Walking Dad - Jacob Calvins, AKA Frost
Shayuri - Cassandra Allen, AKA Fulcrum
BBs - Laura Vioricta AKA Shadow
JKason - Terry Quinlan aka The Grid
Voda Vosa - Uomo Nascosto/Vittorio di la Croce

Previous(possibly returning?) Characters:
Rathan - James Corin AKA Tinman
Hero4Hire - Jackson Munroe AKA Kombat

*This issue is following a slight retcon/time skip from the original 'prologue'. Changes and current situation are as detailed below:

RETCON: Back on the road, Terry, Cassandra, and James never noticed the woman at the bar, and had a thankfully uneventful trip back home.

Update:
Upon their return, Terry and Cassandra were assigned to a new case investigating a mutant terrorist cell that was drawing a lot of negative attention to metas. They were going to go in with one of Gryphon's oldest members, Uomo Nascosto, and a new mutant they'd never met, but had heard of before - Frost.

At the Drake center, after Gryphon and Drake's conversation, they had decided to work together to infiltrate this new mutant terrorist organization. Given that he had been approached directly, Frost was an ideal way to get their foot in the door, and after a bit of convincing, decided to go along with the rest of the 'team', in the hopes that he would be approached again.

After a few weeks of work, Frost was indeed once more approached while travelling with Uomo, and invited to a meeting.

A Cabin in the Rocky Mountains, Montana, APRIL, 2011
Frost, Cassandra, Terry, and Uomo exited the car in front of the cabin in northern Montana. There were no guards other than the man who'd driven them their from the airport in Spokane. Sitting on the porch was an old man who motioned them forwards.

"I don't usually meet so many at once, but young Mr Frost was very insistent that he wasn't comfortable meeting me alone. A sad lack of trust in your fellow mutant, but given the circumstances of the world, a forgivable one." He smiled at them and motioned them to sit. "My name is Gabriel Phoenix, I understand you wish to support the movement. I suppose my first question must be why?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"The question should have been 'why not?'. Since my ... powers emerged, I was hunted for something I haven't done, by people with no hope to understand me. I started to feel like being a character in one of this weird scifi serials.
Where else should I go after getting your invitation?"

Frost answers truthfully, if not completely.

[sblock=OOC]
great, busted it with the first roll.

Did I just ruined the story? Shall I spend a HP for a re-roll?

----
Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Not necessarily busted, he just knows you're lying. Means you can still come up with an alternative story.)

"Ever since I found out who...what...I was, every day since has just been this...crawling pit of frustration," Cassandra said. "I can do all these things, but I CAN'T do them, because I can't let anyone know or else! And I just keep thinking, why should I be the one who has to live in fear? Just because I'm oppressed doesn't mean I have to live with it."

She nodded at Frost.

"I started looking...found a few others like me, Frost clued me in on what you have going. Oppression only works on individuals. If we join together, we'll be strong enough to show everyone what we've always known we can be."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The corpulent Uomo takes a step ahead, his black trenchcoat flapping with the windy weather. He flashes a smile, and puts a hand in Frost's shoulders. When Uomo speaks, a strong, up to now unknown to the others, Russian accent emerges "One of di rreasons my camarrade herre asked me to come is vecause he is not trrully a masterr of worrds, his abilities rrelie elsev'ere. My name is Grigorio, Grigorio Svarkola; I vas wit camarrade Frost when you approached him." He clears his throat, and takes a moment, as if waiting to see if his deception worked.
"Mutants of all nations have lived with fear for too much time, as camarrade Cassandrra says. Your organization might be a little on di extremist side, although it is the only possible vay now that things are at dis state."

Desception: 19
Investigation on Gabriel Phoenix: 17 -> Allowed by Well informed: Trying to find out info on this guy.
Persuasion: 28
Rolls

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
The old man frowns at Frost for a moment as he stumbles through his story, but seems more convinced by the others stories, and Uomo's words pull his attention. He speaks to 'Grigorio' in slightly-flawed Russian.
[sblock=Russian]"Yes, I'd imagine you've had firsthand experience with the 'state' the Americas are heading towards. I have heard things are worse in Russia. Perhaps you could share some stories with me later?"[/sblock] He switches back to English for the benefit of the others.
"Extremist is such a harsh word, Master Grigorio, I prefer to think of us as doing what is necessary to survive in a world filled with those that do not want us. They fear us for our power, fear that we will replace them, and in their fear they lash out at us, and so we strike back. It is a regrettable cycle, but we can not lay down and simply allow them to destroy our people. Which leads me to: Are you willing to help us strike back, and what do you bring to aide us with?"

[sblock=ooc]
Hope Uomo speaks Russian. ;)

BTW Terry's also here, and Laura will be arriving later.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo replies in perfect Russian. "Things that happen in mother Russia are only compared to what happened during the Red October. I'll share stories if I must, but such memories are painful, as you'll understand. I lost many comrades."
Clearing his throat, Uomo switches back to english as well. "What do we bring to your side? Well, camarrade, I'm an ex KGB agent. I have ways to access information and know a lot of influential and important people around the globe."

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan, aka The Grid

"Which leads me to: Are you willing to help us strike back, and what do you bring to aide us with?"

OOC: Sorry. Playing catch-up.

Terry chuckles. "You have any hackers in your little rabble-rouser gathering? Ask 'em who The Grid is, and you'll know I've got skillz to bring even without what my skewed-up genes give me."

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra nods. "Willing. As for what I bring...mostly just me and my powers."

She lifted her hand, then brought it down, palm flat and facing the earth. The trees all around shuddered and bent over as if bowing down. Leaves sighed down in a sort of rain, dislodged by the motion. When Cass put her hand back at her side, the trees were released and returned to their upright posture, though she did it slowly enough tha they weren't damaged in the process.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Uomo keeps his winning smile in his face. "I really don't have any kind of super power to display..." he thinks to himself. "I'll go by and play the silent card. If he doesn't ask me directly, I have nothing to fear. Heh... Vittorio, you are a genius."
"Ha ha!" He laughs, eyes staring up.

OOC: Still waiting for the information from my investigation check on the old geezer

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"I'm cool."
This is the only thing Frost says. It isn't much, but after his last stumbling nearly ruined everything, the less he says, the better

[sblock=OOC]

Will be visiting my parents this weekend, but will most likely be able to post.

----
Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases