[AU] Rumbling Mountain - IC

Fanog

First Post
"No, thank you. I will be fine", the old Mohj replies. "This is probably be the last journey I will make, and so far I have made it with just my own strength and magic. Even though I couldn't have done it without your company, this is a matter of pride."

Arkanos' mentor shifts its body on the rock so it faces the student. "It appears that finally seeing the village has made me somewhat philosophical. ...or nostalgic, at least. You know as well as I do, that your training is already completed. This journey has lengthened our being together, but ultimately you must choose your own path. I fear that I may never leave that valley again, once I reach it. You will have to travel your path out again alone, it seems."

(Arkanos)

The woman smiles at Tanuar and he notes that more people have stopped thier activities to at least wave at him or acknowledge him with a nod of their heads and a smile. The sturdy woman lays down the few sheafs of corn that she has in her hands, giving her some time to continue the conversation. "Well, anyone arriving on Eo-Leina's Blessing must be good folk. I hope that you'll enjoy our stay. Please consider yourself invited for any of tonight's festivities."

Tanuar, already opening himself up to the Memory, feels himself pulled to the mention of the name Leina. The color of the corn and the sunleaf over the door combine with the name and give him a brief vision of a young blonde giantess, dressed in a yellow robe adorned with flowers. He has heard her name before, a greenbond that journeyed the land and helped where she could.

(Tanuar)

Last edited:

GPEKO

First Post
dead_radish said:
Kabashi is Kabashi

ooc : :D

"Right ! Where are my manners ? I'm Tar-Namaris." says the Giant as he shakes Kabashi's hand. "So tell me, Kabashi, why don't you "lead war" anymore ? From what I know, you Litorians rarely abandon your tribes."

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Arkanos nodded at Old Bluecrest's statement. His heart was breaking but he did not want to shatter the old Mojh's confidance in him. "It has always been this way. Mentor and student always destined to part. When we have reached the village and I have seen you safe and confortible I will take my leave and find my own magic in this world." This cerimony of words was heavy on his heart. Arkanos wanted nothing more than to grab Bluecrest by the shoulders and shake him. Why must I loose everyone I love? My human parents. Bluecrest. Am I destined to be alone?

With that thought Arkanos shakes his head and says, "We will wait until you feel empowered unough to travel onward."

dead_radish

Explorer
GPEKO said:
"So tell me, Kabashi, why don't you "lead war" anymore ? From what I know, you Litorians rarely abandon your tribes."

Kabashi repeats the giant's name to himself several times. "Tar-Na-Mar-Is. Tar-Namar-Is. Tar-Namaris." He smiles, but then hears the giant's question and hangs his head. "Kabashi was asked to travel in world, find his own way. Chief tell Kabashi...." He screws up his face in concentration. "Kabashi valuable war member, Kabashi need travel, find things to fight, learn more war, Stop cause probl...." He trails off. "Stop making other war leaders feel bad."

He then smiles again. "But Kabashi is finding own way now, looking for 'venture! Tar-Namaris will show Kabashi the way to Village."

Fanog

First Post
Khorat moves with stealth, climbing silently over the rocky terrain. A half moon, still low in the clear sky, lights the way before him, and shows him the tracks he has been following. Game isn't abundant at these altitudes and his rations are starting to run out. Because of that, the fresh tracks of a hare that he found in the dust came as a pleasant surprise for the small Verrik.

Slowly, he crouches over a large boulder, spotting the animal at less than ten paces away. Just as he readies to throw his spear at the animal, a small stone hits the small creature in the head, killing it instantly. From the shadows, hidden behind another boulder, emerges a Sibbecai, dressed notably light for the cool temperature, and with a sling still in hand.

Miganon is pleased to hear his sling bullet impact with the hare's skull. He had been lucky to catch its tracks in the rocky environment and even luckier to spot it in the gloom of early evening. He had wanted to spare his rations, but tonight at least, he would eat well. Still, food was difficult to find in the mountains, and he would probably have to buy some more in the village that was said to be nearby.
As he steps forward to claim his prize, Miganon notes another person opposite him with a spear in hand. His red skin and white hair proclaim him a Verrik, even though he seems exceptionally slight for one of his race. His movement and the wear of his clothes show him an outdoorsman, probably stalking the same hare.

(Khorat, Miganon)

dead_radish

Explorer
As they walk, Kabashi considers the giant. "Tar-Namaris is war leader in his clan?" He gestures at the weaponry and clothing the giant is wearing. "Tar-Namaris would make fine war leader, big, strong, even though he not have good teeth." Kabashi grins and winks, baring his teeth in an exaggerated snarl.

GPEKO

First Post
Tar-Namaris frowns for a moment as he hears the question about himself but he offers this answer. "Well you see, we, the Hu-Charad or Giants if you prefer, don't really have what you call "war leaders". But yes, I'm a warrior and I'm ready to defend myself and others when it's needed. I still have much to prove though ... yes, much to prove ..." His voice trail off. "I have to grow some teeth, so to speak." He adds with a chuckle.

ooc : Of course, while this append, we continue walking toward Eldeth.

dead_radish

Explorer
OOC: Angsty Giants! Woooo! :)

Kabashi listens intently as Tar-Namaris speaks, and nods His eyes, however, are blank. At the end of the explanation, he smiles, and laughs as well. "Teeth. So you will find your war pack soon, Kabashi knows."

And so they continue down the path.

Erekose13

Explorer
Khorat Jhadqi, Verrik Greenbond

Khorat stands still for a moment, considering the Sibbecai before him. He eyes the hare for a second before speaking. "It would seem that the Green has led me to you. It is rather difficult to find game in such a barren place is it not. I am Khorat, well met." He sincerely hopes that this lone wanderer is not going to make trouble and he readies himself for a quick escape. With his rations not completely empty he will not press the issue of food.

OurManMute

First Post
Miganon stops to consider the situation for a moment, then gives Khorat a sardonic grin. "I don't know about the green, seems to me a little hare has led both of us. Seems only appropriate to me we should share it, then. No use in quarreling over food here." He makes to start preparing a meal, then remembers his manners and extends a hand. "By the way, name's Miganon."

Remove ads