• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Nyar finds a key on the body. He also finds a vial next to one of the dead humans on the catwalk. The most interesting thing about the necromancer is his staff and his leather armor. Up close, Nyar can discern the magic emanating from them.

Cairn finds a large window at the front of the room. Next to the window is a large lever going into the floor. Next to the large lever is a massively large iron bound trunk, the iron bands of which extend out over the wooden floor and are bolted to it. Interestingly enough, the trunk has two keyholes instead of one.

There is a desk and a comfortable chair in the rest of the room. Cairn finds about 50 GP on the desk, just scattered casually around as if the coins were thrown on the desk haphazardly. He also finds some flasks of water and wine, plus quite a few crumbs which indicate that the necromancer and possibly the other men in the warehouse, ate food here. But, he finds no food. There's a trash bin next to the desk, but except for some random trash and copies of the Sharn Inquisitive, there is nothing here which would seem to supply a clue.

Baern searches below the offices. He finds a not too heavily concealed door which leads to the space below. Inside that area, he finds a wide variety of old tools and pieces of wood. Some of the wood are portions of crates and Baern can figure out that the trapped crate that Narvala fell into was created using these tools and materials. Seeing the vast amount of crate remains under here though, Baern is convinced that this had to be for a lot more than a single crate trap. Chances there are more such traps lurking in this warehouse.

FourMonos

First Post
Nyar brings the key and equipment to the office while the others search. After checking the chest with the key (hopefully opens both locks, but not likely), he goes back and searches the other bodies.

OOC: How do you identify magic items in game? I'm hoping the magic staff is useful to Nyar :)

drothgery

First Post
Nyar first searces the necromancer's body for information about the necromancer or the drug operation.

He also looks for any magical items that could be helpful to them.

If no one offers to check the control room (south west corner) Nyar will head there next to look for clues... or treasure.
Not having any good guesses about where criminals would hide things that would give a clue to their operations, Narvala will stay with Nyar.
[sblock=actions]take 10 to aid another on search attempts[/sblock]
OOC: Yeah, Narvala is out of surges and her only daily left is her level 1 power. It's definitely time for an extended rest barring a ticking time bomb scenario.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Everyone, come up. See if you can understand this mechanism."

OOC: Will wait to see if the key opens the chest.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
The key unlocks (and locks) one of the locks, but doesn't even fit into the other lock.

Searching the other bodies, Nyar doesn't find much of anything. One more human had a vial on him and Nyar finds a few gold pieces, some daggers, some slings, sling bullets, and leather armor, but that's about it.

FourMonos

First Post
"Cairn, are you able to force the other lock?"

He hefts the leather armor up, "Not sure if ths would be ideal for Baern or Christina, but we should take it with us."

"Hey Baern, let's chop some boxes open and find out what they are keeping here."

Looking at the lever, Nyar comments, "I think that lever dropped the porticullis and likely raises them as well."

Luinnar

First Post
Christina looks inside some of the boxes to see what is inside. Perhaps it is food, or some adventurerer stuff, or something else interesting. Meanwhile Pooh goes over and gnaws on the leader's head, while Rabberta looks on disapprovingly.

OOC: Searching boxes M21-P26, passive perception = 21

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Cairn freezes for a moment as the mage suggests forcing the lock.

A puff of gray mist comes out of his joints as he relaxes and he bends over the lock fiddling something before getting back up again and throwing his hands up in strangely human gesture.

"I cannot work with these hands!" he proclaims in almost human voice.

He rumbles something illegible and nods to Nyar as if nothing happened. He steps closer and takes the lock in his hands and pulls with all his might.

OOC: Thievery 10+4=14 (I lost the roll on the IC due to browser crash, but it equals my passive and I don't want to wait for it's slow search to find it).

Athletics (1d20+11=19)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Cairn realizes that given enough time, he could eventually bust open the trunk. Using some type of blunt weapon, he could do it even faster. But, this appears to be a specially designed trunk where trying to break the lock will merely break the lock, but not unlock the trunk. He thinks that the group will either need the other key, or they will need to pound at the trunk long enough to eventually break in. He does notice that the key that the group has is a lot more convoluted looking than any key he has seen in the past with several small bits of metal sticking out of it. Somebody wants their possessions to be safe.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Christina looks through some boxes. The vast majority of them are empty. A few have some minor household type items, apparently thrown into the crates as an afterthought. At least the part of the warehouse that she is looking at is totally non functional if the crates don't have anything in them. Who would go to such lengths? There has got to be hundreds if not thousands of gold pieces of wood alone in this massive room.

As she is looking around, she hears some feint pounding from the northeast corner of the room.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads