• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A theory on "morbiczer" and the "Races and Classes"

Status
Not open for further replies.
When this rumor came out, I really thought (and I still partly do) it was true. I even posted the news in peruvian forums because I was very excited. But after re-reading the whole scoop tehre was something really wierd, specially in this paragraph:

I no that I all this might soun a strange, since I have no prrof for it. But if you look at my old posts (I don't post much, so it shouldn't be to hard to find), you'll see that my FLGS started to sell Fiendish Codex II also well before it's street date. (I don't have access tot the search function, so I can't give you a link to that thread.) My screenname on ENWorld is morbiczer.

It seems to me that it is not morbiczer himself, but someone who read the thread of the FCII and is using morbiczer's gained credibility to throw at us a "likely" version of what's inside. But this is not the way morbiczer acts. When he got the FCII, he posted the "news" himself. And defended it with a lot of reasons and posted very often, responding to the many questions of other posters, as seen here (post 100 and beyond) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=180000&page=4&pp=30 I don't think I buy the whole "My screenname on ENWorld is morbiczer" stuff. Why doesn't he posted himself?? It seems that he is trying very hard to make us believe he si morbiczer so we believe him just because it is him, not for the consistency of his statements.

On the other hand, the lack of response from wizards makes me think. Why haven't they responded negating the facts if they are wrong? Was it someone from wizards the one that started tis rumor to give some hints? or to confuse us so that when the actual mystery race is revealed we're all flat-footed? Or is it just a dammed prankster thats laughing at us because of the confusion he's caused? Or is it a guy that has the book and is using morbiczer's name for credibilty?

Goken100

First Post
I tend to believe it because the news makes too much sense. Also I question how much fake news would actually give someone jollies (a possibility, I know, but a slim one).

Sometimes folks like to post stuff on message boards, and then lose interest. I know I've gone through lots of such phases myself, so I can certainly understand.

Anyway, we'll know for sure by tomorrow, when the WoTC folks come back from grandma's house.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Sir Sebastian Hardin said:
It seems to me that it is not morbiczer himself, but someone who read the thread of the FCII and is using morbiczer's gained credibility to throw at us a "likely" version of what's inside. But this is not the way morbiczer acts. When he got the FCII, he posted the "news" himself. And defended it with a lot of reasons and posted very often, responding to the many questions of other posters, as seen here (post 100 and beyond) http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=180000&page=4&pp=30 I don't think I buy the whole "My screenname on ENWorld is morbiczer" stuff. Why doesn't he posted himself?? It seems that he is trying very hard to make us believe he si morbiczer so we believe him just because it is him, not for the consistency of his statements.

The same thought occurred to me, so I checked. The email did come from morbiczer, unless it's a very elaborate and technologically intricate hoax.

And looking at his posts, as we know, FCII did appear early where he is, and he posted accurate information. He doesn't have R&C, but merely looked though it.

Glyfair

Explorer
Morrus said:
He doesn't have R&C, but merely looked though it.
Obviously part of the "I won't pay for advertising" crowd. A shame, he should have been part of the useful "buy it and post the contents on ENWorld so others don't need to buy it" crowd ;)

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Goken100 said:
I tend to believe it because the news makes too much sense. Also I question how much fake news would actually give someone jollies (a possibility, I know, but a slim one).

Sometimes folks like to post stuff on message boards, and then lose interest. I know I've gone through lots of such phases myself, so I can certainly understand.

Anyway, we'll know for sure by tomorrow, when the WoTC folks come back from grandma's house.
Another plant? Note the low post number...

Well, I think that this trashes my theory. I was feeling very intelligent as I put it together but now...
I guess the only options left are:
a)that he is lying, but that doesn't seem like it, because he has proven to be trustworthy. and
b) that this is true. sorry for the wizards and their "big surprise". Way to go morbiczer!

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Sir Sebastian Hardin said:
Well, I think that this trashes my theory. I was feeling very intelligent as I put it together but now...
I guess the only options left are:
a)that he is lying, but that doesn't seem like it, because he has proven to be trustworthy. and
b) that this is true. sorry for the wizards and their "big surprise". Way to go morbiczer!
or c) you are both plants.

Oh, and so is Morrus. :p

Alnag

First Post
I tend to think, it is true. The liars do not have a tendency to back up their statements. They just present them. Also, the information is pretty much consistent and another guy said he is stting on a review of the book and did not contradict the statements. So either all around here are plants (myself as well...) or it is true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads