[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: I was thinking she could hit two if she couldn't move and 3 if she could; Z3, Z4, and the undead gnoll don't fit in a blast 5 (would need a blast 6). Though for some reason I was also thinking there was a bad guy on the catwalk above her. And as near as I can tell there's no way to hit more than one enemy with a close blast 3 without moving.

OOC: I hate getting old. I purposely looked at that and saw a 5x5 area this morning. Now, it's a 5x6 area. Doh!

drothgery

First Post
Narvala ir'Sarhain, female human invoker 6 (Silver Flame)

OOC: I was hoping I'd come up with some way of doing more this turn, but this is all I've got.
Also, Medic!

"I cannot think you truly know you are facing." Narvala said, ignoring the biting cold magic binding her, though the others could clearly see she was in pain. "Perhaps you think every priestess of the Flame is like that woman defiling the High Temple here. I assure you that is not the case."

A wall of light came into being, enveloping Nyar and Narvala, and then she spoke another word of power and directed the Flame's energy at the zombie next to her. Unfortunately, her attack did not match her bravado.[sblock=actions]minor: Wall of Light from L6-L10
standard: Forceful Denunciation vs Fort on Z3; damage (1d10+12=13, 2d6+7=17); natural 1 is a MISS
move: retrieve potion of healing
saving throw vs ongoing damage (1d20=9) FAILS
[/sblock][sblock=Narvala]Narvala—Female Human Invoker 7 (Ordained Priest)
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 27
AC: 19, Fort: 17, Reflex: 20, Will: 22; (ranged attacks from >5 sq take a -1 penalty) — Speed: 6
HP: 16/50, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 3/6;
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: Not Used
Powers -
Sun Strike
Hand of Radiance
Vanguard's Lightning
Shinning Symbol
Forceful Denunciation
Chains of Carceri
Tide of the First Storm
Purging Flame
Wall of Light
Grasping Chains of the Justicar
Astral Step

Rebuke Undead
Preserver's Rebuke
Potion of Healing
Holy Gauntlets
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Well, if you're the mastermind, then you're a blithing idiot. Changed my mind. Not impressed."

Feeling the biting cold, Nyar steps back from the ghouls. He summons a raging ball of fire to attemp to weaken the ghouls frosty aura.

He pulls a vial from his beltpouch.

[sblock=actions]
Start: Take 10 damage (aura)
Movement: Shift to L-5
Standard: Flaming Sphere vs. zombie 3 (reflex): 1d20+11, 2d6+6 → ([3, 11], [5, 6, 6]) Roll Lookup I doubt that hits (14 vs reflex), but 17 damage (+vuln) if it does. Sphere will be in square N-7. Zombie will take 1d4+6 (+vuln) damage for starting next to sphere. Seriously bad rolls for Narvala and Nyar this turn.
Minor: Draw potion of healing.

Readied Interrupt: Bracers of Escape: If target of melee attack, Nyar will teleport 2 squares (to catwalk if possible).[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: 18/41 Surges: 3/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere
Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: http://leb.wikia.com/wiki/LEB:pC:Nyar_Harbor_(FourMonos)#Summary [/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Hey that is not very nice! Christina says upon the destruction of Pooh. You should treat aminals better!

I think we should teach you a lesson! she says, looking angry. She swings her staff knocking the human on the head. As even death cannot keep him away from his prey, Pooh jumps into the action again from behind some of the crates, clawing at the human with its gigantic paws. Finally Tigger's tongue lashes out, smacking the man over the head.

I thought you said to stay away from those zombies, wizard. Baern shouts on Nyar. He then climbs up the boxes onto the catwalk. Tossing his handaxe at the man just outside the office before taking the waraxe after the decrepit hyena-man. If this is death he says to the man while his axe is stuck in the gnoll then I don't want any of it!

Cairns stone form frosts over from the cold, but he shows no discomfort. He uses the height of the warehouse to swing the halberd like a great axe in chopping motion, slamming cold zombie into the ground. It responds to Cairn's rumble, cracking just enough so that the shoulder of the undead is caught. If it tries to wriggle free it will surely dislocate it.

He then calmly steps back, confident that the zombie won't get up.

"I cannot think you truly know you are facing." Narvala said, ignoring the biting cold magic binding her, though the others could clearly see she was in pain. "Perhaps you think every priestess of the Flame is like that woman defiling the High Temple here. I assure you that is not the case."

A wall of light came into being, enveloping Nyar and Narvala, and then she spoke another word of power and directed the Flame's energy at the zombie next to her. Unfortunately, her attack did not match her bravado.

"Well, if you're the mastermind, then you're a blithing idiot. Changed my mind. Not impressed."

Feeling the biting cold, Nyar steps back from the ghouls. He summons a raging ball of fire to attemp to weaken the ghouls frosty aura.

He pulls a vial from his beltpouch.

The humans move around up on the catwalk in order to get unhindered sling shots at the group below. One of them slams Cristina in the back with a bullet and another smashes into Tigger, sending Tigger back to the realm that it came from, but the last human misses Pooh.

One zombie misses Narvala, but a second one touches her shoulder. Even more intense cold flows into her than before. Another zombie slashes Rabberta, but again it does not affect the spirit. "Stupid zombie." the man yells out. "Attack those over there." he says pointing in Nyar's and Narvala's direction. The zombie rushes to obey, but Rabberta grabs it for a moment, preventing it from moving. The final zombie cannot seem to get up from the ground where Cairn planted it.

Again, the undead gnoll shrieks at Narvala and Nyar, but this time, they both withstand the assault.

"Why is it that if I want something done, I always have to do it myself?" the man asks as he moves forward. Dark necrotic energy flows out of his hands, smashing Narvala to the ground where she remains unmoving. The dark energy also envelops Baern, stealing his breath away and injuring him severely in the process. Finally, the dark energy slams into Rabberta and causes the spirit to vanish.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: If your PC has Combat Advantage and/or other bonuses / penalties to hit, please write it down as D20+11+2+1-2 in IC or in the roller here and write it down in the descriptive text. That way, I can see at a glance that you remembered your bonuses and penalties (and which ones you may have forgotten) and I do not have to look up the power on your character sheet. If you combine all of the numbers into D20+12 and I know that you had some bonuses and penalties, then I have to go look it up to see if you did it correctly. This is not always important to me, just when you roll moderately low and the attack is on the borderline of the defense, but we don't know that before you roll. Thanks.

Note: If you cannot see the maps well, you can look at an earlier map to see where the crates are and what color they are.

Note: PCs except for Baern are still down below the catwalk. If your PC is shown as on top of the catwalk on the map, s/he is really below the catwalk until you get up there.

Cristina hits Human 3 for 15 and kills him.

Pooh misses Human 3.

Tigger hits Zombie 2 for 12. Note: I did not have Tigger pull the zombie since Luinnar didn't indicate that after the retcon.

Undead Gnoll misses Baern with OA.

10 misses Baern

Baern hits the Leader for 7.

Baern hits the Undead Gnoll for 22.

Cairn hits Zombie 2 for 11 and knocks it prone.

Narvala takes 5 ongoing cold damage and 10 aura cold damage.

Narvala misses Zombie 3.

Nyar gains 5 temp hit points (wall of light) and takes 10 aura cold damage. Note: since start of turn effects work in whatever order the player wants, I assumed that FourMonos would want Nyar to gain the temp hit points before taking the damage.

Nyar hits Zombie 3 for 22 fire damage (you forgot the CA from last turn that everyone but Nyar had already used).

Human 1 hits Cristina for 9.

9 hits for 9 damage.

Human 4 hits Tigger for 9.

9 hits for 9 damage.

Human 2 misses Pooh.

2 misses.

Zombie 1 misses Narvala.

6 misses.

Zombie 2 is unable to attack.

Zombie 3 takes 13 fire damage from Flaming Sphere at start of turn.

8 fire damage.

Zombie 3 hits Narvala for 13 and then moves away from the Sphere (N6 M5). This provokes an Opportunity Attack from Narvala.

20 hits for 13.

Zombie 4 hits Rabberta for 7, but it does not affect it.

10 hits for 7.

Rabberta stops Zombie 4 from moving towards Nyar and Narvala with World's Speaker's Command.

12 hits.

Undead Gnoll recharges healing shriek.

6 recharges

Undead Gnoll misses Narvala and Nyar.

4 vs. Fort misses. 3 vs. Fort misses.

Leader hits Narvala, Baern, and Rabberta for 15. Baern's interrupt fails. Narvala falls and needs to make a death saving throw immediately for next turn. Since Narvala's turn goes before anyone else's this next turn, the Wall of Light dissipates. Since Rabberta got hit for 15 damage, Rabberta is gone and Cristina takes 7 damage.

15 vs. Reflex hits, 15 vs. Reflex hits, 9 vs. Reflex hits for 15 damage.

Narvala takes 5 ongoing damage and 5 aura damage and needs to make a death saving throw and a saving throw vs. ongoing damage. So, an OA from Narvala in addition to the saving throws.

23/41 Nyar
75/84 Cairn
29/45 Christina
22/22 Pooh
0/12 Rabberta, gone
0/22 Tigger, gone
Human 1, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
Human 2, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
38 Human 3, dead
12 Human 4, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
Zombie 1 (aura 1)
23 Zombie 2 (aura 1), marked by Cairn, prone, cannot stand TENT Cairn, takes 14 damage if it stands TEE Cairn
59 Zombie 3 (aura 1), bloodied
Zombie 4 (aura 1)
22 Undead Gnoll, Hunter's Quarry by Baern, concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
7 Leader (aura 5), concealment against all but Baern (on catwalk up 4)
-22/50 Narvala, 5 ongoing cold damage, immobilized UENT Zombie 3, bloodied, unconscious, dying, prone
28/62 Baern, bloodied, concealment against Leader (on catwalk up 4)

Nyar takes 5 cold damage in the aura at the start of his turn.

Special note: if a PC enters a Zombie Aura, s/he will take damage as if starting in the aura (5 in one aura, 10 in two auras, etc.).

Narvala goes first due to being unconscious (but anyone can still post in any order). It's the PC's turn.

Ceiling: The ceiling is 35 feet overhead.

Catwalks: These metallic walkways, standing 20 feet above the floor, aid in the movement and placement of crates. A sequence of chains and pulleys runs across the underside of the catwalks. This enables a character to climb, hand-over-hand, along the underside of these catwalks with a DC 20 Acrobatics or Athletics check, at normal climbing speed. Except where the ladders stand, the catwalk has a railing all the way around. Anyone wishing to deliberately climb or leap over the railing must spend an extra square of movement to do so, and any push, pull, or slide effect that would drag a creature over that railing must also spend an extra square to do so.

Crates: Each individual crate is roughly 5 feet (1 square) high, but they are often stacked two or three crates (that is, 10 or 15 feet, or 2 or 3 squares) in height, as marked on the map. Stepping up on a single crate requires an extra square of movement, while moving down a single crate does not cost any additional movement. Climbing two or three crates requires a DC 18 Athletics check. So, climbing from a height of zero to one crate to two crates to three crates is two squares for the first, two for the second and two for the third without a check. But climbing straight up two crates is an Athletics check.

Ladders: The ladders are all 20 feet (4 squares) in height, but count as 8 squares of movement. A DC 12 Acrobatics or Athletics check allows a character to climb them at the normal 4 squares of movement if the player declares as part of the comment on Invisible Castle that s/he is doing a fast climb.

Stairs: The stairs to the south count as difficult terrain.

The yellow crates are one square high.
The red crates are two squares high.
The green crates are three squares high.

The only light coming in is from the shuttered windows on the outer perimeter of the catwalk (i.e. the edge of the map all of the way around) and the door you guys just opened. So, the lighting on the outer edge of the map (one square's worth) is normal and the light from the door 20 feet into the room is normal. The rest of the room is dim light except for Nyar's Light spell.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 5g.jpg
    Encounter 5g.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 73
  • Encounter 5h.jpg
    Encounter 5h.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 81

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Bad guy who has a lot of undead takes down the invoker first? Smart, but annoying.

As she falls, Narvala lashes out futilely with her staff at the zombie that left itself open. But when the cold fully envelopes her, she falls, unmoving.
[sblock=actions]OA atk; OA dmg; save vs death; save vs ongoing dmg (1d20+8=11, 1d8+2=3, 1d20=10, 1d20=6)
OA - presumably is a Miss
Death save succeeds but...
save vs ongoing damage FAILS, so unless someone has a way to prevent it, when the ongoing damage kicks in, Narvala falls below 1/2 bloodied and DIES
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: @KarinsDad , was the attack the "killed" Rabberta a melee or ranged attack? Because she is immune to close and area attacks as well as zones.

Hope the move went well :)

@drothgery If Christina healed you would that save Narvala's life?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: @KarinsDad , was the attack the "killed" Rabberta a melee or ranged attack? Because she is immune to close and area attacks as well as zones.

Hope the move went well :)

@drothgery If Christina healed you would that save Narvala's life?

OOC: It was a 3 target ranged attack.

The move was fairly painful. 12 hours packing up a truck, 3 days driving it, and 6 hours unpacking it. But, that was less than half of our crap. We get to do this again once our current house sells. ;)

And yes, Christina healing Narvala would, for the moment, save her life.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: To expand on that...

Right now, Narvala is at -22/50, and has failed a save to end ongoing 10 damage for next round. If she reaches -25, she dies (and because she is a devout follower of the Silver Flame, she will not agree to being brought back from the dead). Healing her for more than 7 points will keep her alive for another round, unless she takes damage from another source.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
[MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION], any healing would save Narvalas life since healing counts from zero hp.

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], what is that red square? Flame sphere? If yes, change charge target to Z1, charge ending in L8 (mark Z1), AP is the same.

Cairn moves on ignoring downed zombie to hurry to priestess' aid.
"Christina, have Pooh destroy the lying one, I have to go."

He rushes in toward the zombies attacking the casters. Attacking first in a rush, he brings Ghalad'Zhar around to slam into the zombie. The earth rumbles, thunder of the impact sending the zombie between the crates, giving some room to the mage. Earth buckles between Cairn and the other zombie is pushed further away, suffering minor beating in the process.

The area around Cairn frosts over, making for treacherous terrain even for cold based zombies while insulating Cairn from their cold.

"I spent countless winters in mountain storms! There is nothing you can do to prevail! Nobody touches lady mage! Your life is forfeit, caster. Nyar, revive Narvala! Also, this is liquid fire, use it if you don't have appropriate gear."

[sblock=Actions]
Move: N17-M16-M13

Minor: Take the form of winter's herald, gain +1 AC; resist cold 5 and 2 squares around Cairn are difficult terrain for the enemies.

Standard: Charge vs Z3 ending in M7; damage (1d20+11+1=18, 1d10+5=10) - [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], I need to know if this hits and/or kills the zombie before using AP

In case Z3 still stands:
AP: Thunderram Assault vs Z1 AC; thunder damage (1d20+11=25, 1d10+5=10) - pushed 4 to (J6->I6->H5->G4)
Secondary attack: Thunderram Assault vs Z3 Fort; thunder damage (1d20+11=20, 1d6+1=4) - pushed to either O4 (if possible due to height difference) or to N4 /blast M5-7 and down
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Cairn is using a halberd which is a two handed weapon. So in order to have attacked last round, he had to drop the Alchemist Fire bottle into either square M17 or N18 last round.

Yes, the red square is the Flaming Sphere.

Cairn missed with his charge attack.

However, he cannot move to L8 to charge Zombie 1 since he is using a reach weapon and has to charge attack from 2 squares away. So, if he wants to use the AP, he'll have to use his originally stated action to attack Zombie 3 in order to reach both foes with the AP. Note: he could charge to square L7 (moving M8 to L7 so that he does not provoke and so that he is not next to the Sphere) and stand over Narvala's prone body. Let me know if you want to do this [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION].

Foes cannot be pushed "upwards" (RC, page 213). They can be pushed straight across horizontally or even down, so pushing Z3 requires that the first square be either M4 or L4.

Remove ads