• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Did we find anything on those birdmen? Can anyone adjust this key to open the other lock?"

OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], how difficult would it be to break open the chest, not the lock? I was imagining Cairn pulling those "large iron bound trunk, the iron bands of which extend out over the wooden floor and are bolted to it" - this does not say the trunk itself is iron...and wood is much easier to break...

drothgery

First Post
"I don't think so. But I know there's a fairly simple ritual for opening locks; I don't have a copy of it with me, but Nyar or I could do it." Narvala says.
OOC: It looks like the best Theivery check in the party is Nyar's +6, so not very good. The Knock ritual would let someone sub Arcana for Thievery, though, and it's a 4th level ritual, so acquiring it wouldn't be too pricy for us.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION], how difficult would it be to break open the chest, not the lock? I was imagining Cairn pulling those "large iron bound trunk, the iron bands of which extend out over the wooden floor and are bolted to it" - this does not say the trunk itself is iron...and wood is much easier to break...

OOC: Like I said, the trunk is well designed. One of the best that the team has ever seen. It is possible to break or punch holes through the wood, but it's (presumably thick) wood bounded by multiple iron straps. It's going to take some effort and some time and most likely be noisy. The PCs can obviously do this if they desire. But, it won't be fast.

Luinnar

First Post
Somebody sure liked these box things. Hey it must be somebody's box collection! Christina calls out to the party.

Not giving it a second thought, Christina goes over to the northeast where she hears some pounding. Hello is anybody there? It that you Owlotta!?

OOC: [MENTION=2011]KarinsDad[/MENTION] When it is convenient I would like to give Christina the Fey Beast Tamer theme (young Owlbear). It works almost exactly like the Sentinel Druid's animal companion. :)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
As Christina gets near the portcullis to the northeast, she hears the pounding beyond it. A little louder here, but still not right at the door that the portcullis now blocks. The pounding appears to be beyond the door somewhat. Christina gets no response from her shout, but a short time later, the pounding stops.

Luinnar

First Post
Hello? Hello? Christina shouts. Must be they got the wrong building, she says, then wanders the area Cairn is at pushing any buttons and pulling any leavers she sees, just for fun.

Tired of chewing on the leader, Pooh stalks over and paws at the portcullis, thinking food may be behind it.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Christina pulls the lever. Nothing appears to happen. She doesn't see any buttons or other gizmos.

Nyar walks towards the portcullis, but it is still down.

Remove ads