[AU] Rumbling Mountains - Discussion/OOC

Fanog

First Post
This is the (new) discussion thread for the Rumbling Mountains game, using the rules from Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed and set in the accompanying campaign world of the Diamond Throne.

Current Cast: (full)
Kabashi, Litorian Warmain (dead_radish)
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond (Erekose13)
Tanuar Grayweb, Quickling Faen Akashic (DrSpunj)
Arkanos BlueCrest, Mojh Magister (Argent)
Tar-Namaris, Giant Bear Totem Warrior (GPEKO)
Miganon the Snowloved, Sibeccai Winter Witch (OurManMute)

Other threads for this game:
- Character Gallery
- In Character thread

Enjoy. :)

Fanog

Last edited:

Fanog

First Post
Some background info for everyone (reposted from the original OOC thread). If any of you had info in the other OOC thread that you'd like to see reposted here, please ask and I'll do so. (dead_radish, I sent you your character background by email).

The adventure will start in a small village named Eldeth. It is located somewhere just east of the Bitter Peaks, near the Ghostwash. It's a rather small village that's a bit out of the route. At first sight, nothing really spectacular is going on. It's at a bit of an altitude and would be quite cold, except that a nearby hot spring make it quite pleasant to be. There are some things that might make the village attractive for travellers to sek out, one of them being a retired Oathsworn of some fame. Due to the presence of the hot springs (said to have lesser healing powers), many older folks go there to retire and spend the rest of their lives peacefully. I hope that all of you can find a good reason to be going there. Just throw out some thoughts, and I could probably fix them for you. Alternatively, you could hail from a village nearby. In that case, I'll make provisions for you to end up in in the right spot.

Fanog

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Arkanos is there helping Bluecrest get to the healing pools. Its mentor is old and week and needs the help. Once in the pools It should be self sufficient and Arkanos will be on Its own.

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Fanog - could you either email me (dead_radish@ev1.net) my bg info, or repost it for me to cut n' paste? I didn't write it down, sadly.

Thanks!

I'm putting my character up in RG right now.

Fanog

First Post
dead_radish, I had already sent it to you by mail, you should have received it before you wrote that message. In case something went wrong, I've attached a txt file to this post.

Fanog

Attachments

• Kabashi-BG.txt
    2.9 KB · Views: 152

Erekose13

Explorer
Fanog, I just added the armour check penalty to my char sheet, everything else should be updated from the notes you provided.

Everyone else, My character has the Blessed Mage feat, which makes my beneficial spells more powerful against people whos truenames know. I am curious if anyone would like to try and work together on a bit of background to have their truenames already known to me, or how we would like to roleplay that in the future.

GPEKO

First Post
Seems like my character has his work cut out for him especially since Arkaros is now a magister and that dead_radish's character is taking the mage blade route. Must be that great AU magic system ! As for the truenames, I think it would be better if we roleplay it. It's not something you would easily give away IMO.

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi knows that his sister told him that his truename was "Ver-y se-cret" and that he should "not tell any people, even ones that seem nice and buy him drink."

And I wouldn't worry about Kabashi - if you do the stating out of the mageblade, they are very effective fighters - they have equivalent or better to-hits as a pure warrior with the Athame enhancements. Every level that they don't get a +1 bab, they got a +1 with the athame the level before. It works out that they actually have a higher bab at 4th, 8th and 12th levels than a warmain.

I'm becoming a big fan of the mageblade as I consider it more and more.

And Akashics make pretty good fighters too.

But yeah, the magic system does rock. ;)

Fanog

First Post
Hi everone,

I finally got some steady access to ENWorld at the same time as access to my AU book. So, I went through all of the characters as thhey were posted in the RG. Here is the last round of comment, after that we should be good to go. I think we've good a pretty neat bunch, should work out all right.

Argent,
- You also receive bonus spells readied for high Intelligence. You can ready a total of 6/4.
- At level 1, you have mage armor readied. Did you mean magic armor?
- Feat: Craft Spell-Completion Item?

OurManMute,
- Could you include the racial skills bonusses in the skills section? I'm bound to forget the modifier to Sneak at one time. Also, you bought Climb as cross-class, right? Also, I think Wilderness Survival should be +6 (4 ranks, +2 Wis).
- Pst: Witches receive spells. ;)

dead_radish,
stat for the warmain all seems to check out. About your beastscale armor: did you mean 'great Wyrm', as in Freakin' Big Dragon (TM)? (I hope not... ;)) There are some deserts worms that crawl underneath the plains that the Litorians roam, okay if I make it one of those instead? They're pretty big and mean as well, but not as smart as dragons...

Expect the first IC post tomorrow (board speed permitting)... :)

Fanog

Remove ads