ENWorld Fantasy Basketball 2005-06 (Sign up now!)

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Black Omega said:
What time on Thursday?;)
Some time after 2:08 pm Pacific (when I posted the announcement) so as to give everyone the full 72 hours (I don't want people to claim I gave them 71.5 and thereby jobbed them ;)).

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I REALLY REALLY REALLY think this draft is happening too early. I only just found out, do not have time to set the draft, and will not be allowed to use a computer tomorrow due to the holiday. Your notice happened on a weekday, with draft happening only days later also on a weekday, so I am betting I am not alone in having not known about it. Some folks probably only check on the weekends right now, and will have totally missed it.

PLEASE delay the draft, at least through the weekend. This caught me totally by surprise.

Black Omega

First Post
I wouldn't mind a delay until Monday either. I just finished rebuilding my computer and got back after several days offline. I can get a fast and dirty list done tonight if needed.

The Sigil

Mr. 3000 (Words per post)
Black Omega said:
I wouldn't mind a delay until Monday either. I just finished rebuilding my computer and got back after several days offline. I can get a fast and dirty list done tonight if needed.
Understood. I'll push it back until Tuesday (Oct 18, if I'm reading my watch right), and will set us as "ready" when I get into work in the morning (about 8:30 am Pacific). That gives everyone the weekend AND all of Monday to get things set up, but still gives us a week and a half or so before the season starts to fiddle with our rosters via trade, waiver pickup, etc.

--The Sigil

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
The Sigil said:
Understood. I'll push it back until Tuesday (Oct 18, if I'm reading my watch right), and will set us as "ready" when I get into work in the morning (about 8:30 am Pacific). That gives everyone the weekend AND all of Monday to get things set up, but still gives us a week and a half or so before the season starts to fiddle with our rosters via trade, waiver pickup, etc.

--The Sigil

Excellent! Thank you much.

reapersaurus

First Post
whoof!!
That was a CLOSE one.
I was looking for info as to when the draft would happen, and was shocked to check into the thread today and see that the draft was going to be in 3 hours!

Thanks for giving us a bit more time/warning to prepare the draft.
I was hoping I'd get a better draft than the last time (Shawn Bradley as my top Center).

reapersaurus

First Post
So how does this Draft work?
It's set to ready, I see, but the auto-draft didn't happen.
Does it take awhile for Yahoo's server to "come around" to our league, or something?

Remove ads