2022 Fantasy Football Americano

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Bills crushed the Titans 41-7, pulled their starters in the 3rd qtr. This is a good article. Miami is looking good and we play them next week, the outcome of that game will say a lot. Josh Allen needs to stop running.

Im not buying into all the hype after losing 4 Super Bowls....In a row..."Yes Randal, in a row". Anyhow, I went to the grocery store Monday about 1PM EST and I didnt see one person without a Bills shirt on or a car without a sticker on it. Win or lose, the Bills and Sabres Buffalo teams have a very loyal following.

I scored the second-most points in my twelve-team league this week. I entered Monday night with a commanding lead, nigh, insurmountable.

And, of course, I lost by less than a point because (1) I was playing the team that the scored the most points in the league, and (2) they started Josh Allen. (They also started the Bucs D ... THANKS JAMEIS!)

Every year, I wonder why I do this. And to you and @payn I say this- do not (repeat, DO NOT) get in on any hype. There are two types of rat teams.

There are the rat teams that are always rat teams, and will not give you the illusion of hope. This is the Detroit Lions.
Then there are the rat teams that will be just good enough to sucker punch you, to really hurt you. This is the Buffalo Bills and the Vikings.

R_J_K75

Legend
I scored the second-most points in my twelve-team league this week. I entered Monday night with a commanding lead, nigh, insurmountable.

And, of course, I lost by less than a point because (1) I was playing the team that the scored the most points in the league, and (2) they started Josh Allen. (They also started the Bucs D ... THANKS JAMEIS!)

Every year, I wonder why I do this. And to you and @payn I say this- do not (repeat, DO NOT) get in on any hype. There are two types of rat teams.

There are the rat teams that are always rat teams, and will not give you the illusion of hope. This is the Detroit Lions.
Then there are the rat teams that will be just good enough to sucker punch you, to really hurt you. This is the Buffalo Bills and the Vikings.
Are you talking about the 2nd MNF game, Vikings v Eagles, iirc?

Snarf Zagyg

:( He actually is not bad, until he plays Monday Night.

I think you might have the Stockholm Syndrome.

Kirk Cousins may be "not bad," but he's also ... not good. In being perfectly cromulent, he's actually the worst. If he was truly bad, then you could easily move on. If he was good, you could be happy.

But by being just ... good ... enough (but not really) you're tethered to a QB who is just good enough to not be good enough.

I feel for you.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
I think you might have the Stockholm Syndrome.

Kirk Cousins may be "not bad," but he's also ... not good. In being perfectly cromulent, he's actually the worst. If he was truly bad, then you could easily move on. If he was good, you could be happy.

But by being just ... good ... enough (but not really) you're tethered to a QB who is just good enough to not be good enough.

I feel for you.
I have admiration for his contract negotiation skills. There are indeed better QBs in the league but at the time Vikes needed one it was him or Jimmy Grappolo (who had only played 4 games at that point). His huge contract was due to little competition for the job. Though, I have seen a dozen or two rookie QBs totally flame out so it could be worse. We also had to suffer under a coach who thought it was still 1982 when it comes to football. Wasted our potential.

Snarf Zagyg

Today's thought on broadcast team changes.

People often note that #CJK5H.

That is not true, because Kirk Herbstreit killed two of them.

3HZH (1).gif

Remove ads