• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombie Burger: The Director's Cut - AFMBE - Saturday 10am-2pm (TWO SLOTS OPEN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Zombie Burger: The Director's Cut

All Flesh Must Be Eaten RPG - Saturday 10am-2pm

It is Friday evening, just after the big baseball game. You’ve all settled in for a postgame feast at the only fast food joint in your dinky little town. Of course, Zombies pick now of all times to rise and wipe out the living. Will you try and escape town? Or will you try to stop the zombie hordes? Do you actually think you can manage to stay alive?

This is the revised version of my first All Flesh Must Be Eaten oneshot, which I've run in New Hampshire, Boston, and Albany. We had a different outcome each time. My games tend to be more on the silly side of things. More Shaun of the Dead than Dawn of the Dead, but the players do set the tone with how they play their characters.

Character Choices are they type of people you'd likely see in a zombie movie.
Crazy Larry - Survivor
Clueless Teen - Survivor
Tough Chick - Survivor
Cheerleader - Norm
Cop - Norm
Doctor - Norm
Nerd - Norm

Slot 1 - steve jung
Slot 2 - Rodrigo Istalindir
Slot 3 - DaveStebbins
Slot 4 - beldar1215
Slot 5 - Slot Open
Slot 6 - Slot Open

Last edited:

beldar1215

Explorer
I'd be interested in this if it goes. I have another planned, but this sounds like lots of fun. Could you post a liitle more about the PC's? Also are you willing to teach the rules? I've never played in this system.

Beldar

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
Rules are very simple. It is your basic roll a d10 and add your stat plus skill system. My games tend to be more on the silly side of things. More Shaun of the Dead than Dawn of the Dead, but the players do set the tone with how they play their characters.

As for the characters, they are your stereotypical zombie movie characters.

Crazy Larry is the Nam vet who came back from the war a changed man. Now he's just the crazy guy who lives up on the hill.
The Clueless Teen is a baseball jock. Someone you'd expect to be the lead in a zombie movie. Or the guy who bites it in the first five minutes.
The Tough Chick is the bad girl who smokes and is part of a gang.
The Cheerleader is a small town girl who thinks the clueless teen is hunky, if only she could just eliminate the competition (his girlfriend)
The Cop is a stick in the mud, by the book kind of guy.
The Doctor is a small town doc who believes laughter is the best medicine.
The Nerd is a spiteful little jerk who'll do his best to survive through his wits.

Characters come in two forms. Survivors and Norms. Both are lots of fun to play, you just have to be a bit more creative in keeping your Norm alive. A Survivor might be able to make it alone, but a Norm pretty much needs others to watch his back.

Last edited:

beldar1215

Explorer
Thanks for the info. It sounds like a lot of fun. If you get enough players count me in. I would be interested in either the Jock or Nerd.

Beldar

coyote6

Adventurer
I might be interested; the time overlaps the M&M seminar I wanted to check out & runs up against a Burning Wheel game, but I want to try AFMBE (I've played Buffy a few times & GM'd WitchCraft twice, so I'm vaguely familiar with the rules).

Ao the Overkitty

First Post
I've run the original three times and the director's cut once. All but the second run had a comedic bent to it.

First time we had Crazy Larry (Terraism), The Tough Chick (Randomling), and the Clueless Teen (Maldur). They managed to survive with a couple of extras in tow. Majority of the wounds they sustained were from 'friendly fire'. Or should that be friendly baseball bats and knives?

Second time I had a bunch of nonEnworlders playing Crazy Larry, The Chearleader, The Girlfriend (previous character option), and the Nerd. Much more dysfunctional of a group that gave the game a darker tone and ended in a tpk.

Third time had Crazy Larry (Zog), The Clueless Teen (Evil_Kitty_Grrl), The Tough Chick (Fluffaderm), The Chearleader (KidCthulhu), The Nerd (Gospog). Zog (playing Crazy Larry): "Run towards us! We have Guns!"

The first time with the Director's Cut was for my current gaming group . Sure Evil_Kitty_Grrl had played before, but its a zombie movie, so you pretty much know the plot. I had Crazy Larry, The Clueless Teen, The Tough Chick, The Doctor, and The Nerd. Even with the constant comedy, I actually managed to scare two of my players.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads