• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Carrion Crown AP (The Deadwatchers) - IC

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos shrugged at the group "I would be interested to know if the rumor was true or not. It might explain why the professor wanted to arm himself before heading into Harrowstone."

With a stretch Elthos gets up "I am going to go for a walk to think this all through. I should not take long. It will help digest the wonderful meal." he says, smiling to Kendra and the rest of the group.

Once upstairs, he grabs his scimitar, placing it on his back, and ensures that the dagger hidden in his boot is quite secure. He then strolls out into the night, pondering the recent events.

Cyansylph

First Post
"I am exhausted, the people in this town are unruly and taxing. Again, thanks for the hospitality, Kendra. I will be retiring for the night now. I would like to try the public records again tomorrow. This is a matter of import and I will be more forceful if necessary."

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
A little distraught at being shunned so easily, Bella wonders just how to get the stick out of the local's asses. Was it her attire? Maybe the horns, that might be it...

She shakes her head, determined that she will get better results tomorrow. "Is there another place that would grant me easier access to documents regarding the history of the prison? Perhaps the library? If not, then the council will just have to put up with me at their steps yet again, until they grant me access."

Turning to Kendra, she asks, "Is there anyone that would help us in gaining access there? Anyone you know? Someone indebted to your late father?"

[sblock=Next Day]Bella will see if Kendra has a contact that might assist them with access to the council. Otherwise, she is not fond of wasting time, and will see if she can find the library of the town, or a place that holds historical documents. Even a transcriber for the court that would have dealt with the warden or the guards. Anything and everything, lol.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I'll visit that school tomorrow," Triessa says through a yawn as she goes to the room she'll be sleeping in. "The Unfurling Scroll. Seems like they probably know a little about everything there. Maybe they can tell us where to look next."

jackslate45

First Post
Elthos finally returns, and goes off to bed. He wakes up early in the morning, and is seeing training with his weapon before breakfast. His combat style is unusual, if that was a way to explain it. It seems more rhythmic, more timed, than actual fighting.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"The only places I can think of are the ones I already mentioned," Kendra says wishing she could help more. "They are all this little town has."

[sblock=Day Two Info] Hope I have everything correct below. If not let me know.

Piedra: goes Info gathering among the ghost hunters in the area. - Diplomacy DC 10 to gather a rumor Then going shopping.
Elthos: assuming bodyguard duty once more for Triessa (can aid another if you wish, but will cost 10gp to use library if you do)
Valanar: Going with Bella - Can try to help with Diplomacy check DC 25 and then will use your aid another already rolled
Bella: heading back because she wouldn't be deterred - Diplomacy check DC 25 before research roll into Harrowstone allowed (already made) (if you use spell again then just roll his save with the modifier used above)
Triessa: going to the Unfurling Scroll (Cost 10gp to use the library for the day) research roll into Harrowstone allowed if paid

Post up something this is pretty free form use your rolls to determine your fluff. And I will recap the day. If a little RP between me and your PC is needed then let me know and we will do a little but I don't wish to bog this down a month or more, there is plenty of RP to come. [/sblock]

[sblock=Edit] As your Trust goes down on day two make sure to apply the following modifiers:

-2 to Diplomacy checks
+10% to purchase prices of equipment (in excess of 10gp only)

Something else to add to your fluff [/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Day Two: (-1 Trust)

The second morning in Ravengro is not so pleasant as the day before. Although no one is trying to beat you over the head with a rake or pitchfork they do give each of you odd stares.

As you make your way in town and then head off in separate directions everyone notices people whispering behind their hands after you walk by. Or parents hurrying their children along as if to get away.

OOC: Note that now till the end of the adventure the group will lose 1 point of Trust everyday due to gossip and the villages natural superstitions.

Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
Valanar tries to coax his new companions into lending their aid before he sets off in the morning"Bella and I shall be trying our luck at the town hall again. Will any of you be joining us? We are leaving soon, meet us there."

Valanar heads to town with Bella again, eager to access the public records which do not seem very public. On the way, he asks Bella how they can be more convincing.
"You scattered that mob pretty well at the funeral. Can your magics aid us again in gaining access to these records?"

OOC: : how many buffs can we get going here FtF to help our rolls? Charm person, Guidance on every roll, Aid another on the diplomacy check. Can you hex to lower the requirements or hurt his will save on charm? Regardless my diplo roll follows here. We have already made the research roll; let's use everything to get inside.

Last edited:

Cyansylph

First Post
OOC: Evil eye a few times? Once to reduce his save on charm, then again to lower the skill requirement for access?

edit: rolled a 20 above. assuming you make a successful charm (to reduce the Diplo DC by 5 or 10) we should be in.

Remove ads