[AU] Rumbling Mountain - IC

Fanog

First Post
This is the in-character thread for the Rumbling Mountains game, using the rules from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and set in the accompanying campaign world of the Diamond Throne. Please do not post unless you are currently in this game.

Current Cast:
Kabashi, Litorian Warmain (dead_radish)
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond (Erekose13)
Tanuar Grayweb, Quickling Faen Akashic (DrSpunj)
Arkanos BlueCrest, Mojh Magister (Argent)
Tar-Namaris, Giant Bear Totem Warrior (GPEKO)
Miganon the Snowloved, Sibeccai Winter Witch (OurManMute)

Other threads for this game:
- Discussion/OOC thread
- Character Gallery

Fanog

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
"When mountains rumble, you fight or flee." - Litorian saying​

Erday, the 12th of Skyhome (the Eighthmonth)

Old Bluecrest leans heavily on his staff as he seats himself on a rock. In the distance below them, the village that must be Eldeth is finally visible. Even though it is not late in the afternoon, the village is already in early twilight, sheltered from the sun by the tall mountains to the west. "Please allow me some rest, Arkanos. It seems that the path we chose was not the easiest on my bones." Hearing this, Arkanos thinks back to the times when only magic allowed his mentor to proceed, either allowing him to fly for a while or helping him climb the sometimes treacherous slopes.

From his rock, the old Mojh leans forward a bit, allowing him a clear site of the village and its surroundings. "I had thought it would be bigger. The wells are really there, though. It will be good to be away from the mountain cold. It will..." Following his mentor's gaze, Arkanos takes a look at the village below them, built in a vale right on the border between the foothills on the right and the mountains of the left. Its sheltered position protects it from the cold winds and a stream of warm water provides warmth to the lands. The village itself is built on the banks of the small stream, and Arkanos can see several other pools of water in the valley, even thinking he sees some steam coming from them. Surrounding the village proper, which probably houses no more than several hundred people, are various farms and some modest patches of evergreens.

(Arkanos)

After a few hours of pleasant walking, which quickly make him forget the cold of the last weeks, Tanuar enters the village which held such meaning for him. Even though he does not know exactly what he is looking for, something tells him that things are afoot here. A buzz in the air that tells of opportunity.

It has been a while ago that Tanuar left the previous mountain village, and it is almost odd for him to see so many people again. The village looks especially crowded for its size. Many people, most of them human, are walking about carrying ladders, wooden tables and benches, torch standards and thick bolts of cloth in various bright colors. Many of the houses are being decorated as well, with branches of golden sunleaf hanging over most doors. Some of the people working spot Tanuar and look pleasantly surprised. A sturdy woman with dark blond hair, bound in a tail, waves at him. "Welcome, traveller, to our village. And a special day you have picked to arrive. What brings you here?"

(Tanuar)

Kabashi stumbles upon a crossroads in the mountain path that he had been folowing, and spins around. According to the shephard he had asked at the last village, he should have reached a new village a few days ago, but he still hasn't seen any sign of it. He's not lost though, the Litorian thinks to himself. That's the nice thing about not realy having a set goal, you can never be lost.

A strong breeze blows through the mountain and Tar-Namaris pulls his cloak a little closer around him. Never has he been more happy with it than during his recent journey through the mountains. According to his direction and the simple map he had made from them, it would be only a few hours more before he would reach the valley of Eldeth. Rounding a corner on the mountain path he had been following, the giant sees a Litorian. The man, carrying a large weapon common for his race, looking at the various paths with a questonig look upon his face.

(Kabashi, Tar-Namaris)

Last edited:

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Arkanos

Arkanos stopped from It's revery realising that his mentor and friend has stopped speaking in the middle of a sentance.
The young Mojh was worried. It's mentor was all it had in the world. The sunlight sparkled on Old Bluecrest's scales. The Dark blue and white patterns enhanced by the light making the elder Mojh look all the more otherworldly. Arkanos was a lighter version of It's mentor with dark blue on the crest but It's scales were lighter blue and silver blending to white on his belly. "Elder? Are you well? Would you like to wait here while I get help from the village?"

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi hears someone coming up the path behind him and turns around, grinning broadly. "Hi fellow! It is the village for you? It is a longer walk than the day!"

Kabashi considers the figure, noticing that the man stands as tall as Kabashi, and is dressed in similar fashion. "You are from home? But Kabashi has not seen you!" His grin widens, showing off the rows of sharpened teeth. "You need drink?" He rummages around in his pack quickly, and pulls out a ceramic mug.

GPEKO

First Post
At first confused by the Litorian poor use of the common speech, Tar-Namaris face quickly changes to a smile as he accepts the offer for a drink. "Thanks, but I'm surely not from your home. I never visited any Litorian tribes. Something I should do one day perhaps..." Tar-Namaris ponders about what he just said while looking at the surrounding mountains and adds : "As for a village, if you're talking about Eldeth, that's my destination. If you like, we can get there together ... it's only a few hours away."

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi smiles gratefully. "That would be help! Kabashi has been travelling long, finding no village." He looks down sheepishly. 'Kabashi sometimes get lost. But you will help him, and he will help you!"

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi smiles gratefully. "That would be help! Kabashi has been travelling long, finding no village." He looks down sheepishly. 'Kabashi sometimes get lost. But you will help him, and he will help you!"

DrSpunj

Explorer
Tanuar looks over to her, and with a hint of reluctance, smiles back at her. "Good day, lady, and thank you for the welcome. As to what brings me here, nothing but a passing thought, really." He tries searching The Memory for why today would be special before continuing the conversation, studying the decorations a bit more closely for clues.

GPEKO

First Post
It almost seems he is as stupid as he sounds. At least he's friendly. Tar-Namaris take a sniff at the contains of the ceramic mug, deems it acceptable and takes a deep draught before handing it back to the Litorian. "Help me ? No, that's fine. Your company will be enough. Now, we should get going if we want to get there before dark."

ooc : italic for thoughts

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi smiles at the giant, and extends his arm to him. "Kabashi is Kabashi, war-leader of Rarnanyx tribe. But Kabashi not lead war any more. Kabashi would be thankful for help finding the village."

Remove ads