• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Baern finds two more of those traps, but oddly enough, one is in a low to the ground set of crates and the other in one of the ten feet deep crates. More of a mere hindrance than a significant trap in the first case.

Cairn doesn't notice anything special about the portcullis.

[sblock=Christina]
I missed that Christina found one of the traps in one of the 5 foot tall set of crates. The lid just easily collapsed when she examined it.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Cairn, any chance you can lift the portcullis? We could use the crates or pieces of the crates to help hold it open. Baern? Think you could help?"

OOC: How about an athletics check with an assist from the other characters? If the skill helping is necessary, then I would suggest someone like Baern do the assist roll.

Luinnar

First Post
Um, it looks like they may have been expecting us. I thought humans usually prepared games and food and cake for visitors, not tried to kill them! Christina says to the room. She was getting hungry and really wanted some cake.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: For some reason since I assumed that only Christina moved to the northeast and everyone else was still in the southwest at the office, I was assuming that everyone else was messing with the portcullis that the players came past to get into the room. But, I suddenly realized that people were talking about Christina's portcullis. So much for clarity. In any case, the result is the same.

The group pushes through the door and finds a short corridor. At the end of the corridor is a heavy wooden door with a small book sized piece of metal that slides at eye level on this side of the door. Presumably, the metal is used to view into the next area. The door is also barred on this side.

Remove ads