• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Crossed Paths - OOC

Manzanita

First Post
neither, really. When I first joined the boards, back in June 2002 (I think) I originally had the username Poto Knezer after my old 1E gnome illusionist/theif. But in Jan 2003, I joined a PbP game in which I played a half-elf bard named Manzanita, and the DM (who was a bit over the top), insisted that I post under a username that matched my PC name. I found it too cumbersum to switch my usernames back and forth, so I simply did all my posting as Manzanita, even after that game bit the dust after a few months.

I do recycle my character names frequently, so the Storms of Change PC I named Manzanita Sparrow as well. She's actually the third Manzanita I've played on these boards.

doghead

thotd
There was a game I was thinking of joining, but the GM was insisting on the same thing - new usernames in the name of the character. I decided to leave it. Like you said, switching between usernames would have just been a hassle.

And it messes with you post count. Completely unaccepatable for any Power Poster.

Jarval

Explorer
I've been in two games where all the players used alt IDs, but given that one was PC's Iconics Adventure, and the other was/is Pbartenders Star Wars Iconics game, it seemed appropriate. I'm not actually sure if my Kazak ID is still about. I'll go check...

Kazak

First Post
Hah, it's still working! :)

Edit: Although not the sig pic apparently. So, any other ex-iconics in this game?

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
Sorry. I haven't been posting a lot recently, especially on my DM posts due to a couple RL considerations. But I believe I'm waiting on how the last character in the group choses to descend. He would either have to allow the Sphinx to hold the rope, or use some magical means to descend the last 20 feet.

Manzanita

First Post
For what its worth, the Sphinx has given the party a shortcut to the climax, as it were. So the adventure should be taking a turn soon, from dungeon crawl to group decision issues. We haven't heard from Thomas Hobbes much of late, and Jarval hasn't posted recently either. It's a bit hard to keep a good pace w/key players missing.

Remove ads