D&D 5E Your one hope for D&D?

Dualazi

First Post
A book of exploration, which would focus on mostly skill usage and present a variety of sub-systems to encourage their use or present ways that they are superior to magic (at least low-level spells). For example, a more robust ruleset on how survival and nature skills need to be used when navigating or foraging in the wilderness, or better ways to incorporate and use the various knowledge skills. Possibly some ideas to help DMs build encounters that are much about conquering the terrain as they are enemies, and ways to make harsh environments sufficiently dangerous.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
Are the two even compatible without making Eberron an entirely different world? An entirely different type of setting, even?

Sure they are. I think the Eberron magic economy would work just fine in 5e, for instance. Just because magic item creation rules don't currently exist in 5e doesn't mean it can't happen in the world. In fact, I think 5e's approach to magic item rarity makes more sense for Eberron than either of the past two editions. Lots of low level magic, very very little high level magic (resurrection, teleportation, etc.) I think there would be some subtle changes (linking Dragonmarks to rituals more than spells). Probably the biggest changes would be among the Dragonmarks abilities and the cosmology. Not sure on the specifics right now though.

76512390ag12

First Post
Why thank you. If there ended up being too many of us, like a hundred cool cats from ENWorld, I would settle for a Laphroaig. But it's a wish, so why not shoot the moon.
I could bring Glenrothes, a complementary taste from the Speyside.

I'd also vote for time to enjoy 5e and the well paced release schedule.

But if it's a physical product, a Book of the Planes.

Posted by C4-D4RS on the MetroLiberal HoloNet

Last edited:

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
An overhauled spell system. Featuring re-balanced spells (especially the summoning ones and problem children like Simulacrum), more cantrips for characters to pick, more weapon cantrips, more emphasis on a ritual casting VS combat casting divide, and ritual rules for extraordinary things like surgery and crafting, so that characters without spell slots can get in on the action.

Remove ads