[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Luinnar

First Post
Pooh, you take care of this dead thing while I'll take care of those dead things! Pooh obliges by trying to rip the zombie's face off.

Christina runs over to where the rest of the party is. Hey get up, no time to sleep! We have dead things running around! she says, rousing Narvala.
[sblock=actions]
Move: Christina: M10-L9
Pooh:M17

Minor:Healing Word on Narvala for Surge+2+5

Standard:pooh MBA vs Z2, 15 vs AC, 19 damage missed I suppose? If so I'm going to spend an AP.

Free:Sudden Call Burst 20: Rabberta is summoned at L6.

Pooh should be at 11 HP, since he only gets surge valued when summoned with a minor action.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Christina Robins]
Christina Robins—Female Human Sentinel Druid 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 21
AC: 20, Fort: 20, Reflex: 15, Will: 18
Speed: 6
HP: 29/45, Bloodied: 22, Surge: 11, Surges left: 10/11;
Action Points: 1
Powers -
Tending Strike
Grasping Tide
Call Bear Animal Companion (Pooh)
Call Bear Spirit Companion (Rabberta)

Healing Word 1/2
Healing Spirit
Combined Attack 1/2
Barkskin
World Speaker's Command
Sudden Call

Speak With Spirits
Summon Giant Toad
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh the Animal Companion]
Pooh Chaotic Evil Bear Animal Companion:

HP:11/22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

MBA:Melee 1:+9 vs AC, 1d12+8 damage.

Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.

Note:Moves whenever Christina takes a move action.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Pooh Aura Reminder]
Guardian Companion Aura 1:+2 power bonus to allies defenses.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Rabberta the Spirit Companion]
Rabberta Lawful Good Spirit Bear:

HP:22 AC:17 Fort:19 Ref:15 Will:19

Perception 23 Speed 6

[sblock=Spirit Companion notes]
The spirit companion is treated as a conjuration with some exceptions.
  • It occupies 1 square like an ally does.
  • It is only affected by melee or ranged attacks (not close/area attacks or zones).
  • It is dispersed if it takes 12 or more damage from a single blow, and Christina takes 7 damage. It is otherwise unaffected by attacks. It uses Christina's defenses.
  • It cannot be flanked and it does not grant flanking.
  • The companion can move 6 squares whenever Christina takes a move action. It is not affected by difficult terrain.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Cairn is using a halberd which is a two handed weapon. So in order to have attacked last round, he had to drop the Alchemist Fire bottle into either square M17 or N18 last round.

Yes, the red square is the Flaming Sphere.

Cairn missed with his charge attack.

However, he cannot move to L8 to charge Zombie 1 since he is using a reach weapon and has to charge attack from 2 squares away. So, if he wants to use the AP, he'll have to use his originally stated action to attack Zombie 3 in order to reach both foes with the AP. Note: he could charge to square L7 (moving M8 to L7 so that he does not provoke and so that he is not next to the Sphere) and stand over Narvala's prone body. Let me know if you want to do this [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION].

Foes cannot be pushed "upwards" (RC, page 213). They can be pushed straight across horizontally or even down, so pushing Z3 requires that the first square be either M4 or L4.
OOC:
Reach weapon can charge into adjacent, no? I mean, before it was mandatory to end your charge adjacent regardless of the weapon type, I thought that was optional now, but still allowed. Are you sure?

If he cannot hold alchemist fire, how did he attack last round?! Instead of dropping it, can we say he stashed it back when he attacked last round (there is minor unused)? I thought I deleted that part o_O

Sure, put him over Narvala, whatever works.
I'll let you decide which path is possible for the push, as long as it ends somewhere it doesn't affect Nyar or Narvala.

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC:
Reach weapon can charge into adjacent, no? I mean, before it was mandatory to end your charge adjacent regardless of the weapon type, I thought that was optional now, but still allowed. Are you sure?

The original PHB rule was that one had to move to the nearest square from which one could attack the enemy. It was not adjacent, but the first square from which the charging character could attack (i.e. 2 squares away with reach). But, that was errata-ed and now one can move adjacent with a reach weapon.

I don't think that I'll ever catch up to all of the errata because it is not just specific changes for specific powers or feats or items, it's often fundamental rules that I memorized a few years back.

OOC: If he cannot hold alchemist fire, how did he attack last round?! Instead of dropping it, can we say he stashed it back when he attacked last round (there is minor unused)? I thought I deleted that part o_O

He attacked last round because neither you nor I noticed that you attempted swinging a halberd with a potion in Cairn's hand. ;)

But sure, he could have put it away again.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Zombie locations]
Cairn hits Zombie 1, but misses Zombie 3 both times. So, Zombie 3 is still in square M5, but Zombie 1 is in square G4.

Pooh misses Zombie 2.

Narvala is conscious at 17 hit points. Next round if she is still able (i.e. not immobilized or unconscious again), she can use a move action to stand up in any adjacent square as long as it does not have crates in it.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Can't give you XP, but thanks...also note, secondary attack is versus FORT not AC (fort 20 maybe a hit when vs AC wouldn't be) - I really miss stats on th critters...I know we already discussed this, but could you give us approx numbers based on our rolls if not outright stats? Or maybe reveal the stat when it is attacked?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Bwa ha ha ha. I am a master necromancer. My allies do not fall right away. the Leader laughs.

[sblock=zombie locations]
Thanks for pointing that out. I totally missed that the attack was vs. Fort.

So instead of it missing, it kills the Zombie which blows up in Nyar's face. :eek:

Nyar hit for 9 cold damage and is slowed (save ends). Although Zombie 3 is below zero hit points, it is not dead (yet).

18 hits for 9 cold damage.

[Mention=22]Necrotic[/Mention], let me know which square that Zombie 3 is pushed back into.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: That's weird that the zombie doesn't die yet still does it's cold explosion thing...

"Well, thank the Seven he's a master necromancer. Those amateur ones can be so annoying," the wizard quips.

Nyar flicks his wand and the flaming sphere wisks up to be just next to necromancer. He then points his wand and a explosion of noxious fumes boils over and covers the catwalk behind Baern. Nyar hears a satisfying cough echoing from the necromancer within the cloud.

(likely) The move elicits an attack and the zombie swings at the mage, but Nyar's magic bracers flash and he appears 10 feet from the zombie and safely out of reach. For now.

[sblock=actions]
Start: take 5 damage from aura

Minor: Sustain Flaming Sphere

Movement: Move Flaming Sphere to R-9, three squares up. It will damage the necromancer for 1d4+6 damage at start of turn.

Standard: Stinking Cloud at square S-11 two squares up. That should create a nice cloud blocking up to the square behind Baern (covering the catwalk) and hit both Z4 and the necromancer. Rolls for initial attack(necromancer then Z4): 1d20+11 → [15,11] = (26), 1d20+11 → [12,11] = (23) Roll Lookup Damage: 1d10+6+2 → [5,6,2] = (13) Roll Lookup . So if that hits, 13 poison damage to both. The cloud blocks line of sight to people inside and creatures starting their turn there take 1d10+6 additional damage.

This should evoke at OA from the zombie, which Nyar will avoid by using his Bracers of Escape to teleport to L-4.
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 9/41 Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere
Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: That's weird that the zombie doesn't die yet still does it's cold explosion thing...

OOC: [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], Cairn intended to push Zombie 3 away from Nyar. So, the zombie will not provoke an OA since it won't be next to Nyar. Don't worry though. The zombie will be sure to come back and attack a second time so that you can use the bracers. If so, let me know ahead of time before I roll the to hit. Also, the Zombie blows up when it drops below zero hit points, not when it dies. The one effect does not negate the other. Plus, give me an Arcana check.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Ha! Even better. Does that mean it is not next to Nyar at the start of his turn (and therefore have 5 more hit points)? I would want to use the bracers at the next melee attack, moving 2 squares away, but Nyar doesn't want to pile into an "area burst 1 or 2" group with his placement. Arcana check:1d20+13 → [10,13] = (23) Roll Lookup

Remove ads