• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Narvala channels another blast of divine energy where she last saw the leader and the two remaining zombies, then tries to move out of the darkness, feeling her way along the crates until she exits the darkness.

A secondary explosion occurs in the direction of the Zombies.

Hey no fair! Christina says seeing the zone of darkness. I'll have to blast you with my nature magic and stuff! True to her word, Christina raises her staff calling upon primal her powers (and stuff), an explosion of water appears inside the darkness, blasting the leader and binding him in place.

"Lady priest, I know this will sound repetitive, but I'm still stuck to this place. Could you return me so I get to hit that human?"

Not a fan of other people manipulating the battle field, Nyar tries to break through the Necromancer's darkness.

Seeing the humans slip around the cloud, he sends the cloud rolling over to cover one of them.

Nyar is unsuccessful. The darkness remains.

Baern spins twin blades but can't tell if they strike...

Again, Baern hits twice against his foe and again the foe should be dead. But somehow, he's still standing. He punches Baern in the head again, but this time it really hurts.

Cairn thinks for a moment in total darkness and then has a bright idea to illuminate everything. It would burn, but he's winters herald and has nothing to fear. His stone form will be singed, but it's a small price to pay for dealing with this abominations and their master.

He takes a moment to dig out a flask out of his belt and swings it into the zombie next to him smashing it against the crate. There is a great whoosh, nothing is illuminated, but grunts of the zombies and a shriek from the necromancer are reward enough.

The first human moves over the crates until he is standing above Nyar. He tries to fire a sling bullet again, but his wounds are too much and he falls dead on top of the crate. The vial that was in his hand falls onto the crate.

The second human moves up the crates and readies to fire at the next available target. The last human moves out of the stinking cloud and also readies to fire.

The heavily damaged zombie wildly swings at Cairn and then dies. The other zombie slams Cairn in the chest and again freezes him in place.

'This is intolerable." the Leader shouts in frustration as he gets slammed from all sides. He fires another necrotic bolt at Nyar, this time dropping the wizard. The darkness vanishes.

The two humans take advantage of the vanishing darkness by firing sling bolts. One hits Cairn in the head, but the other misses Narvala with all of the crates in his way.

The Stinking Cloud vanishes.

[sblock=OOC]
Note: If you cannot see the maps well, you can look at an earlier map to see where the crates are and what color they are.

Note: PCs except for Baern are still down below the catwalk. If your PC is shown as on top of the catwalk on the map, s/he is really below the catwalk until you get up there.

Narvala hits Zombie 2 and Zombie 4 for 16 radiant damage. Narvala hits the Leader for 11 radiant damage.

Zombie 2 explodes and hits Cairn for 10+5-5= 10 cold damage and hits Zombie 4 for 10-10= 0 cold damage. Both Cairn and Zombie 4 are slowed.

12 vs. Fort hits Cairn, 15 vs. Fort hits Zombie 4.

Christina hits Leader for 19. Christina's attack goes over the head of the Zombie.

Baern hits Human 1 for 6 and for 6.

Human 1 hits Baern for 7, Immediate Reaction.

19-5=14 hits for 7.

Note: I decided to move on since johnmeier1 has not replied.

Cairn regens 5, takes 10-5=5 cold damage, and gains 5. Cairn hits Leader for 6, Zombies 2 and 4 for 11, and himself for 3 fire damage which takes away 3 of his temp hits points.

Human 1 moves to K8, misses Nyar, and then dies.

Humans 2 and 4 move and ready actions. Human 4 was bloodied by the stinking cloud, but shakes off some of the damage he took.

Zombie 2 misses Cairn and dies.

Zombie 4 hits Cairn (note: -5 for total concealment, +2 combat advantage, -2 Narvala) for 10-5= 5 cold damage which takes away 2 of Cairn's temp hit points and does 3 damage to him.

Leader hits Nyar for 9 necrotic damage.

Note: did not use Shield spell as it wouldn't have helped.

Human 2 hits Cairn for 7 damage.

Human 4 misses Narvala.

-6/41 Nyar, bloodied, dying, prone
13/84 Cairn, bloodied, resist cold 5 and 2 squares around Cairn are difficult terrain for the enemies, immobilized UENT Z4, regeneration 5 while bloodied, slowed (save ends)
29/45 Christina
11/22 Pooh, bloodied
12/12 Rabberta
44, Human 1, (on green crates up 3), dead
Human 2, (on yellow crates up 1)
16 Human 4
82 Zombie 2, dead
54 Zombie 4 (aura 1), bloodied, marked UENT Cairn, -2 to attack rolls UENT Narvala
101 Leader, (on green crates up 3, under the catwalk), bloodied, -2 to attack rolls UENT Narvala
36/50 Narvala
27/62 Baern, bloodied

Special note: if a PC enters a Zombie Aura, s/he will take 5 damage as if starting in the aura.

Nyar needs to make a death saving throw at the beginning of the round.

It's the PC's turn.

Ceiling: The ceiling is 35 feet overhead.

Catwalks: These metallic walkways, standing 20 feet above the floor, aid in the movement and placement of crates. A sequence of chains and pulleys runs across the underside of the catwalks. This enables a character to climb, hand-over-hand, along the underside of these catwalks with a DC 20 Acrobatics or Athletics check, at normal climbing speed. Except where the ladders stand, the catwalk has a railing all the way around. Anyone wishing to deliberately climb or leap over the railing must spend an extra square of movement to do so, and any push, pull, or slide effect that would drag a creature over that railing must also spend an extra square to do so.

Crates: Each individual crate is roughly 5 feet (1 square) high, but they are often stacked two or three crates (that is, 10 or 15 feet, or 2 or 3 squares) in height, as marked on the map. Stepping up on a single crate requires an extra square of movement, while moving down a single crate does not cost any additional movement. Climbing two or three crates requires a DC 18 Athletics check. So, climbing from a height of zero to one crate to two crates to three crates is two squares for the first, two for the second and two for the third without a check. But climbing straight up two crates is an Athletics check.

Ladders: The ladders are all 20 feet (4 squares) in height, but count as 8 squares of movement. A DC 12 Acrobatics or Athletics check allows a character to climb them at the normal 4 squares of movement if the player declares as part of the comment on Invisible Castle that s/he is doing a fast climb.

Stairs: The stairs to the south count as difficult terrain.

The yellow crates are one square high.
The red crates are two squares high.
The green crates are three squares high.

Entire room except columns 27, 28, and 29 are fully lit up.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter 5l.jpg
    Encounter 5l.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 65

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Baern moves down from the catwalk.

OOC: Move to L7, down crates from catwalk. Human did his IR already.

OOC: Too late (you had almost 10 days with which to respond, so yeah, once I start rolling, too late, I'm not going to retcon the map or any actions) and on Baern's turn, the human wound have gotten an OA.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Happy New Year everyone!

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], Cairn is SLOWED not IMMOBILIZED or it is an error in status?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Happy New Year everyone!

[MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], Cairn is SLOWED not IMMOBILIZED or it is an error in status?

OOC: Cairn is slowed and immobilized. The cold explosion slowed him. The hit by Zombie 4 immobilized him. "The other zombie slams Cairn in the chest and again freezes him in place"

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!

FourMonos

First Post
The wizard lays crumpled on the battlefield, smile still in place.

[sblock=ministats]
Nyar Harbor, Level 6 Wizard
Init: +6 Speed: 6 Perception:14 Insight: 19
AC: 18 NAD: F: 14 R:19 W:17 (+2 vs. Illusion Attacks/Perception)
HP: -6/41 Surges: 1/6 Surge Value: 10 AP: 0
Languages: Common, Primordial
Str:8 Dex:16 Wis:12 Con:11 Int:20 Cha:10

Powers:
At-Will: Ghost Sound, Light, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Phantasmal Assault, Storm Pillar, Scorching Burst
Encounter: Empowering Lightning, Fire Shroud, Second Wind, Wand of Accuracy, Shield, Dispel Magic
Daily: Bracers of Escape, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Sphere
Item: Potion of Healing x1
Full Character Sheet: Nyar Harbor [/sblock]

OOC: Happy New Years everyone!

Last edited:

Neurotic

OOC: Yeah, I thought so, I was just asking because it's not listed in his status.

Cairn takes a moment to recover, he concentrates and the floor pulls up flowing over his form, repairing some damage and creating additional layer of armor over him. It also frees him from the zombie explosion caused sluggishness. He will make sure next zombie attack misses so he can go after the leader.

[sblock=Actions]
Free: Regenerate 5
Free: Saving throw vs slow success - next ally who makes a saving throw gets +4 bonus
Free: Mark Z4

Standard: Second wind: recover 22hp and gain +2 all defenses and additional +4 to AC
[/sblock]

EVERYONE REMINDER: you can attack reflex instead of AC if you miss AC and you're within 10 of Cairn
[sblock=Guided Strike (Immediate Interrupt; encounter)]
Close burst 10
Trigger: An ally withing 10 squares misses with an attack against AC.
Target: The triggering ally in the burst.
Effect: Target's attack is made against Reflex instead of AC
[/sblock]

KarinsDad use if applicable:
[sblock=Guardian's Counter (Immediate Interrupt; encounter)]
Close burst 2
Trigger: An ally withing 2 squares of Cairn is attacked and Cairn is not the target of the attack
Effect: Cairn and the target shift up to 2 squares swapping positions. Cairn becomes the target. After the attack is resolved, Cairn can make MBA against the attacker.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Cairn Stats]
STATUS: +1+6 AC; +2 all other defenses, 2 squares around are diff terrain for enemies, regeneration 5 while bloodied; +4 cold damage on weapon attacks while bloodied
MARKED: Z4

Initiative +5; Senses Passive Insight 15, Passive Perception 19
HP 40/84, Bloodied 42, Surge Value 21, Surges 9/13
AC 22+1+2+4 (29); Fortitude 20+2, Reflex 19+2, Will 19+2

MBA: +11 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage (+1 to hit if ally is adjacent to the enemy)

AP 0/1
Saving Throws:
+2 vs ongoing damage, take 10 or roll on death saves;
+2 item bonus vs. poison, weakened, slowed, immobilized, charm, fear and psychic effects
Resist 5 psychic

An ally that makes saving throw after Cairn succeeds on his gains +4 to the roll

Speed 6

Warden's Fury
Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Thorn Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Thunder Ram Assault
Form of Winter Herald Attack
Earthgrasp Strike
Guiding Strike
Guardian's Counter
Guardian's Defense
Mountain Stature

Form of Winter's Herald
Wellspring Strike

Boots of the fencing master: minor encounter: shift 2 squares

[/sblock]

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: Yeah, I thought so, I was just asking because it's not listed in his status.

OOC: You sure? I think you've had one of my blonde moments. I have them all of the time. ;)

bloodied, resist cold 5 and 2 squares around Cairn are difficult terrain for the enemies, immobilized UENT Z4, regeneration 5 while bloodied, slowed (save ends)

Neurotic

You know, if someone asked I would swear it wasn't there when I read it, but obviously (since the post wasn't edited) I am simply blind. Sorry.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
You know, if someone asked I would swear it wasn't there when I read it, but obviously (since the post wasn't edited) I am simply blind. Sorry.

OOC: Remember a few weeks back when I though a 5x6 area was a 5x5 area. Happens to me all of the time anymore. cheers

Remove ads