• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[4e] The Dustbowl (QA) [Recruitment - OPEN(1)] (OOC)

eblue562

First Post
I haven't posted really much since I'm still allowing interaction, but the room you are in has the strange symbols on the floor. There are still some other unexplored areas of the dungeon (look at the revealed map).

Once you guys are satisfied that you're not there to kill each other, then we'll continue on.

eblue562

First Post
Sure! Since the group hasn't taken an extended rest, it's safe to say that the three of you (minus The Scholar and Bhar) now have an extra 1 AP. The newly added companions will start with one action point as well.

EDIT: Also, has anyone seen renau1g around? He hasn't posted in the other adventure either. Hope everything is ok.

Shayuri

First Post
It tasks me...it tasks me and I will have it...

But arr, we've probably spent more than enough time for my brain to be stymied. Apologies.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Well, my first thought was "we need to spell a word with the symbols to get through". Looking at the letters though, we get only consonants (except for the omega): so much for direct spelling... Maybe each symbol is a phonem (Betha being Be or Bet)? Psi or Chi are rather hard to get into a word though, and certainly won't spell either "Passcode" or "Ak'Sto"... Taking the first letters of "TA GIT THRU, USE DA PASSCOWD!!" doesn't seem to correspond with anything either, so it's likely not a direct mnemonic code either...

Second thought: orcs can't spell! (As evidenced by the clue on the wall). Ergo, if this puzzle involved spelling, there'd be a huge pile of orc bodies sizzling away somewhere... That, unfortunetly, leads us right back where we started.

Sorry folks, looks like I don't quite live up to Mialucus' god-like Int score. :blush:

eblue562

First Post
I'm sorry I haven't updated yet, but I will soon. I really like the problem-solving going on here, and it will be well-rewarded.

Shayuri

First Post
The orcs don't necessarily have to be able to spell very well...if they have a copy of the password, they could use it simply by visually comparing the two.

I assume they've been thoroughly searched by now, but it could still be something they memorized by rote.

Alternatively, it may just be a question of safe letters. The grid's letters repeat pretty frequently...and closely enough that decent Jump checks would let one navigate easily enough between them.

Remove ads