Your favorite lightsaber duel from the Star Wars saga

What is your favorite lightsaber duel out of all six Star Wars films?

• Qui Gonn vs. Darth Maul (Tatooine Desert) - TPM

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Obi-Wan vs. Count Dooku - AOTC

• Anakin vs. Count Dooku - AOTC

• Anakin and Obi-Wan vs. Count Dooku - ROTS

I love pretty much all of them. Its hard to pick just one. But, for now at least, I'll just go with the one that's still the most fresh in my mind.

Vader vs. Obi-Wan Round 1.

devilbat

First Post
Vader vs Skywalker in Empire, beats out Obi Wan + Qui Gon Vs. Darth Maul.

Mostly because Skywalker vs Vader was an epic moment in my then nine year old life.

Scribe Ineti

Explorer
It was a real struggle to pick between Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan vs. Maul in Ep I and Luke vs. Vader in ESB, but the former won out because the choreography is so tight. Especially the Obi-Wan/Maul finale to the duel. The actors sold the hell out of that fight.

danzig138

Explorer
There is no option for a tie, so I went with Luke v. Vader from RotJ, but I also liked Anakin v. Dooku from AotC just as much.

Have to agree with the prevailing opinion -- the two major contenders are Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul and Luke vs. Vader. The former wins hands down on fight choreography, but the latter has far more emotional resonance... especially as it ends with the "I am your father" revelation.

My favorite part of Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul is when Qui-Gon b*tch slaps Maul, knocking him down to a lower level of catwalks, then leaps down to continue the fight. There is just something incongruous about seeing a Jedi backhand a foe!

Klaus

First Post
Luke vs. Darth in ESB.

For some reason, the three-way fight in TPM never cliqued with me. But the Luke vs. Vader fight had a dark rythm to it. It was as if Luke was fighting with the Devil himself. And Vader was in top form, regal and menacing, disappearing into the shadows or using the scenery as a weapon. Plus Vader's leap is like a vulture swooping down on his prey, unlike the Maul/Jinn/Kenobi Olympic Gymnastics flips.

Plus the Luke/Vader duel ends with one of the most memorable scenes of all time.

Had Lucas opted to let Maul live until Episode III, then have Anakin take down Maul in his rise as a Sith Lord, that might've rocked. But only with Vader in full masked panoply.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Luke vs Vader in RotJ barely beats out Luke vs Vader in ESB. The power and feel of those scenes is just great. I'll put Vader vs Obi-Wan I in the bronze position.

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
Vader vs. Luke in Cloud City utterly rocked, it's true. And Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan against Maul was insanely well-choreographed. But I voted for the underdog.

Yoda vs. the Emperor.

Sure, almost all of it was done through CG. Sure, it was anticlimatic. But of all the lightsaber duels in a Star Wars movie, it's the only one leaves my jaw dangling. I think it's the music right as the box seat lifts up and the fight moves into the Senate Chamber. Just... so cool. Jaw-danglingly so.

Demiurge out.

Remove ads