[AU] Vale of Shadows [Full]

Inez Hull

First Post
Sounds like an intereting game. Put me down for a place if there's one available. I'll prolly be looking at playing an Akashic.

dead_radish

Explorer
The Wolf is a standard one from the AU book.

The Lion hasn't actually been fully fleshed out. Lemme get w/my GM, and we'll hash something out for you in a bit.

dead_radish

Explorer
Nope - just flavourful. You can be a Totem warrior of the Black Wolf, or the Winter Wolf - you'll get a different totem animal, and you might have a friendly rivalry with another Wolf warrior, but you are fundementally the same, and all companion animals will have equivalent stats.

dead_radish

Explorer
Here ya go:

Lion Totem
The lion totem warrior is bold and proud, a leader among other warriors. As he progresses through levels, he looks more and more leonine - his teeth elongate, his body becomes covered with a light layer of fur, and he develops a sort of mane.

Hit Dice: d10
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: The lion totem warrior is proficient with all simple and martial weapons and Heavy, Medium and Light armor, and Shields.
Addtional Class Skills: Intimidate (Cha)
Special: All lion totem warriors gain a +1 bonus to will saves against enchantments.
Animal Companion: Lion. At 8 HD, the wolf becomes size large.

Totem Powers:
1st level: Wily Hunter: The lion totem warrior gains the Track feat for free, and gains a +2 compentency bonus on Wilderness Survival checks using Track.
4th level: Lion's Roar (Su): The lion totem warrior can, as a standard action, let out a frightening roar. All opponents within 30 feet must make a will save (DC 10+Cha mod) or be shaken for 1d4 rounds, suffering -1 to all attacks and saves. Opponents with less hit dice than the warrior must make a second will save or be forced to flee, as per Compelling Command. The lion totem warrior can use this power a number of times a day equal to his charisma modifier.
8th level: Shape of the Lion (Su): The lion totem warrior can take on the form and stats of a lion totem animal companion apprpriate to her level: in other words, a lion's stats with +1 HD for every level she has above 7th level. She can take this form once per day, for up to 10 mins per class level.
12th Level: Pride Leader (Ex): If the lion totem warrior and an ally both threaten an enemy, that enemy is considered flanked.
16th Level: Aura of Command (Su): All allies within 10' of the lion totem warrior gain a +1 morale bonus to attacks and saves. All enemies within 10' suffer a -1 morale penalty to attacks and saves. The lion totem warrior is also immune to all fear effects.
20th Level: TBD.

Last edited:

nameless

First Post
I'm sure that I'm going to play a Quickling Faen Wind Witch now (who will become a Spryte at level 3). I only have access to the 3 pdfs at the moment, and I don't see any Weapon Finesse type feat. Is there any way I can use my Dex bonus instead of Str bonus in melee attacks?

dead_radish

Explorer
There is indeed - Weapon Finesse is general, requires bab +1 or better, and lets you use dex mod for attack rolls with any light weapon or agile exotic you can use in one hand, or a rapier or natural weapon. Sprytes can also apply it to tiny weapons, as an exception to the rule.
Shield armor check penalties apply to the attack rolls if you have one.

Hmmm, I'd like in on this. A Mohj mageblade is what I'm leaning towards. perhaps some unfettered levels to start with so that he might live. Likely a vale native but from an isolated enclave of Mohj who have sequestered themselves on the Western borders.

Remove ads