You Can Now Pre-Order My Little Pony TTRPG

Renegade Game Studios--from whom you can get Hasbro licensed Transformers, GI Joe, and Power Rangers tabletop RPGs--now has a My Little Pony game (also Hasbro) up for pre-order with a Q3 2022 release. Also available are a GM Screen, dice, a dice bag, and a limited edition core rulebook with a foil cover.

The other games use Renegade's in-house system, Essence20. It's not clear if My Little Pony does also.

MLP-Cover-3D-render_J_copy__64878.jpg

Friendship is Magic!

In the My Little Pony Roleplaying Game, players craft their own custom pony character to use in their storytelling game of friendship and magic, as they combat various Threats and other problems in Equestria and beyond throughout their adventures, led by their Game Master. The Game Master can use pre-written adventures (in the Core Rulebook and supplements) or use adventure hooks presented in the book to create all new stories for the players to enjoy.

Features:
  • Create your own unique My Little Pony
  • Full rulebook for running your own My Little Pony Roleplaying Game
  • One Gamemaster leads the story with a group of players
  • Contains introductory adventure for new team
  • Full color hardcover book with 304 pages with ribbon bookmark
Book Summary:
  • Full Color, Hardcover Book
  • Satin Ribbon Bookmark
  • Ages 13+

Hasbro has a range of other brands; most wouldn't be suitable for a TTRPG, but there are certainly some that would work.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
I hope the new MLP book/game is as good as the River Horse version. I'm a big fan of that one.
Interesting! Did River Horse give up the license or lose it?

River Horse's Labyrinth and Dark Crystal games are phenomenal...but as a company, it feels like they just publish these works of art in terms of game design and production and then just disappear back into the mists or something ;-P There's very little discussion of their games, none of the folks from the company are out there chatting about their stuff. Hell, even Ben Milton who's ridiculously prolific doesn't say much about Labyrinth. He mentions it off-handed sometimes, but it's not like we see anything else from anybody else about their releases. What gives?

(You can tell I'm emotionally invested in this, right?)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Interesting! Did River Horse give up the license or lose it?

River Horse's Labyrinth and Dark Crystal games are phenomenal...but as a company, it feels like they just publish these works of art in terms of game design and production and then just disappear back into the mists or something ;-P There's very little discussion of their games, none of the folks from the company are out there chatting about their stuff. Hell, even Ben Milton who's ridiculously prolific doesn't say much about Labyrinth. He mentions it off-handed sometimes, but it's not like we see anything else from anybody else about their releases. What gives?

(You can tell I'm emotionally invested in this, right?)
I don't know what happened with the license. For all I know, they still have it and can publish concurrently.

I'll confess I'm not a fan of the Labyrinth boardgame; I bought it but don't care for the mechanics. To each our own.

But the MLP game is stellar. In have the core book and a bunch of the supplements - including the movie sourcebook and the bestiary (which includes both flumphs and mimics, to my endless delight).

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
But the MLP game is stellar. In have the core book and a bunch of the supplements - including the movie sourcebook and the bestiary (which includes both flumphs and mimics, to my endless delight).
I've bought every Tails of Equestria product that River Horse has put out. Since I'm guessing that Hasbro yanked their license, I'm thinking of doing a retrospective on the line, akin to what I did for the AD&D 2nd Edition leatherettes and now the various miniseries.

Remove ads

Latest threads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases