• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your Gas Price

Crothian

First Post
JoeBlank said:
On the way home from work, I saw prices from $3.09 to $4.99. Lines at the pumps were out into the streets. The idiots who believed there was a shortage actually managed to cause a shortage. Mob mentality.

self fullfilling prophecy

mojo1701

First Post
diaglo said:
i'm having flashbacks with the gas lines.

i couldn't help but think of playing D&D.

heck, we used to play pinocle, bridge, poker, and other real card games for money too then. but i gave all that up for D&D mostly.... :heh:

These are broken gas lines encouraging the craving, diaglo?

DaveStebbins

First Post
When I got gas on the way home tonight the sign had already been changed to $2.919 USD/Gal but the pump was still at $2.819.

As for the effects of the hurricane, heck, I could have told everyone two weeks ago that this hurricane would be the worst thing to ever happen to the country. After all, they named it after my ex-wife! :p

-Dave
(who hopes his attempt at humor isn't in bad taste, considering how devastating the hurricane actually was)

DerianCypher

First Post
When I left for work this morning (6am PST) it was at $2.74 for the cheap stuff and when I drove home (3PM PST) it had already jumped to $2.95. I filled up my tank just in case it does decide to go bonkers tomorrow and jump to $4.00 like they're saying it will. Boy am I glad I don't own an SUV or Truck...

-DC

DarrenGMiller

First Post
Captain Tagon said:
Gas yesterday was $2.39 down here in SC. Now it's $4 or more if you can find gas at all. GA and NC are both just like out. It's crazy.

Where are you in SC? I am in the Myrtle Beach area of South Carolina. On the way to Conway(just west of us), I saw a station at $2.559 with lines literally around the entire place and into the streets. About 45 minutes later, I saw the same station at $3.229 and the pumps surrounded by police cars (about 4 or 5). Not sure what happened, but when I filled up after that, the stations were running out of gas. The one I went to had only super unleaded at $3.099 and was out of everything else. There were countless people pumping and driving away. It was ugly and I saw two shouting matches while I was filling up.

DM

Darth K'Trava

First Post
Captain Tagon said:
Gas yesterday was $2.39 down here in SC. Now it's $4 or more if you can find gas at all. GA and NC are both just like out. It's crazy.

That's not making me comfortable at all. And getting ready to head down to Atlanta tomorrow afternoon.... :confused:

Gas prices locally run from $2.99 (in a few spots) to $3.99 with Texaco leading the price gouging market here. That's the only way I can "explain" why their gas is the highest of any station I passed on the way home from Greensboro back to south High Point.

Remove ads