[AU] Rumbling Mountain - IC

DrSpunj

Explorer
Tanuar smiles genuinely and replies, "Then I must take a moment to thank Vryshankla, the Goddess of Timely Arrivals." He closes his eyes for a few seconds. Thank you, goddess, for guiding my steps and setting me upon the correct path. Returning his attention to the pleasant woman, "It was not my intent to commence my stay in Eldeth on such a fortuitous occasion, but I believe it is a good omen for my search. What festivities are planned, Sirra?"

While trying to discover what he can from the nice woman, he mentally tries to discover a bit more about Leina through the Memory now that he has some more specific information to work with. Has this giantess passed on? Or is she still traveling around? Is this holiday widely celebrated? What types of celebration and ceremony are common and/or expected among those in attendance?

Before she's able to speak and hopefully answers his question, he catches himself, "Pardon me, Sirra, for I do not want to seem rude. My name is Tanuar, Tanuar Greyweb, and I have just arrived from Navael."

Erekose13

Explorer
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond

Khorat shakes the hand of his dinner companion, his grasp is light. Now that Miganon is a little closer he can see that the Verrik's skin is a light roes colour as opposed to the deep wine colour of many of his fellows. His pale silvery hair is very thin as it walls to his sholders. "Ah my friend, but the hare is part of the Green, as are you and I, the rocks and air around us too. Everything is part of the one glorious whole and that is my guide. Thank you very much for your offer to share in your feast, I shall indeed take you up on it. So what brings you to these rather forlorn hills?" Khorat sets his spear and pack on the ground beside him, his cloak and armor have seen better days as they look rather road worn. Removing his shield he sets that next to his pack, it bears a yellow lion on the field of grey. "Hmm. I shall grab us some firewood, hopefully there is a bit around here. The Green always provides what is needed."

OurManMute

First Post
Toran always told me that he had bonded with iron as I had with snow, and apparently this guy has a bond with the trees and other living things. Makes sense. Heh, he even talks a bit like Toran...

"Well, one thing's for sure, Khorat: that hare will be part of you and me very soon. As for my reasons for being here..." He falters. "Let's just say I am guided by snow and ice, the White if you like, much the same way you are guided by the Green."

"As for the firewood, I'll help you look for it. It may sound strange, but I prefer my meat warm instead of raw and frozen."

Erekose13

Explorer
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond

"The spirits of snow and ice are all part of the green, but I understand where you are coming from, such forces are powerful and present in this world and the wise do what they can to follow. I personally prefer a more vegetarian fare, however you were very kind to offer me part of your catch and I would certainly prefer it cooked."

OurManMute

First Post
Miganon glances at Khorat's spear and grins.

"Your catch as much as mine, I think. If nature provides you with a hare it's of no use turning it down, is there? Besides, I don't think there are too many turnips to be found here."

"Now let's get this fire going..."

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
"Arkanos, please join me for a moment", the old Mojh says, motioning to a place on the rock next to him. It can probably guess as to what Arkanos was thinking, knowing his student as well well as he does. "Arkanos, I have known you since you were young and have always been in your life since then. I have taught you runes and magic, writing and the arts of alchemy. But there are also other lessons to be learned - lessons of choice and destiny."

It think for a moment, staring blankly at the valley below them. "In these, I would only slow you down. These lessons, you will have to learn for yourself. It pains me as well to let you go, but I know that I must. Still, I would not leave you to fend for yourself. I have prepared something to guide you." From his backpack, it produces a small pouch, made from fine velvet, blue as night. Bluecrest opens the pouch and shows Arkanos what's inside. A reptilian scale, of a blue hue that could only come from its own body. "I have taken this from my own body and infused it with magic and a piece of my soul. Once, you may call upon my wisdom to answer a question. Think of me for one hour, call my name and ask a question. I will guide you in finding the answer."

Bluecrest ties the velvet pouch shut again and hands it to Arkanos, closing its clawed hands firmly around it.

(Arkanos)

"My pleasure, Sirran", the woman answers Tanuar's introduction. "I am Jiska Vekal. As for the festivities... This afternoon, the young men will have games to determine who will be allowed to sit next to this year's queen at the banquet. Just before sunset, the children will stage a play that details the arrival of Eo-Leina and the things she did to save our people. After that, there is a large feast at the well, celebrating our health and the good yeild of the crops for this year."

Tanuar digs in his memory for more details on the giantess greenbond. The single story he knows is a vague one, and she is probably not commonly celebrated. The story places her some tens of years ago, which means that she should probably still be alive.

(Tanuar)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Arkanos takes the scale and holds in in reverance. "I promise not to impinge upon you to often. Thank you so much Bluecrest. You have always been my guid and mentor. I'm glad you understand my need to seek my own destiny now." Let us get you to the village and into the baths. Even I will feel better after one of those." He says trying but not suceeding to hold back the tears. He will miss his mentor so much but this has to be done. Touching His staff to Old Bluecrest's shoulder Arkanos casts Transfer woundson the old Mojh so that he can continue on with the journey in relative comfort.

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Tar?

As they travel, Kabashi chats with the Giant. "Where is Tar-Namaris home? Far from here? Kabashi was from many days, but not a moon. Travel has been hard, and long."

He continues to practice as they travel as well, weaving his warclub in what are clearly martial forms, but ones that don't seem designed to be effective in a combat.

GPEKO

First Post
OOC : Where are the Bitter Peaks in relation to the Giant cities ? There was a map up at MonteCook.com but I can't seem to find it now ...
While leading the litorian, Tar-Namaris says without looking back : "I've been travelling for almost an entire year now, seeing the various sights of this land, but my home is not that far away. Surely you most have heard of the great cities of the Hu-Charad ?" As they turn a bend in the mountain trail, Tar-Namaris notices the unusual practice movements made by Kabashi. "By the ancestors, Kabashi, what is this combat style you're practicing ? I don't think I've seen anything like this ..." and I wasn't expecting anything of the sort from him ! He adds silently to himself.

Fanog

First Post
Bluecrest lets out a breath it had been holding. Arkanos can tell that the conversation must be hard for its mentor as well. It seems to be a bit embarassed, suddenly. After a small moment of silence, Bluecrest speaks, thoughtfully. "I hope that the presence of the scale may guide you as I have done, and that it will always serve to make clear your path. However, its magic will last only once. Use it wisely, as I know you shall..."

The Old Mojh takes a sip from its waterskin and visibly relaxes from the magic that Arkanos works on its body. The mentor smiles at the student and then leans on his staff to pull itself upright. "Come, let us continue. We are not there yet."

(Arkanos)

Last edited:

Remove ads