• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Your group's tributes to Gary

Boregar

First Post
When my group plays tonight, as just a small gesture, any rolls made with black dice will receive a +1 divine bonus.

Is anyone else planing any small touches to remember him by?

Beastman

First Post
We played yesterday evening and had a Gygaxian Reroll of any die roll of each player's choice. In addition I let each player roll a "personal" random magic item to which name was added Gary's X or Gygax's Y.

Last edited:

delericho

Legend
On Saturday, my group are gathering for our first game of 2008. We were going to play WFRP, but in light of this week's events, D&D is more appropriate. Although the rules will be 3.5e (I don't have time to familiarise myself with the 1st ed rules), we'll be going as old-school as we can, with a dungeon, a dragon, lots of obscure words in the descriptive text, and classic save-or-die traps.

The characters are:

Yrag: Dwarf Cleric of Zygig (has +1 mace)
Ydan: Half-elf Magic User (Wizard, of course)
Regor: Elf (Duskblade, but the sheet doesn't say that)
Bob the Fighter: Human Fighter
Bob Two: Human Fighter (with curiously similar stats)
: Half-orc Assassin (modified Ninja)

I'm hoping it will be fun.

FnordBear

First Post
My group has already decided we will observe a moment of silence and a toast for our gaming bud who though never joined us in body, was always there in spirit.

Afterwards we will be crawling through a dungeon.

I can think of no better tribute.

Zephrin the Lost

First Post
We had a game scheduled for Tuesday night already when we got the news. We didn't do anything formally but it turned out to be a brilliant session with lots of excitement and the kind of combat where all the players are pulling out all the stops. A few social encounters as well and everyone had their thinking caps on.

Just having a game that was a success by every measure seemed like an appropriate tribute! You can't always plan such things, but the stars were in line and so on.

--Z

EricNoah

Adventurer
We had a game on Tuesday night as well. Someone brought wine and we toasted Gary with "game on!" before we played.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
Personally I'd like to run my group through Tomb of Horrors to send some PCs to the afterlife with Gary. :)

On a serious note we'll probably have a moment of silence and a toast to his memory.

Rest in peace Gary.

Remove ads