(3.X D&D/d20) Recruiting: The First (Now OOC)

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Need to know what "non-basic" equipment is in the camp. most notably is there an anvil for crafting and what about raw materials as this maybe the bases for alot of exploring.

Arkhandus

First Post
All that's in the camp is what the PCs and NPCs leave there. Theris set up her portable forge, anvil, bellows, etc. (her masterwork smithing tools), though their smaller than a normal, full-sized smithing workshop's. Theris' pile of iron ingots are there, and her pile of firewood.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Just FYI but Angrboda has large amounts of some base supplies also. Quite a bit she has no personal use for but that might be useful for someone else in the camp. She is certainly willing to barter (even though she doesn't really know what she might need right now).

GlassEye

Adventurer
HM, is the blue "ORE!" something your character is saying? I'm assuming so but not entirely sure so I just wanted to check before I posted a startled response from Angrboda.

Also, you could take on the role of quartermaster...;)

Arkhandus

First Post
Theris simply won't let you use her raw materials if she thinks you're going to craft something nobody needs right now. Otherwise, she'll allow you to use her metal and firewood. She has 105 iron ingots, so 105 pounds of already-smelted iron that's ready for forging into items. Forging steel objects will require more time, but I think Theris has all she needs to make steel, it'll just take some time to make it without any existing coal, coke, charcoal, or the like in her initial raw materials.

Roleplay with Theris if you want to use her raw materials for anything. She doesn't mind letting anyone use her portable forge, anvil, bellows, tongs, hammer, fuller, and other tools, and they're masterwork, so that'll add +2 to any Craft checks to forge items with Theris' tools.

Willette

First Post
Just wondering, would my speak with animals ability in any way affect my ability to handle animals or deal with them? I was contemplating pursuing some kind of pet with a few tricks down the line and was just trying to figure out if it'd be worth the skills/feats. On the other hand if constructs are a possibility nevermind as that'll due and i'll just shape them after animals in the spirit of being a forest gnome.

Arkhandus

First Post
Your ability to communicate with forest animals and Speak with (Burrowing) Animals will be of little use in training them in tricks or domesticating them, though it might make the process a little shorter since they'll be able to understand you better.

You won't be able to create Constructs. Since the base-class version of the Artificer that I extrapolated from the Gnome Artificer is not a spellcaster, it won't be able to gain item creation feats like Craft Construct. The only one it'll be able to mimic is Craft Magic Arms & Armor at upper levels through the Magicraft feature that I added at 13th-level or so.

I haven't posted the base-class Artificer stuff yet, as I needed to finish mulling over what upper-level spells they should be able to duplicate with device powers. At most, I might add Brew Potion to the emulatable item creation feats with Magicraft; I determined earlier that allowing them to get all kinds of magic item creation feats and use them would be a bit much with their other abilities and wouldn't make much sense with their technological focus. Magic is only a minor, dabbling thing for upper-level Artificers, to augment their machinery.

Remove ads