• Tom Welling

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Tyler Hoechlin

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • Other thing that I forgot

Votes: 2 2.2%

MarkB

Legend
Christopher Reeve he really sold the mild mannered Clark Kent imo, I never saw any of the ones before him.
Yeah, that scene in Lois's apartment in the first movie when he's resolving to tell her his secret and you see the change of poise and posture as he goes from Clark Kent to Superman makes you almost believe that this guy could be unrecognisable with just a change of clothes and a pair of glasses.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
That's a really interesting question. I haven't seen Tyler Hoechlin except for cameos in Supergirl (and, again, CoIE), but have heard good things. But for me that makes it a toss up between Routh (he was good, shame about the film, and like @Dire Bare I very much enjoyed his take in CoIE),
I really liked Routh, despite the movie he captured both the nerdy naivete of Clark Kent and the heroic focus of Superman as a worthy successor to Christopher Reeve.

Hoechlin gives a nice interpretation of a more mature experienced superman/clark as family man

Hard not to say Chris Reeve.

I do sort of have a soft spot for Kirk Alyn's Clark Kent. He's just such a massive jerk, that you can understand people not even considering he might be Superman.

Clint_L

Hero
My least favourite is easily Cavill's. Partially that's probably because of the director: I don't think Snyder gets Superman at all. Everything about his Superman feels off. And that's before moustache-gate.

Reeve got the sincere optimism that is the essential heart of the character. Superman is a Boy Scout, and Reeve makes that work.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
My least favourite is easily Cavill's. Partially that's probably because of the director: I don't think Snyder gets Superman at all. Everything about his Superman feels off. And that's before moustache-gate.

Reeve got the sincere optimism that is the essential heart of the character. Superman is a Boy Scout, and Reeve makes that work.
I agree

Remove ads