• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide (OOC Discussion)

Avalon®

First Post
I was thinking of something like an ordinary Japanese guy who likes Japanese folklore and one day he encounters a mystic naginata in a museum that transforms him into a nezumi (think master splinter from TMNT) who had used that naginata before.

Would that be ok?

He would look probably something like this when powered up:

Ink-Eyes

Vanifae

First Post
Avalon® said:
I was thinking of something like an ordinary Japanese guy who likes Japanese folklore and one day he encounters a mystic naginata in a museum that transforms him into a nezumi (think master splinter from TMNT) who had used that naginata before.

Would that be ok?

He would look probably something like this when powered up:

Ink-Eyes
Well this game isn't a typical M&M comic game, the characters have powers but the reason for said powers is unknown but it comes from a pre-defined source, now a mystic naginata won't really fit the setting but a Japanese male that has an ability to perhaps create an energy melee weapon could fit.

Transforming into the rat thing is a little much and a little out of concept for the setting.

Oh and the characters have no memory of who they are or what they were before this.

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
Current List of Characters

Velmont - Engineer (Healer/Read Empathic Impressions)
Hammerhead - Soldier (Duplicator)
Victim - Undetermined
Kaintheseeker - Computer/Engineer/Soldier (Undetermined)
Shayuri - Leader (Shapeshifter)
Avalon - Undetermined
Frukathka - Undetermined

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Vanifae said:
Hit me with your concept, as long as it isn't based around a travel power or really exotic it should be fine...
Datalinker (primary), Communicator (primary), Telekinetic (secondary)

Focus on computers.

Also, not sure of the name of the power, but is there one that allows a character to be one with a machine (like computers). I was thinking of switching off Tlekinetic for this.

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
Frukathka said:
Datalinker (primary), Communicator (primary), Telekinetic (secondary)

Focus on computers.

Also, not sure of the name of the power, but is there one that allows a character to be one with a machine (like computers). I was thinking of switching off Tlekinetic for this.
I like the data link idea of communicating with machines that could be quite helpful.

Vanifae

First Post
Frukathka said:
Not sure exactly.

Think Tron (or maybe Ghost in the Machine).
Well if you mean like melding that may be a little much, but controlling them would work as a start and working towards the machine meld... I could deal with that.

Velmont

First Post
I've been thinking about my powers and the movie The Green Miles. At one moment, John Coffey use the illness he has cured from the prison director's wife to kind of mind control Percy so he can kill 'Billy the Kid'. Percy remain metally illed after that. As John Coffey told, he has punished the evil persons.

I was thinking how could that be put into stats, here a suggestion:

Healing 5 [DESCRIPTORS](2 PP/Rank + 1 PP = 11 PP)
PF: Persistent
PF: Regrowth
EX: Total (+1 PP/Rank)
FL: Tiring (-1 PP/Rank)
DR: Action: 1 minute (-1 PP)

AP: Nemesis [DESCRIPTORS](7 PP/Rank = 7 PP)
FL: Unreliable: Can be use during [Healing rank] round against 1 enemy before it fades out. This power recharged after a use of the healing power.

So, I want to know what do you think about the use of Nemesis and the limits put to it. I found Nemesis could be a nice way to 'punish the evil people'.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads