[AU] Rumbling Mountain - IC

GPEKO

First Post
"Interesting, Kabashi ... maybe there is more to you than I first thought." Tar-Namaris walks silently for a moment. It seems obvious the poor Litorian need some guidance. "Since some of my people have seen it important to help you, so shall I. Let me show you something." With that, he pulls his greatsword out of its scabbard. "I might not have "teeth" yet but I have this sword to act as my claw. I have no desire to use it but should we be in danger have no fear that I will stand beside you." Resheathing the sword the Giant adds : "Now, I think we're approaching Eldeth, what was your goal here ?"

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi nods. "Many people say that about Kabashi. Kabashi think it his fur that confuse."

He nods at Tar's proclamation. "Kabashi thanks Tar-Namaris. Tar-Namaris is a good tribesman. Kabashi is only wander now - village is where Kabashi will buy more food, rest."

Fanog

First Post
Arkanos and Bluecrest make their descent through the last of the mountains slowly. The rocky path gives way to a greener landscape and an occasional patch of bushes and trees. Almost as soon as they enter the valley, they can feel the comfort of the temperate weather. The old Bluecrest especially, has an easier time without the biting wind and cold.

Student and mentor walk side by side, silently comtemplating their situation. After a short hour of walking in the valley, they spot the first of the hot springs, hidden partially by some trees. The steaming pool, about 12 feet wide, is bordered by a natural rock formation. Sitting in the pool, submerged up to their shoulders in the murky water, are two non-Mojh. One of them, a male Steward with rimpled skin and hair as white as milk, is waited upon by an adult Sibeccai with notably reddish fur. The other is a venerable human woman, her grey hair bound up to keep it out of the water. She has her eyes closed and is seemingly asleep.

From a small wooden shack emerges a man, dressed in plain grey robes. He must be in his late fourties, his hair is already greying at the temples. In his hands he carries a platter, holding various clay jugs and bowls. As he notes the two Mojh, he makes a slow and long bow to Bluecrest. "Welcome, elder. It is an honor to greet you in our valley. You must having endured many hardships on the way here. Please be relieved in the thought that these are over now. You will be provided for here. Welcome..." The man, with a serene but stern face, straightens himself and give a low bow of his head to Arkanos. "Welcome, Sirran."

Almost out of a reflex, Bluecrest looks at Arkanos. It had been unsure how the people here would react to a Mojh, and surely had not expected this.

(Arkanos)

The pair of warriors, Litorian and Giant, makes its way to the valley while they get to know each other a bit. It seems almost natural that the giant would feel attracted to Kabashi, naive and intellect-challenged as the Litorian is. Soon after entering the valley, they too begin to feel the effects of its sheltered position amid the mountains and the presence of the hot springs. The fair temperature makes the rest of their walk quite pleasant. They soon find the road that must lead to the village itself and can see the first farms in the distance.

Their calm walk is distrubed though, by a group of young men. Four of them approach the walkihng pair at high speed. Three of them are chasing a fourth, who has a lead of about a giant's reach. The men chasing him, appearantly older, look quite set on catching him, each of them a deep scowl on his face. The younger man at the lead, a boy still, looks over his shoulder with a frightened look on his face but keeps up his run. So focussed on each other, the men don't seem to have noticed Kabashi and Tar-Namaris yet.

(Kabashi, Tar-Namaris)

"Yes, of course", the woman anwsers with enthousiasm in her voice. "You could stay in the Guesthouse, of course. It is..." She starts to point further up the street, but seems to rethink. "Wait, I would show you the way. Our village is not that big, but then I could introduce you. Come, it's this way." With a generous smile, the strudy woman urges him to follow her. She leads him through the village, which looks especially friendly due to all of the extra festival decorations. The houses they pass are modest in size, built mostly from stone and some timber.

Jiska is quite interested in Tanuar, and barely keeps the amount of her questions in check. "So, you are from Navael? What is it like there? Any special occasion for you to come to our village here? - It's not for the baths, is it?"

As they come closer to the centre of the village, they pass a small smithy, a small market for fresh vegetables, milk and eggs, some kind of general story and some other small shops. Their walk ends on an open square, bordered on the west side by a small stream, fed warm water by a large natural well. The square shows a lot of activity, with many men and woman setting tables and benches for tonight's banquet. Tanuar notices a couple of Faen among the people, and two Verrik.

Jiska catches Tanuar's attention and points to a large one-story building on the east side of the square. "That is the Guesthouse. It usually only houses the elder people who come here for the baths. It isn't too usual for others to find the way to our village." She waits for Tanuar to follow her to the Guesthouse, giving him a bit of time to soak in all of the new impressions.

(Tanuar)

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Caught momentarily by surprise by the warm welcome Arkanos blinks its eyes a few times and says, "Thank you for your gratious welcome. My elder and I wish to enjoy the waters if that is permitted. Bluecrest is in need of the warmth." Arkanos starts leading Bluecrest to the water but his mentor gives him a disaproving look.
"Oh. I am truely sorry. My thoughts were of this one's comfort and not civility. I am Arkanos Bluecrest and this is the elder Bluecrest. May I ask what you are called?"

Last edited:

dead_radish

Explorer
Kabashi calls out to the approaching group loudly. "You play Chase Deer? Deer does not have antlers. Kabashi will be tree!" He grins, and runs into the road, assuming the (semi) pose of a tree for the "deer" to hide behind.

Erekose13

Explorer
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond

"Ah but poetry should be sung about the beauty of nature. I have travelled from my homeland in the distant south. Our kingdom stands on a great desert beyond the central plains. Zalavat in all her majesty is a place of beauty as well. Its crystal towers stand over great red sands and tall cliffs in the baking hot sun. Having stuck to the low lands between the two great mountain ranges I have not yet seen the lands of snow that you speak of. It would be a great wonder to see indeed. Only once have I seen snow. It fell like down upon the plains last winter. In my homeland it does not snow at all."

GPEKO

First Post
Tar-Namaris frowns at Kabashi for taking this for a game. He will try to stop the younger man, as gently as possible. He will then place himself between the boy and his pursuers, adopt an intimidating pose and cry out loudly : "What is the problem here ?"

DrSpunj

Explorer
Eager about the prospect of a tour, Tanuar shares her enthusiasm and thanks her as they start to walk up the street. It's not long before he starts using many of the exercises he was taught to Store as much as possible about the town, its layout, businesses & people as well as the festival preparations into the Memory.

Because he is concentrating on this all-important task, he doesn't immediately catch the majority of her questions, only coming around to focus on her when she points out the Guesthouse. After replaying the list he tries answering her while continuing his cataloguing of everything around him (a bit of a trick but one he used even as a young child while taking inventory and exploring the Memory at the same time).

I've always lived in Navael, and other than being quite a bit larger, with more Faen, of course, I believe it's very much living anywhere. My trip here is really more of a mission, or perhaps a lesson. My mentor at the Akashic Guild asked me to follow-up on a partial memory in the Memory. I'm not sure what it is I'm looking for exactly, but hopefully something here will trigger another part of the Memory and lead me to what I seek.

He suddenly stops his survey and hesitates before saying anything else. He is surprised to find himself talking so openly and though he is very happy and comfortable doing so, he is unsure how she will react to him now that he has identified himself as an Akashic. Most of those outside of the Guild in Navael always treated him differently, especially his family & friends. He gives her a sidelong glance as she points out the Guesthouse, trying to gauge her reaction.

OurManMute

First Post
"No snow at all? Now that would be something to see. I must confess that you've made me curious now, perhaps I'll visit your homeland one day. It sounds like a fascinating place."

"But if you don't mind my asking, why have you come here, so far from your home? Have you come here for a purpose, or are you just following your nose?"

Erekose13

Explorer
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond

"I guess I am 'following my nose' as you put it. The Green has lead me here, it guides my steps and by letting yourself follow, it answers all questions and solves all problems. The Green suffuses all life and it manifests itself in all things. It's presence can be felt everywhere." Khorat replies.

*He continues talking well into the night as long as Miganon is willing to listen. Having had a good nights rest the previous night, Khorat will offer to keep watch all night provided that the topic comes up. *

Remove ads