• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide (OOC Discussion)

Vanifae

First Post
Shayuri said:
Hmm! No criminal backgrounds, eh? :)

And Leader is spoken for...perhaps medic, or engineer...
The names are just general baselines, more or less paths that I will use to funnel info/memories to your character.

I have a general idea, but nothing concrete of course.

Velmont

First Post
Well, I have taken some thought about it, and one concept that I would find interesting to play come from The Green Mile, story written by Stephen King and put into a movie with Tom Hanks.

In that story, you have a prisoner, John Coffey, who can read the soul of a man and heal the people by touch. Playing that concept might fall more into the Medic Background, so if Shayuri want the Leader, he could take it.

His power would be a slow using healing power and an uncontrolled Mind Reading power that trigger on touch and gives the hero the power to see moment of strong emotion for the target.

Shayuri

First Post
Diplomacy and Sense Motive...yar...if you don't mind, that'd be perfect for what I have in mind.

And other social skills to boot.

Vanifae

First Post
Both concepts sound good, don't feel restricted by the backgrounds, meaning your "powers" don't have to reflect your background or vice versa, it is just well "background" for your amnesiac character.

Velmont

First Post
I've got a question. Do we start at the moment we start to remember (I mean, we awake and we don't know our past) or we remember the last few days/months/years but we have amnesia that starts at a precise moment.

Ok, I've made a more deeper thought about the character, and I think I'll make his background with really no relation with his power. I'll take a mechanical engineer. Most likely a guy who has worked on some international project, like digging well and installing aqueduct, agricultural equipement and things like that. His skills will reflect that (Nice mechanical skills without being a first class in his field, some PR skills, foreign languages. Someone in good health and physical condition to live in hard places. His combat skills will be almost inexistant).

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
I've got a question. Do we start at the moment we start to remember (I mean, we awake and we don't know our past) or we remember the last few days/months/years but we have amnesia that starts at a precise moment.
When it starts you won't know anything but how to speak and the skills you have selected, but no recollection of how you came by such skills, or why you know them. Sort of like Jason Bourne from the films, you will know stuff but no idea why you know that stuff. Your powers will be second nature to you, but again no reason for why you have them and all that.

I like the concept very fitting for what I have planned.

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
The Estate

Tranquil, peaceful, and remote are the words that come to mind. It feels safe here, and although you don’t exactly remember where you came from or why you are here, you at least feel comfort that there are others here with you, strangers yet familiar in a way that escapes you.

The lady of the house, Vanessa is a stately older woman is her mid forties with a slim build and long straight dark hair and mocha skin. She has taken you in, though you don’t really remember when that occurred, in fact your memories before the Estate are blank, and even how much time you have spent at the Estate is unknown to you. Maybe a few days, a week, perhaps even months have passed? There are no calendars but there are clocks, though trying to keep time is an exercise in futility as time tends to skip about, and whole tracts of time come up missing for you.

Vanessa spends her time speaking with you and trying to reassure you that your memories will return and even does her best to try and help you remember, but still nothing. The Estate has a single road leading from it towards gates and a high brick wall. The climate is temperate, never too hot or cold, and perhaps it is spring with an abundance of flowers, green trees, and crisp fresh grass.

Supposedly there is a town some miles away but you have never left the grounds of the Estate. Or maybe you have and you don’t remember? Everything can be hazy at times, making reality hard to digest especially with holes in your memory… gaping chasms of data lost.

This should give you an idea of where the initial story will begin, your character can have a name (probably one either chosen or given to you during your stay at the Estate). But these are your earliest memories you can recall, beyond this there is nothing.

Velmont

First Post
Here a first draft. I'ev still some PP to spend and I'll look at that later, but it gives a good idea which way I wnat to go. If someone want to play the Pilot, my character might be a good friend of him and his mecanician. If there is none, I might put a bit more skills points in Drive and Pilot. One thing he must have done while in the Estate is to work on some broken car, trying to put it back in function and give him a bit more juice.

[SBLOCK=Character]??????
Concept/Archetype: John Coffey from The Green Mile
Power Level: 5
Power Points: 75
Experience Points: 0
Hero Points: 3

ABILITIES
STR 16 +3 (6 PP)
DEX 12 +1 (2 PP)
CON 18 +4 (8 PP)
INT 12 +1 (2 PP)
WIS 14 +2 (4 PP)
CHA 12 +1 (2 PP)

SAVES
TOUG +4 (4 Con + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
FORT +6 (0 Base + 4 Con + 0 Feat + 0 Power) (2 PP)
REF +4 (0 Base + 1 Dex + 0 Feat + 0 Power) (3 PP)
WILL +3 (0 Base + 2 Wis + 0 Feat + 0 Power) (1 PP)

COMBAT
INIT +1
BASE DEF +2 (4 PP)
DEF 12 (10 + 2 Base + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
FLAT-FOOTED 11
BASE ATT +1 (3 PP)

ATTACK
Melee:Fist +1 (DC 18 Tough, 20x2, Bludgeoing)

SKILLS 20 SP (5 PP)
Computer +2 (1 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Craft [Electric] +3 (2 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Craft [Mechanic] +6 (5 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Diplomacy +2 (1 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Drive +3 (2 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Knowledge [Physical Science] +3 (2 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Knowledge [Technologie] +4 (3 Ranks + 1 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Notice +3 (1 Ranks + 2 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)
Sense Motive +3 (1 Ranks + 2 Atb + 0 Feat + 0 Power)

LANGUAGES (2 Ranks)
Arabe, English, French

MOVEMENT
SPEED 30/60/120

FEATS (6 PP)
Beginner's Luck
Equipement
Jack-of-all-Trade
Luck x2
Skill Mastery (Craft [Electronic], Craft [Mechnical], Drive, Pilot)

POWERS
Healing 5 [DESCRIPTORS](2 PP/Rank + 1 PP = 11 PP)
PF: Persistent
PF: Regrowth
EX: Total (+1 PP/Rank)
FL: Tiring (-1 PP/Rank)
DR: Action: 1 minute (-1 PP)

AP: Nemesis [DESCRIPTORS](7 PP/Rank = 7 PP)
FL: Unreliable: Can be use during [Healing rank] round against 1 enemy before it fades out. This power recharged after a use of the healing power.

Mind Reading 5 [DESCRIPTORS](2 PP/Rank = 10 PP)
EX: Duration: Permanent (+1 PP/Rank)
EX: Action: Reaction (+4 PP/Rank)
FL: Range: Touch (-2 PP/Rank)
FL: Limited: Probe events with strong emotion only (-2PP/Rank)

EQUIPEMENT
Laptop
Flashlight
Multi-Tools
Masterwork Mechanicals Tools
Masterwork Electronic Tools

COST
Abilities [24]
Combat [7]
Saves [6]
Skills [5]
Feats [6]
Powers [22]
Drawbacks [0]
Total [70]
Unspent [5]

NOTES
Size: Medium
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 215 lbs
Hair: Short black
Eyes: Dark brown
Nationality: Unknown
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Tradeoffs: +0/-0

DESCRIPTION
Description

HISTORY
What happen? Where am I? WHO AM I?????[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Vanifae

First Post
Looks good, is that 8 total points on skills spent? Max you should be able to spend is 5 including the 1 you get from your background but I can amend this if players feel that is too limiting.

Velmont

First Post
Vanifae said:
Looks good, is that 8 total points on skills spent? Max you should be able to spend is 5 including the 1 you get from your background but I can amend this if players feel that is too limiting.

Oh, I was thinking you wanted at least 6 PP spend on skills. If you want less skill points to be spent, I can see which skills could be scrap or lowered. So the maximum is 5 PP (That would make 20 skill points)

Remove ads