You're the Independence Day aliens. What cities do you blow up?

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Xath said:
I'd blow up Rhode Island. Why blow up a city, when with the same fire power, you can blow up a state?
How about the Vatican? Why blow up a state when you can blow up a country?

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Umbran said:
Dude, the Great Lakes are fresh in about the same sense that a pro basketball player's jockstrap is :) It may not be particularly salty, but if you go stick your head in it and take a big swallow, you're likley to mutate into an aboleth, or something...

Go jump in the Chuck . . . :p

Vindicator

First Post
Chainsaw Mage said:
As long as the cities are American, I wouldn't care which ones I blew up.

Seconded!

Reminds me of when I saw Independence Day in Montreal. They showed the wreckage of the Statue of Liberty, White House, etc. People in the theater were laughing and cheering (me included). Afterwards, one of my buddies said, "Hey, I think those scenes were supposed to be all serious and stuff."

I can just picture Americans watching that movie weeping as the aliens destroy all those sites. Heh.

Innsmouth, MA.
Arkham, MA.
Dunwich, MA.

Hmmmm, I see a pattern forming.... So, I'll add some more diverse locations:

Rlyeh, somewhere in the South Pacific

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Vindicator said:
I can just picture Americans watching that movie weeping as the aliens destroy all those sites. Heh.

rolleyes.gif

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Vindicator said:
*cough* More like "ooh... pretty explosions..." Anyone, American or not, who takes Independence Day seriously is not quite alright, in my opinion.

Demiurge out.

In America, it wasn't sad. It was AWESOME! We like explosions, even when explosions blow up our own house. I mean, if someone just blew up the base of the Statue of Liberty, or knocked it over, we'd be pissed. But if somebody fired a laser cannon at it, . . . well, we'd be pissed, but we'd have to admit that it was pretty cool.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
Vindicator said:
Reminds me of when I saw Independence Day in Montreal. They showed the wreckage of the Statue of Liberty, White House, etc. People in the theater were laughing and cheering (me included).

It helps to remember that actual people work in those places and would be killed. People who might feel the same way that you feel. People just like you.

glass

(he, him)
Mark CMG said:
It helps to remember that actual people work in those places and would be killed. People who might feel the same way that you feel. People just like you.
I don't think Vindicator was suggesting he would have been cheering if those places had actually blown up and those people has actually been killed.

glass.

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
glass said:
I don't think Vindicator was suggesting he would have been cheering if those places had actually blown up and those people has actually been killed.

I don't think they could be blown up without people being killed. I understand that there's an idea of "blowing up the symbols of . . . " but I have friends who lost people in 9/11 because they happen to have been working in one of the symbols that was destroyed. Keeping that in mind, it becomes hard to cheer for such a thing because it isn't possible to remove the people from the structure or the structure from the symbol.

Last edited:

Remove ads