• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zero Divide (OOC Discussion)

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Oh, I was thinking you wanted at least 6 PP spend on skills. If you want less skill points to be spent, I can see which skills could be scrap or lowered. So the maximum is 5 PP (That would make 20 skill points)
Yeah basically they know how to do certain things and at certain points I will open up points for you to spend in the midst of play.

Velmont

First Post
Ok, I've cut to keep more the essential for a mechanician type character, keeping only a few other skills at 1 rank. He is still a great mechanicien, with a good knowledge of science and technology. He can drive well, use a computer and play a bit with electronics. What remains have gone in everyday life skills (Notice, Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Speak Language).

Vanifae

First Post
Velmont said:
Ok, I've cut to keep more the essential for a mechanician type character, keeping only a few other skills at 1 rank. He is still a great mechanicien, with a good knowledge of science and technology. He can drive well, use a computer and play a bit with electronics. What remains have gone in everyday life skills (Notice, Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Speak Language).
Oops I confused you, it should be 5 PP in addition to the 1 spent on your background for 24 total. :)

Victim

First Post
So the 6 points of skills is more of a limit than a minimum?

Can you explain more about the no travel powers limit. Does that include various levels of incorporeal, permeate, slow effects like burrowing, or limited things like levitation or hovering?

Vanifae

First Post
Victim said:
So the 6 points of skills is more of a limit than a minimum?

Can you explain more about the no travel powers limit. Does that include various levels of incorporeal, permeate, slow effects like burrowing, or limited things like levitation or hovering?
Yeah 6 points are reserved for skills that will open up in play. 1 point is spent when you choose a background, and the player has 5 more PP max to spend so in total you can have a max of 12 PP on skills but only 6 of that PP will be usable on the character.

Burrowing, incorporeal, permeate would be on a case by case basis depending o how the power is used, if it allows the character to perhaps slip through solid matter, i.e. through a door I could allow that, but actually digging for miles no… and for the most part the levitation and hovering could work depending on how it is done, out and out flying around is out… and I am on the fence for hovering and levitation as well.

Shayuri

First Post
Vanifae said:
Yeah 6 points are reserved for skills that will open up in play. 1 point is spent when you choose a background, and the player has 5 more PP max to spend so in total you can have a max of 12 PP on skills but only 6 of that PP will be usable on the character.

Burrowing, incorporeal, permeate would be on a case by case basis depending o how the power is used, if it allows the character to perhaps slip through solid matter, i.e. through a door I could allow that, but actually digging for miles no… and for the most part the levitation and hovering could work depending on how it is done, out and out flying around is out… and I am on the fence for hovering and levitation as well.

If I'm understanding this right, what you're saying is that powers that would let us easily escape the Estate are pretty much out, right? :)

Vanifae

First Post
Shayuri said:
If I'm understanding this right, what you're saying is that powers that would let us easily escape the Estate are pretty much out, right? :)
That sounds about right.

But why would you want to leave the Estate it is a wonderful place :)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Hmm...I'm having trouble deciding on a single character concept to submit. :) This is my first idea, a duplicator who may have been a street tough with a shady background. However, Duplication can be a troublesome power (hence this character's lack of attack powers). Thoughts?

[sblock]
Michael
Concept: Duplicator
Background: Soldier

Abilities
STR: 14
DEX: 14
CON: 16
INT: 10
WIS: 10
CHA: 10

14 points

Saves

Toughness +4
Fortitude: +5 (2 base)
Reflex: +5 (3 base)
Will: +3 (3 base)

8 points

Combat

Base Attack: +2
Base Defense: +1

Attack: Punch +4
Damage +2 (+4 Sneak Attack)

Defense: 16/11

Tradeoffs: +1 Defense, -1 Toughness

6 points

Skills
Acrobatics +6 (4 ranks)
Bluff +6 (6 ranks)
Gather Information +4 (4 ranks)
Knowledge: Street +2 (2 ranks)
Notice +4 (4 ranks)
Sleight of Hand +10 (8 ranks)
Stealth +6 (4 ranks)

3 points remaining for skills to develop.

8 points

Feats

Attack Focus: Melee 2, Attractive 1, Defensive Roll 1, Dodge Focus 5, Improved Initiative 1, Interpose, Luck 1, Quickdraw, Set Up, Sneak Attack 1, Teamwork 2

17 points

Powers

Duplication +5 (Extras: Horde; Power Feats: Progression 2, Sacrifice, Mental Link)

19 points

Total: 14+8+7+6+17+19=71, 5 points for skills saved.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
Right now I'm thinking of either a GL sort of Create Object focused character (Soldier - although based on protecting others than a lifestyle involving violence, really - or an Engineer - making stuff with his power), or a tactile TK based Soldier.

Remove ads