[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], feel free to roll whatever's needed, Cairn rushes the door. I'm not sure about the mechanics for such action.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn takes a running start and smashes through the heavily reinforced door as if it were paper.

[sblock=OOC]
27 strength check

Everyone please roll initiative. Cairn gained everyone a surprise round as the team rushes into the building.

It will take me a few days to get this together as I am in the middle of moving and life is totally hectic.
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Crash! Boom! Fun! Christina says, jumping off Pooh's shoulders and rushing into the house staff in hand, soon followed by the bears.

OOC: Init=21

johnmeier1

Explorer
Here we go again

[sblock=ministats]
Triggers:Battle Awareness (adjacent enemy shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include Baern), Unbalancing Parry (enemy misses Baern with melee attack), Disruptive Strike (adjacent enemy attacks Baern or ally)
Init: +3 Speed: 5 Perception:23 Insight: 16
AC: 21 NAD:19/15/17
HP: 62/62 Surges: 8/8 Surge Value: 14 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Dwarven
Str:19 Dex:10 Wis:16 Con:15 Int:10 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Hunter's Quarry, Throw and Stab, Twin Strike
Encounter: Disrupting Strike, Off-Hand Strike, Second Wind, Unbalancing Parry, Battle Awareness, Serpentine Dodge
Daily: Chainmail of Dwarven Vigor, Jaws of the Wolf, Opportunistic Waraxe

Full Character Sheet [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar smiles, "I have observed that we are something of a blunt instrument, M'lady. I have decided to embrace our strengths and move merrily forward."

[sblock=initiative 24] 1d20 +6 → [18,6] = (24) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=Icon Request]
Not sure if you have icon pics picked out yet or not, but if you don't here are some I found :)

Christina:
Battle_Cry_by_NatashaKineva.jpg

Or this:

Commission_Elf_Druid_Female_by_LRCommissions.jpg

Pooh:

Bear_by_JamesWest.jpg

Rabberta:
spirit_bear_by_supasheep-d3ayiig.jpg

[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Tick, tick]
Sorry for the delay guys. I'm just swamped with all the stuff associated with moving. Tonight's totally booked, but I have finished part of it and might be done by tomorrow night. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for your patience.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn crashes into the building, closely followed by the rest of the team. A vast chamber stretches before you. Rows upon rows of crates—some stacked as high as 15 feet—form aisles and corridors. A catwalk runs around the perimeter, as well as across the cavernous room at several points, with an array of chains and pulleys dangling beneath. In one corner, a flight of stairs leads to a balcony built into the catwalk. Several walls surround what you would guess to be a room.

Inside, they see a group of men loitering around further in the warehouse, sitting up on top of crates. These men look pretty tough and have clubs and daggers hanging from their belts. Although surprised, they start reaching for their weapons.

There also appears to be some movement behind the glass to the right of the stairs. That appears to be a room (located at U1/U2 through X1/X2). Someone might be looking down at the group.

[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION]Yeah, I'm not sure of copyright infringement, so I didn't use the pictures you posted, rather I stole from WotC (who probably doesn't care in this case).

IMPORTANT: Post EVERY single square that your PC is moving into.

Cairn init 23

41/41 Nyar
84/84 Cairn
45/45 Christina
Human 1 (on green crates, see below or see map)
Human 2 (on green crates)
Human 3 (on yellow crates)
Human 4 (on yellow crates)
50/50 Narvala
62/62 Baern

Everyone gets to use a single standard action during the surprise round. After that round is finished, then Nyar, Cairn, and Christina get to act in round one (please wait until everyone has finished their surprise round). Then the bad guys, then everyone.

Ceiling: The ceiling is 35 feet overhead.

Catwalks: These metallic walkways, standing 20 feet above the floor, aid in the movement and placement of crates. A sequence of chains and pulleys runs across the underside of the catwalks. This enables a character to climb, hand-over-hand, along the underside of these catwalks with a DC 20 Acrobatics or Athletics check, at normal climbing speed. Except where the ladders stand, the catwalk has a railing all the way around. Anyone wishing to deliberately climb or leap over the railing must spend an extra square of movement to do so, and any push, pull, or slide effect that would drag a creature over that railing must also spend an extra square to do so.

Crates: Each individual crate is roughly 5 feet (1 square) high, but they are often stacked two or three crates (that is, 10 or 15 feet, or 2 or 3 squares) in height, as marked on the map. Stepping up on a single crate requires an extra square of movement, while moving down a single crate does not cost any additional movement. Climbing two or three crates requires a DC 18 Athletics check. So, climbing from a height of zero to one crate to two crates to three crates is two squares for the first, two for the second and two for the third without a check. But climbing straight up two crates is an Athletics check.

Ladders: The ladders are all 20 feet (4 squares) in height, but count as 8 squares of movement. A DC 12 Acrobatics or Athletics check allows a character to climb them at the normal 4 squares of movement if the player declares as part of the comment on Invisible Castle that s/he is doing a fast climb.

Stairs: The stairs to the south count as difficult terrain.

The yellow crates are one square high.
The red crates are two squares high.
The green crates are three squares high.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Warehouse.jpg
    Warehouse.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 100
  • Encounter 5a.jpg
    Encounter 5a.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Encounter 5b.jpg
    Encounter 5b.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 98

Remove ads