[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: How many bands hold the chest down? I thought it was two, each held by a lock, which we unlocked one, could that allow us to slide the trunk out of the other band?

The trunk is attached to the floor with 10 bands. 3 in the front and the back, 2 on each side. The bands themselves do not go over the lid, they are just part of the trunk. They are bolted to the floor and go up the sides of the trunk. So the front of the trunk looks like:

Code:
    /   /   /

where L are the locations of the locks. Above those are the lid. The lid has its own iron bands, but they are not attached to the bands the front, sides, or back.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], are there hammers and chisels among the tools left over in the lower chamber? Also, is the vial found maybe essential acid or some other lock-opening concoction? If there is, Cairn would take the chisel under the lock and burst the thing open, unless there is still area we didn't search...

Cairn pulls the lever on the wall...then stops for a moment.

"Could we try pulling with both locks locked?"

Last edited:

KarinsDad

Adventurer
There are a few minor tools lying around including a hammer, but no chisel.

As Cairn pulls the lever, the portcullis to the northeast drops to the ground again.

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: I'd like to use Knock as well, but
a. I don't want to leave the chest here,
b. don't want to split the party.
c. definitely don't want to have another encounter before we take an extended rest.

Nyar looks the chest over.

"Cairn, do you think you can bash the wood around the chest, so we can take the chest with us? I mean, its just wood right?" The mage looks back over the warehouse. "I think we're missing it. A secret door or a hidden basement. This place has to have more storage than this. Maybe one of the crates are covering a staircase?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"I could. But I would like to look for hidden entrances and traps. From here, there seem to be several areas near the walls, in corners or even in the middle of the structure.

Could we search those first. That man had to go somewhere.

Nyar, could you put your lightning sentry on the entrance so we don't loose him if we didn't already."

OOC:
I propose we search first areas as they seem big and 'deep' enough to contain hidden room, human or entrance to somewhere else.

E4 - E12

I-K 28-30
M-P 28-30
V-X 8-10

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Well I don't know about you, but I'm going to look more inside those boxes. Christina says walking off.

OOC: Christina will help with the search, starting with E4 - E12.

Remove ads