• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Zombies and Crooks (DM:Mal Malenkirk Judge: Covaithe )

Tomalak

First Post
[sblock=mal]8+9=17 Roll Lookup

A check under 16 worsen the condition, a check of 17 to 20 keep you stable and a check of 21 or more improves your condition one step.

Andrec is stable, not worsening
Jarel-Karn = Defender
Mesa = Controller
Montroya = Controller
Andrec = Leader
One-Who-Waits = Leader

Can I please have my Striker back?[/sblock]
[sblock=potions]

I figure give one to Mesa, Jarel-Karn, and Andrec; the three most likely to take damage if Matlal is gone[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Tomalak]Sorry, you are correct, Andrec is stable.

I am working on convincing a friend to join and he usually leans toward fighter and other melee type so maybe...
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Since One-Who-Waits does not need to rest, he will try to help out at the hospital (after apologizing for the inadequacy of his help).

Stringbean2142

First Post
Mesa, after One-Who-Waits's ministrations, walked slowly with Seldana into the hospital. His joints ached, he stunk from his time in the sewers, and the wound on his leg was killing him. Still, he was having one of the most exciting days of his life, and it wasn't over yet.

"Actually, there is something ye can do, Seldana. We've been fighting all day with the people responsible for... that." He gestured vaguely over his shoulder, too tired and hurt to put more into the effort. "We're not done, either. We're seeking the gang's leader, a man named Rince. One possible clue is something about 'the Club in front of the...' no wait, 'the Cafe in front of the Warehouse.' Whatever a blood cafe is. Can I ask around, see if anyone here knows what that may mean?"

[sblock=Actions]Assuming Mesa's allowed, he spends his time in the hospital asking around after the Cafe clue. Streetwise check 1d20+1=21, a CRIT![/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
-''Warehouse? Well, there are a lot of warehouse in the city but all the nearby ones are near the docks, you know, for loading and unloading the ships. But there ain't no cafes there. Dockworkers need taverns, not cafes!'' scoffs a patient.

-''But, daddy, what about Aggetivo? That's a cafe near the docks.'' says his little girl.

-''It's not next to a shipping warehouse, sweetie. It's next to the Customs Bonded... uh... Warehouse.'' The man blushes. ''Yes, my daughter is right, there is a cafe right in front the Customs Bonded Warehouse. It's the place where the customs officers store the stuff they confiscate because the duties weren't paid or because the goods were just plain illegal. That's the closest match I can think of. It's barely seven blocks away, at the easterm tip of the port.''

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Montroya feels like the rat he barfed up earlier. It felt as though is stomach itself was beginning to turn to liquid so he could barf that up too. "When I'm able, I've got to learn the ritual to cure this..." he mutters to himself. The stands from his hospital bed, with effort.

"He's right out job is not done here yet. Apoli wished for us to come together, for us to do what we've done so far. His holy light will eliminate the darkness. I, as his voice, will stop until I can no longer stand on my own legs. Let us not waste any more time."

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=regarding player recruitment]Someone I know is interested in playing L4E and wants to make a barbarian. I can probably help him get the character together fairly quickly. Should I encourage him to join this adventure, or is someone else already coming? Mal mentioned that he was trying to recruit someone.[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The heroes rest for a bit, benefitting from the assistance of the capable healers of Vena's grace. One-Who-Waits greatly impresses the hospital staff with his knowledge and skill. The nurses quickly come to rely on him as if he was another healer. The patients, on the other hand, are less impressed; it turns out that wounded or sick persons do not like to be told by their own healer that he is inadequate. Go figure.

After a bit over an hour, the valiant survivors of the Usurper's minion attack are back on their feet, though feeling feverish from the disease running through their body. Montroya is even coughing a little blood. Yet there is no time to lose. The first city guards have reached the site and are investigating but when informed that even worse things might be happening at the Customs Bonded Warehouse right at this very moment, they are unwilling to act decisively. They either don’t believe the claims of the heroes, or, more likely, they are too afraid to act on them. They relay messages to their superior but before capable troops can be sent in the area, it may be too late! So Andrec, Mesa, Jarel-Karn and Montroya resign themselves to leave Matlal in the care of the hospital. Joined by One-Who-Waits, whose arrival turned out to be providential, they set out toward the Cafe Aggetivo, their best lead to find Rinch and put an end to his rampage.
The streets have emptied considerably in the area due to the recent events and the party makes good time. They are just a block away when suddenly Mesa, Montroya and One-Who-Waits sense movement above them, on the roofs! Ambush! Archers come into view all around them. There can be no mistaking their intentions and the trio reacts before a single arrow is launched...

[sblock=Ambush]
Stealth (1d20+5=11)

This hits Jarel and Andrec's perception so they are surprised.

Mesa, Montroya and One-Who-Waits all see the ambushers on the roof.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Potions]We'll go with Tomolak's suggestion of potion distributions : Andrec, Jarel and Mesa get one potion.[/sblock]

[sblock=initiative]
1:Andrec 2:Jarel 3:Mesa 4:Mont 5:OWW 6:BG (1d20+3=16, 1d20+4=7, 1d20+8=18, 1d20+3=14, 1d20+3=11, 1d20+4=9)

Surprise Round

Mesa
Montroya
One-Who-Waits
Archers

1st Round

Everyone except Jarel
Bad Guys
Everyone
[/sblock]

Zombies and Crooks on Virtual Battlemat

[sblock=Map and token] T now stands for One-Who-WaiT. Yeah, I know, lazy. But remember, if you want your own custom token, just make one and send it to me, I'll use that.[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Status

Andrec : 22 / 22 [5/7] AP
Jarel-Karn : 37 +4 / 37 [10/11] AP
Mesa : 26 / 26 [7/9] AP
Montroya : 24 / 24 6 [6/8] AP
One-Who-Waits: 26 / 26 [9/9] AP

Andrec +3, 11
Jarel +4 11
Mesa +8 19
Montroya +3 19
One-Who-Waits : +3 19

Archers
Perception 16
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 16; Fortitude 13, Reflex 14, Will 11 ; see also mob rule
Mob Rules : The archer gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human bandit archers are within 5 squares of it.
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"Honored companions, see how enemies attack from the roof!" Says One-Who-Waits. He begins a sonorous chant, and a shimmering blue snake appears in the air near one of the rooftops.

[sblock=Action]Minor: call Knotty Virtue into space M13.[/sblock]

[sblock=Edit this stuff out]
Standard: use Watcher's Strike on archer N14.
1d20+4=24, 1d8+4=7
Effect: allies adjacent to Knotty Virtue gain +1 on attack rolls and +5 on Perception checks until end of next turn.
(A sad waste of a crit?)

Move: One-Who-Waits moves to L9 (hopefully making himself harder for some of the archers to shoot at) and moves Knotty Virtue to L12.[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 1
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 20, Senses: Normal
AC:16, Fort:13, Reflex:14, Will:15
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resist Necrotic 5, Radiant 5
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1
Powers:
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker's Strike
Watcher's Strike

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak with Spirits
Twin Panthers
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions:

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]

[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)]
A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 10 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 5 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

OOC: sorry about that.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
[sblock=Mewness]This is a surprise round: You only get a standard action (which can be downgraded to a minor or a move if you wish).
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads