(3.X D&D/d20) Recruiting: The First (Now OOC)

Arkhandus

First Post
Had a busy week and never got around to making the updates I had intended. Should be taking care of that later on Monday now, and hopefully this week will be less busy/distracting so I can get in more updates. Need sleep now.

Glad to see you're back, Wilette! And Theroc, too!

Arkhandus

First Post
Ugh. Too tired, didn't get to go online and update threads until late in the evening, and now I'm going to bed. Only managed to update a thread on Crazy Monkey's forums, and now I'm just too tired from a long day. IC update sometime Tuesday.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Well, I don't think that we are going to be able to reason with O-Kurutsumi. I could be wrong and I would be willing to give it another shot (if that is a possibility). Maybe the loud voice is just because it is so large. But maybe not. He certainly seems hostile. What do you all think we should do? We could try one last attempt at Diplomacy (who's the best at it?) and if that fails then run like the dickens.

edit: Angrboda's diplomacy is +7.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
How many aid another attempts can we make???

That would help at least one person try a diplomacy vs. a hostile creature.

Let those who want make a roll and post something based on that (good or bad lol) and have a face-man use those posts to "talk" to the big guy.

HM

Arkhandus

First Post
I think the guideline in the book is just however many people the DM thinks is reasonable for the "aid another" attempts in any given situation. If anyone wants to try another Diplomacy attempt, give it a shot in the IC thread with a Diplomacy check along with the RPing for it. Any others who wanna try "aiding another" can chip in with a few words/sentences and a Diplomacy check as well.

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak already tried his panicky Diplomacy, so I don't think I'd be able to try again (at least without more dire consequences).

But very nice little speech, GlassEye. Are you, by any chance, a lawyer by trade? :p ;)

GlassEye

Adventurer
lol, not a lawyer. I might accept windbag academic, though... :heh: I work at an academic library (and librarians can be just as bad as lawyers sometimes!)

Arkhandus

First Post
Sorry for the slow pace lately. I'm just super-tired most days lately, haven't had a chance to get a full night's sleep in quite a while and I can only take care of so much each day on 3-4 hours of sleep. Rrrrrrrrggh. Posting rate will hopefully pick up again this week (I waited probably a bit too long this week to await responses before advancing things).

Remove ads