• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (IC) Vault of the Dracolich (Dispensables)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Map at the end of round Three
Merc Fight 3.png

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: I guess I'm going to have to pull out all the stops for this. Otherwise Terrus isn't going anywhere after this.

Terrus turns his hide from iron to steel in order to protect himself more from physical damage. He then lashes out at the captain with his great sword.

OOC: New round. Action: attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Bonus action: spend the two PSI points to activate Steele hide, which grants resistance to bludgeoning flashing and piercing damage until the end of his next turn

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

gargoyleking

Adventurer
OOC: Bob is now down 15 hp from my calculations. (Rounding down according to the PHB.) Crossbow, axe, spear, and now 1 mace hit. (Although that was a crit on the advantage.)

Bob laughs as his orcish foe falls and gleefully wades deeper into the combat. The inclusion of two new enemies on his flanks only seems to encourage his boisterous mood, even when a mace manages to clip him on the head. The attack does catch his attention though, and Bob's fury is suddenly directed at it's source.

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
Pyrus decided enough was enough. He switched his focus to his native element, Mastery of Fire, and fires off another fiery energy beam at the Captain.

OOC: Bonus Action: switch focus to Mastery of Fire. Gransts +2 damage to fire based attacks.

Action: Energy Beam (Fire). DC 13 dex save or takes [roll0] Fire damage.

Chronicler

Explorer
av-devan.jpg
[sblock="Status Box"]Devan the Dawnbringer
NG (L) Human Sorcerer 1/Warlock 3

Size: M | Speed: 30 ft. | Senses: Passive Perception 13

Initiative: +2 | Armor Class: 18 | Hit Dice: 1d6+3d8+8+1 | Hit Points: 30

Spell Slots: 1st-lvl: 1/2, [W] 2nd-lvl: 2 | Concentration: Hex

Affected by: None | Conditions: None[/sblock] Astonished by the man's resilience, Devan wondered if the mercenary leader would ever go down. He must have a lot to live for, he surmised. Though he should probably find another line of work. But it was too late for that now. The Inquisitor had him in his sights and unleashed another bolt of pure force. With any luck, this would be the last salvo needed.

[sblock="OOC"]Move: Holding position and sticking to cover. *hugs Spruce Springsteen*
Action: Casting eldritch blast at the (apparently immortal) captain.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] (from hex) = [16][/sblock]

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
OOC: Terrus is still blessed, though it would not have helped in this round. :) [roll0]

Sesto takes a deep breath and aims his spectral mace at the Captain again and attacks. "The Captain dodges and weaves like a slippery snake! But this time I will hit!?!"
"Yes!!!" Sesto exclaims.
Sesto directs another heavenly flame at a mace wielding Thug.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Round Four

OOC: It occurs to me that I don't really need to repeat your actions, just tell you what happened, so I'm going to do it from the BGs perspective, insead of the point-by-point initiative I was doing... still getting used to it! Let me know if you liked it better the other way. Or if you know a better way.

Corrah fires arrows at a Thug, but she fires wide, trying to avoid hitting Bobranthus. Her arrows strike the ground.

The Captain deftly redirects Terrus' greatsword with his own curved blade. "Yer a tough nut to crack." he sneers, missing a front tooth.
With his off-hand he draws a long dagger, and as he's about to lunge at Terrus, he is cracked in the head from behind by Sesto's spiritual mace.
He staggers forward, his eyes rolling to show the whites, and he falls at Terrus' feet.

The Guards look hesitant, but they thrust away at Terrus with their spears anway, as if they fear that the Captain will wake up and berate them, otherwise.
One guard distracts Terrus, while the other thrusts his spear under Terrus' arm, poking him.

The first of the Thugs is battered back by Bob's ferocious onslaught, but he whacks away at Bob as he staggers back.

The second Thug is seared by Sesto's holy flame, but he desperately attacks Terrus, slamming his mace hard on Terrus' head, it makes a loud metal-on-metal clang.

GM: They are more rattled than they appear above, and it's obvious without an Insight roll. They are desperate, ready to crack, but terribly fear the consequences.
The map looks pretty much the same, so I won't update it. I assume Sesto KO'd the Captain, rather than killed him.
Normally, that's not something a spell can do, but this one is a Mace, so I've no problem with it.

[sblock=Rolls]
Corrah's Short Bow attacks vs T1
_: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

_: 1D20+4 = [4]+4 = 8
1D6+2 = [5]+2 = 7

Captian's Dex Save vs Pyrus' Fire
_: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14

G2 & G3's spears vs Terrus
_: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6
1D6+1 = [5]+1 = 6

_: 1D20+3 = [16]+3 = 19
1D6+1 = [2]+1 = 3

T1's mace(x2) vs Bob
_: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [6, 14]+4 = 18
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

_: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [3, 17]+4 = 21
1D6+2 = [1]+2 = 3

Thug2's Dex Save vs Sesto's SFlame
_: 1D20 = [3] = 3

T2's mace(x2) vs Terrus
_: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [8, 12]+4 = 16
1D6+2 = [6]+2 = 8

_: 2D20.HIGH(1)+4 = [12, 20]+4 = 24
1D6+2 = [2]+2 = 4

Crit Damage _: 1D6 = [3] = 3

[/sblock]

Damage Taken
PCs: Bob (Raging): 13+8(4)+3(1)=18, Terrus (Steel): 16+3(1)+7(3)=20
BGs: Captain: 45+11=KO, G1 & G4: DEAD, G2: 10, Half-Orc: DEAD, T1: 4+15=19, T2: 7

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
Pleased that he managed to knock out the leader, Sesto directs his spectral mace towards one of the still standing mercenaries.
"That mercenary is very tough! He will get to taste my a-mace-ing weapon," Sesto laughs, "and maybe another flame. This time i will show no mercy."

Chronicler

Explorer
av-devan.jpg
[sblock="Status Box"]Devan the Dawnbringer
NG (L) Human Sorcerer 1/Warlock 3

Size: M | Speed: 30 ft. | Senses: Passive Perception 13

Initiative: +2 | Armor Class: 18 | Hit Dice: 1d6+3d8+8+1 | Hit Points: 30

Spell Slots: 1st-lvl: 1/2, [W] 2nd-lvl: 2 | Concentration: Hex

Affected by: None | Conditions: None[/sblock] Seeing Terrus get swarmed by at least three of the mercenaries, Devan shifted his divine curse onto one of the attacking spear-wielders. "That's enough out of you," he muttered under his breath to no one in particular. It was quite likely that only the spruce tree heard him. And it couldn't care less. Magic flared from his outstretched hand as he directed a bolt of arcane energy at the leaderless guard.

[sblock="OOC"]Move: Holding position and sticking to cover.
Bonus Action: Transferring hex to G2
Action: Casting eldritch blast at G2.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] (from hex) = [14][/sblock]

Remove ads