D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: Bob wants to get as close as possible. He'll move as far as he can.

GM: Come to think of it, it's already difficult terrain, and you only move 10 feet in it. It's if you move more you gotta roll the dex save. So you are 5 feet closer than I said. So only 5 feet separate you and the orc. Either of you can engage next round without falling on the ice.

Chronicler

Explorer
av-devan.jpg
[sblock="Status Box"]Devan the Dawnbringer
NG (L) Human Sorcerer 1/Warlock 3

Size: M | Speed: 30 ft. | Senses: Passive Perception 13

Initiative: +2 | Armor Class: 18 | Hit Dice: 1d6+3d8+8+1 | Hit Points: 30

Spell Slots: 1st-lvl: 1/2, [W] 2nd-lvl: 2 | Concentration: Hex

Affected by: None | Conditions: None[/sblock] As the battle was joined between the two groups, Devan couldn't help but be impressed by what Pyrus was capable of. The sheet of ice that the mystic had conjured was proving to be effective at keeping the mercenaries from closing in to melee range. That's a useful trick, he thought.

Turning his full attention back to his chosen foe, Devan stayed put and kept the high ground and his light cover. Ranged combat was actually one of his specialties. And with the apparent mercenary leader still alive and taking cover of his own, the crafty Inquisitor instantly changed tack. You can't hide from this, he smirked.

Coruscating fire showered down upon the roaring crossbow-wielder as Devan seethed with arcane potency and pointed at the man.

[sblock="OOC"]Move: Holding position and sticking to cover.
Action: Casting sacred flame* at the captain. (DC 13 dex save to avoid damage)
Damage Roll: [roll0] + [roll1] (from hex) = [6]
*Target gains no benefit from cover.[/sblock]

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Pyrus continues to concentrate on his Aura of Fear as his eyes lazily take in the position of his enemies. May as well go after the one in charge.

He lifts his hand, and sends a bolt of lightning towards the captain.

OOC: Action: Energy Beam (Lightning): make DC 13 dex saving throw, or take [roll0] lightning damage.

Current Psi Points: 12
Current Psionic Focus: Mastery of Ice: Grants resistance to Cold

FitzTheRuke

Legend
The mercenary Captain ducks the beam of lightning, but he can't dodge the will of Lathander, as his face becomes slightly singed from Devan's flame.

GM: Next up, Sesto & Bob, and I might as well resolve Terrus along with them.

Damage Taken
Bob: 2 Captain: 23 Thug1: 4 Guard4: Dead

[sblock=Rolls]
Captain's Dex Saves
_: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
1D20+5 = [18]+5 = 23

[/sblock]

FitzTheRuke

Legend
GM: It occurred to me while drawing the map that Pyus' ice sheet is bigger than I imagined (20' radius, not 20' square) so Bob and the Half-Orc Driver are going to have to roll DC 13 Dex Saves or slide prone to the road. I lost the roll, but the Half-Orc got a 12, so down he goes to N13. Bob?

tglassy

Adventurer
Terrus is done waiting. He drops his crossbow and draws his greatsword, centers himself, transforming his already toughened skin into the consistancy of Iron, and then runs towards the ice patch.

Just before he reaches it, he leaps in the air, psionic energy coursing through his legs as he soars through the air, over Bob and the Half Orc, landing amidst the three other guards. It was time to get this battle done with.

He swung his sword at one, intending to remove him from the fight.

OOC: Bonus Action: Switch Psionic Focus to Iron Durability, which grants +1 to AC. AC is currently 19.

Movement: 3 psi points on Mighty Leap: As part of your movement, you jump in any direction up to 20 feet per psi point spent. I.e., leaps 60 feet from K4 to O13.

Action: Attack enemy at O12. If it hits, he will spend 3 psi points as a reaction to knock him back 10 feet per psi point (he gets a DC 12 str saving throw to negate the knock back). If he moves 30 feet, he will hit the rock at square O6, dealing an additional 3d6 worth of bludgeoning damage.

Attack: [roll0] (if you give me advantage cause of how cool that was, then [roll1])
Damage: [roll2]

Current Psi Points: 9
Current Psionic Focus: Iron Durability: Grants +1 to AC

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Sesto looks down on the battle scene and decided to call for Lathanders blessing once more. "We need a little more divine help."
Sesto prayed and pointed at first towards Bobranthus, then to Terrus and lastly at himself.
Sesto moved little closer, carefully not to step onto the ice sheet. The captain had moved out a little to far for Sesto to reach him with his spectral mace. Now, in position, Sesto directs the mace to swing at the Captain again.

OOC: Action: Cast Bless on Bobranthus, Terrus and Sesto.
Movement: move to I7.
Bonus Action: Move Spiritual Weapon next to the Captain and attacks
Attack and Damage: Spiritual Weapon attack with bless and damage: 1D20+1D4+6 = [14]+[2]+6 = 22
1D8+4 = [5]+4 = 9

Condition: Concentrating on Bless

OOC: Looks like Terrus didn't need the Bless but maybe next round...

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer

Bobranthus watched the Half-Orc come up short and grinned triumphantly as he watched the beast slip on the ice. Overconfidently he moved foreward to put down the beast and nearly slipped himself. Almost as if by divine providence, his foot caught upagainst a deep stone and gave him the chance to steady himself. As he pulled up to the Orc, he loosed his warmer and battleaxe and swung both down with vengeance.

Squirrels are evil!

Remove ads