Gaming w/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse Issue 1

Jemal

Adventurer
Phoenix smiles and nods at each of your declarations. "I do indeed know of you, 'Grid', though I'd heard you became much less.. active over the recent year. And Frost is rather.. infamous. Grigorio, I notice you've said nothing of your less.. 'mundane' abilities. Please do not be ashamed, among our own people we should celebrate our abilities."

He raises an eyebrow with keen interest at Cass's demonstration. "Most impressive, young lady. I know a young gentleman named James with much the same power."
[sblock=Sense Motive 20]
the old mans Eyes watch each of you, as though he expects you to know who he's talking about.[/sblock]

"Perhaps one day I'll introduce you to each other."

[sblock=ooc]
Sorry VV, forgot to mention your check didn't turn anything up. Though Uomo's been around a fair bit, the name means nothing to him, short of reminding him of the legend of the phoenix.

VV, please either make a deception check to hide your recognition of his reference to James, or try to explain it away IC. I don't think any of the other characters know about him, though Frost might recognize the reference to the TK guy from Washington.
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

Phoenix smiles and nods at each of your declarations. "I do indeed know of you, 'Grid', though I'd heard you became much less.. active over the recent year."

Terry shrugs. "Well, things did get a bit more complicated for me lately, when it turned out hacking wasn't my only natural talent." He holds his hand palm up, fingers splayed. Small arcs of electricity play along the space between his fingers as he smiles.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I underrstand. Well I'm quite hard to kill, although making a demostrration of that would requirre me to be in pain, something that I wish not to be, and will be verry angrry at anyone who wants to forrcefully make me show that." "Grigorio" says, concealing his acknowledgement of James in the attempt of faked intimidation.

Jemal

Adventurer
The old man smiles at Grid as though he were watching a grandson showing off "How splendid."

He nods at Grigorio's explanation. "Completely understandable, of course. Well then, now that I know about each of you, were there any questions YOU had for me?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Well, Who arre you? comes to mind. I seem to have no intelligence on you sirr." the fake russian says. "And I praise myself of never doing anything unprepared. "

Jemal

Adventurer
"Good sir, if you knew who I was from a simple name, then I wouldn't be who I was." The old man smiles at his own cryptic response then continues to explain. "You may take pride in being well informed, but my very existence is defined by who doesn't know about me. My gifts run more to the.. cerebral than most. I am as much sitting in front of you as I am sitting in a coffee shop in New Jersey, as I am orating to a group in Washington, as I am in many places. I am many, and we are one. I suppose you could liken us to a hive mind, though I dislike the bug analogy."

[sblock=ooc]
Please make another Well informed check for Uomo. I also was going over the sheets and noticed that Cassandra has it as well, so if Shayuri would like to make a check too, feel free.[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

Terry looks a bit nervous, asking, "Does joining your group require ... um, hiving? I can play well with others and all, but a hacker knows better than most how useful it is to have standalone systems outside a network."

Jemal

Adventurer
The old man chuckles at Terry's question "You couldn't if you wanted to, young man. My mind is a... closed network, to use your terminology. We all share the same mutation. We're not going to 'assimilate' you or some such nonsense. We're not the Government, after all. They're the ones trying to force us all to be the same, we just want to let our differences be seen without being ridiculed and threatened. That's why you're here, isn't it?"

[sblock=ooc]
Sry voda, 15 still too low to know anything. stop rolling bad. :p
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Yes yes of course. Excuse me for being straightforward in this camarade, but I feel the need to go to the point here, and waste no more time." Vittorio said, mildly annoyed at his failing memory. [Stupid dice roller...]

Remove ads