospective, for sure.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him)
Isn't it funny? A preschool-friendly franchise is +13y as TTRPG.
There's a reason most games, including game books, are typically for 13 and up. Most things marketed to the 12 and under crowd require more rigorous product safety testing than things for 13+, potentially more expensive third party tests. And yes, that includes books.

Stormonu

Legend
It sounds like a great game for young kids.
...and adults too!

Back in the '80s, we used to do some SJG Toon games, but I could never quite "get in the mood" of the game. But with the River Horse version of MLP, it was probably one of the most fun RPG times I've run in a while - well, short of Alien, but...

Anyways, hope this version is as good.

SAVeira

Adventurer
They are still not making sales to people outside the US. Just charge me the stupidly expensive shipping. That is what every other company does. Just would like the option of getting the physical product and PDF together. No issues if ordering from Green Ronin or Chaosium (even before they had a Canadian warehouse. Sigh...

Times are definitely changing. Hope this is not an epi-phenomenon of adultescence.
Pretty sure if we start looking for that, it becomes a never-ending rabbit hole of back-and-forth brickbats over whether an elfgame with phlumphs and pun-tastic spell components is more or less mature than MLP, Star Wars, superhero games, an actual 1980s Ghostbusters RPG, and so on...

Remove ads

Remove ads