Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

Terry's relief is obvious. He holds off on further comment, though, as his faux-Russian comrade pushes on. He didn't know much about this one, but he definitely seemed to have the ear of the higher-ups. Best not to test him.

Shayuri

First Post
Cassandra smiles and nods as she searches her memories for a mutant who has the kind of powers he's taking about. Existing simultaneously in multiple bodies all of which shared a psychic link? Weird enough to occasion comment, but subtle enough that it might escape notice.

Jemal

Adventurer
"To the point then. I see no reason not to work together, you seem like a.. talented group. Most of those who come to me do so alone, and I could very much use a group that can work together, so if you would like to help us, I have something in mind. I have a man down in Brazil searching for a young woman who's being chased by the Brazilian government, a mutant like ourselves. Brazil has taken a very.. negative response to meta-humans, and this young woman is very important to us. I wonder if you would be willing to help rescue her?"

[sblock=ooc]
Disclaimer: Nothing against Brazil, just needed a random South American country.
Cassandra also has not heard anything of this man or his mutation.
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"A damsel in distrress. Such a herroic calling, it must be answerred at once!" the corpulent "russian" says.

OOC: What's up with South America? =P Hint: Check Location.

Walking Dad

First Post
Frost

"I'm willing to help. I would wish someone would have done something similar for me...
But how will we get to South America?"

Frost asks.

[sblock=OOC]

----
Frost

HP 1

conditions: normal

defenses:
DODGE 7 (1)
PARRY 7 (1)
FORTITUDE 9 (7)
TOUGHNESS 12 (10 Impervious)
WILL 8 (6)

Immunity (poison, disease, crit, suffocation, cold)

[/sblock]

Jemal

Adventurer
"Excellent. We should be able to charter a flight for you, but it will be some hours. Brazil is not exactly next door. My driver will take you to the nearest airport and give you the details and our contact's information on the way while I arrange a flight."

The old man turns and sits down again, but you get the feeling he's not just relaxing. The driver motions you to return to the car and hands you a set of folders - Apparently the mission proposal and your acceptance of it were expected - and once all are seated begins driving.

[sblock=ooc]
Your total travel time counting drive, wait, and plane will be aproximately 12 hours, so you have plenty of time to go over whatever information you need.
You will be setting down in Sao Paulo, your contact will meet you there. His name is William, he has been tracking a woman known as Laura Vioricta who is on the run from the government.
What would you like to know about the mission? Ask away.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

"I guess the first thing we should figure out is what this woman does?" Terry says. "Her ability might help us figure out the best way to track her."

Shayuri

First Post
"Also...this is probably stupid," Cassandra says with some feigned shyness, "I'm really new at this. But...what government is she running from? Brazilian? United States? I figure...it might help to know who we might be up against."

Remove ads