[AU]Vale of Shadows [IC]

Mirth

Explorer
dead_radish said:
There is a gasp from the crowd as the Verrik gives out a final choked cry, and falls silent. It's clear that Xen has taken this beyond what usually occurs - passed out and bleeding seems to be accepted, but a cold finishing blow was not expected. The faen snarls when the Verrik dies, and turns his attention towards Xen. The Sprytes also come ever closer....

Next round?

Xen stares back at the faen placidly, while pointing his middle finger at a large rock on the ground. Flicking his middle finger up in a rude gesture, the champion sends the rock hurtling towards the haughty faen. Lesser telekinesis

There is a sense among those near Haradoth that the gurgling almost has an odd syntax to it. The splurts and gasps seem to congeal into a whispered rhythm:

"The Gross Anatomy of a Mojh is not unlike that of many another creature. It is vital to beware the exciting of the prostate, which is known to cause gastric ignition in some cases. However, the removal of limbs is not as easy as folklore would lead us to believe. In fact the detachment of limbs is no easier on a Mojh than a human or Litorian, and far more difficult than your average Sprite...."

The words fade here for a moment, losing their coherence, and then seem to repeat themselves.

"The Gross Anatomy...."

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Just ignore the Mojh. It's a running joke in our groups that mojh are like geckos - they can drop limbs off if threatened, and also that the best way to get a mojh to breathe fire is to squeeze its prostate. Don't ask. ;)

Just waiting on the early folks, and we'll have another round.

Note that the sprytes are arriving fairly rapidly, and will likely be here at the end of the next round.

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: I'm going to assume that Ar-Pharos just continues with the pummeling, since nothing else was indicated.

As Rupert scambles loose from the Tattooed Man, Ar-Pharos continues his assault on the Faen. The Faen's windblade swings at Ar-Pharos, but the faen is clearly distraught by the death of his companion - the swing goes horribly wide, and Ar-Pharos steps in, pounding the faen hard in the face (OOC: 1 on the attack, failed reflex save - horrible set of rolls, even Ar-Pharos's, but enough to hit). Rowlth moves over to the Mojh, avoiding an attack as he does so, and checks - there is a prodigious amount of blood flowing, and he's unfamiliar with Mojh anatomy - nothing seems to be a vital spot to hold. However, Kyralis comes over immediately after, and the two of them manage to step the flow of lifeblood.

The faen is clearly stunned, as well as shocked by Xen's actions. He lets out a strangled cry, and charges the Sibeccai, his teeth bared. His attack misses wildly, clanging off the Champion's Shield. The Tattooed Man comes sputtering out of the darkness, anger in his eyes. Sadly, he has come out on the far side of the darkness, and is nowhere near the group. (Irony gave me _horrible_ rolls). He curses, and looks up to see the sprytes descending. A nearby spectator shouts at him, and gives him a shove back towards the group.

At this point, the sprytes have, in fact, arrived. One of them calls out in an extremely loud voice (likely magically enhanced) "You will stop your activities, you will return to your encampments. You have 30 seconds to comply." The general riot that the courtyard become does thin out slightly at their statement, but most people seem to be intent on their current brawls.

The Tattooed man curses, and shakes his head, but he does in fact turn and start pushing his way through the crowd. The faen pays them no attention, and continues to focus on Xen.

Actions?

garyh

First Post
dead_radish said:
OOC: I'm going to assume that Ar-Pharos just continues with the pummeling, since nothing else was indicated.

Actions?

OOC: Sorry 'bout that... sometimes I forget to post if I'm not changing tactics. Pummeling was in fact what I intended.

Ar-Pharos called to the sprytes, "And if we don't comply?"

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: NP. I was under the impression we were waiting on Rupert too, but I was wrong. ;)

The sprytes seem to ignore Ar-Pharos' question. However, there is a trio of sprytes behind the speaker, and a quick examination reveals that each one of them is holding a spryte-sized staff, and seems to be fishing around in a belt pouch.

The faen is still attacking Xen at this point, the Verrik has gurgled his last, the Tattooed man is pushing through the crowd. The Mojh now seems stabilized.

Actions? If you do wish to continue fighting, you'll have 4 rounds of combat left.

GPEKO

First Post
Rupert

Sounds like I fooled him. Hearing the sprytes warning, Rupert exits the darkness and looks around. His new-found allies are still fighting ! I guess it would look good if I help them.

He traces patterns on his hand and chants some minor words of power. This minor spell will augment the power of his next strike. (OOC Casting Bash, spells slots left 2/0)

Inez Hull

First Post
The last thing we need is to bring undue attention on ourselves from the guards

"Stand down my friends, stand together but cease your fighting. We have survived this attack and that is enough,"

Mirth

Explorer
Fighting defensively, Xen whispers to the Faen through gritted teeth as they struggle, "Listen to your kinfolk, bug, before you get squashed."

OOC: Sorry all about the lack of posts. I've had a b!tch of a time logging onto the boards this week. Seems like every time I've had time to post, they've been down. Hopefully that situation has resolved itself.

Remove ads