(IR) IR Interlude Turn 6 - Turn 7 (thread 3)

Kalanyr

Explorer
A few questions regarding 11th:

Do activities taking exactly one hour stop Category 4 or greater attack/defence?

Can you perform more than one of those actions at a time?

Tokiwong

First Post
kaboom said:

So you want to escape after destabilizing the UC. Not surprising.

Fu Zhao looks perplexed, "Follower of Melkor.... can you prove this claim or do you make random accusations with a whimsy... I seek not to destablize anything... I only speak from the knowledge I know... and is it not true that Forrester nearly destroyed Oerth or was that another Illusion fostered by this Melkor... you insult me this day... greatly Chosen..."

He waves to those assembled, "And this you call democracy... where hypocrisy such as this exists. Then freedom of choice is an illusion... if powers such as this can deny us our rights to speech... then I say what good is this Forum... if it shall be taken over by terrorists who demand their ways... and hold us hostage... yes... hostage... you hold us in bondage and then expect us to accept this? That is incredulous... then you call me a follower of Melkor... scan my mind and you shall see I serve the Eternal Empire... and only them..."

OOC: Which is true... he is not a follower of Melkor...

Spoof

First Post
LordMelkor{Talos} said:

You are wise, Queen, indeed, Strenght in Unity!
If people of Toril, Oerth and Krynn unite around The Pantheon Of Glowing Darkness, they shall be protected, for we wield The Power Of Darkness that can rival those of Dark Powers, we have no reason to be afraid of them, WE are Dark Powers ourselves, we have fully embraced The Night Eternal through Red Scourge, we have Power, we have Understanding! Hazen is a fool in his belief that Light will prevail over Darkness, That Power Of Preserving can defeat The Power Of Unmaking, Corruption and Decay- isn`t everything destroyed, sooner or later? Only The Darkness is eternal, and through it can Eternity be achieved! Yes I agree to ally with Union Of Worlds agaisnt Alliance Of Oerth and Torillians, even with Anabstecorian, despite his treachery.

Melkor you would desire to fight the Dark Lords?
You who have time and again sought to destroy this world
Who has wanted to destroy all worlds.

“No Melkor there can be no peace between us, there will be no pact. Kalanyr is right there is no hope to be found with a false peace. Those who do not truly want peace must be eliminated, so that those who do may have it. You say you can fight the dark lords, I say you cannot. When you enter a dark room do you create more blackness to see with? No. You turn on a light, or bring one with you. This you cannot do, your soul, what you have of one, is shrouded in darkness and cannot bring light to the dark.”

Alzem looks to Hazen. “Thank you for the gift but I can not have this yet. There is someone out there who needs this now.” At this Alzem calls forth a small ribbon of goo and places the Tears into it and whispers “Find her, bring her home now.”

Zelda Themelin

First Post
OCC: Hi, 'flu-girl' Zelda here. I am slowly catching up. I am back with you monday unless unprobably tragedy hits again or sky falls or something like that. :D

Nice to have you back kaboom, oh, and nice job people. You have almost not wrecked things up more badly this time, 'third touch' though, bad, bad. ;)

Zelda Themelin

First Post
OCC:

Btw, could someone tell me story behind Forrester's concubine, and how she ended up with Melkor and why Forrester wished her welcommed to that fate and suffering.

(I recall only part of the story).

I asked this about one rambling post to Edena once (heh, well, easy to recall, since I've e-mailed Edena about 5 times total), but he was busy, busy, busy and never answered.

Well, I just ask again, since I am still curious.

Well Forsaken One, you are on the good side of constructive posting. :)

Me, I'm afraid am notarious of a) not posting any b) at least not posting any rule detailed stuff c) never known to take any interesting actions and e) my posts are also damn boring

Posted By Kalanyr:
Kalany reveals his true form and looks around at the others as he stands to his full height of 32 feet. His eyes burn with the golden fire of determination, his skin gleams silver in the light and his wings spread to their full length as he speaks.

It wasn`t a wise move, for now Melkor reveals his True Power, much greater than Kalanyr`s, rising to the height of 100 feets(and destroying ceiling in the process), burning with Black Flame, radiating Aura of Power and Hatred so great that everyone besides Hazen is forced to take few steps aback, and weaker beings fall to the floor unconcious, he responds to Kalanyr:

-Your Light doesn`t impress me, Renegade! I find it interesting that you still seem to enjoy violence and bloodshed, as you did before your Fall! But now you lack the freedom, enslaved by The Light, and need excuses to do what you want! In the past you responded only to Lloth, all those beneath you were your slaves, your property. But now you are a slave of your own servants, no longer can you kill your underling at whim if he fails you, now you have to care about them, love them, respect. You are weak, full of Mercy and Compassion even towards those that are Weaklings, and who are like Vermins compared to you! You are denied true pleasure, which comes from fullfilling ones Desires, all of them, from taking what you want from everyone you want, from crushing those that stay in your way! So you want to oppose me,Great, soon you will learn the meanings of words Suffering and Torment, Oh, and I have some plans concering Your Dear Siobhan, but don`t worry, I will let you watch what I am doing to her!

Anabstercorian

First Post
Story of Forrester's Concubine

First off, she wasn't actually his concubine, I think. I think she was his daughter. Conceivably she could be both, but I doubt it.

I'm sure you recall a few turns back when Melkor was captured by the UC. What had happened was that he was captured in an attempt to abduct most of Forrester's family - Although he failed utterly for the most part, he did manage to capture his eldest daughter, holding her hostage in exchange for his own life. Although I attempted (and failed) to save her, she was eventually made Melkor's concubine when Melkor escaped Forrester's custody and no longer needed her as a bargaining chip. I'm still thinking about how to rescue her, but I'm not sure what I'd do once I caught her at this point.

Black Omega

First Post
Re: Story of Forrester's Concubine

Anabstercorian said:
First off, she wasn't actually his concubine, I think. I think she was his daughter. Conceivably she could be both, but I doubt it.

I'm sure you recall a few turns back when Melkor was captured by the UC. What had happened was that he was captured in an attempt to abduct most of Forrester's family - Although he failed utterly for the most part, he did manage to capture his eldest daughter, holding her hostage in exchange for his own life. Although I attempted (and failed) to save her, she was eventually made Melkor's concubine when Melkor escaped Forrester's custody and no longer needed her as a bargaining chip. I'm still thinking about how to rescue her, but I'm not sure what I'd do once I caught her at this point.

I might have that wrong then, but I could have sworn it was the daughter of the Elven Queen, Forrester's concubine. I'll have to look back over threads. Admittedly, I could have sworn Melkor was going after Ana's staff as well. I seem to recall a fake staff used as a lure. A little bit after the capture an off hand comment was made from Forrester to the effect that he didn't care, it was what elves were good for. I recall this because I remember Edena even commenting on it.

For once, Siobhan would be in agreement with you, Ana. She's been plotting a way to free the poor girl. We could always try working together if Melkor doesn't release her at the Peace Conference.:)

Anabstercorian

First Post
Please, you two.

Anabstercorian looks irked at both Kalanyr and Melkor.

<< Melkor, Kalanyr, please - Allow the meeting to continue in an orderly fashion. Sit down, oh Black Flame. Relax, oh Light of Freedom. No more transforming in to avatars of unstoppable power for intimidation purposes. Save that for the battlefield. >>

<< Melkor, I realize that it's difficult to be polite among your bitter enemies as they plan your destruction, but think of it this way - If the meeting stays polite and orderly, you'll be able to sit back and take in tactical information about us. >>

<< Kalanyr, I'm with you on the false peace thing. False peace is bad; that's why I recommend a hearty dose of righteous ass-kicking before we undertake any other actions. >>

Anabstercorian thinks.

<< You're probably right, now that I think about it. Odds are good a battle for justice and the path of liberty and hope would actually ward off the Mists, if not the Red Goo. >>

<< So, who's on the hit list? Melkor, Rajaat, and... who else? Is there anyone else worth the inevitable expenditure of life, given all of the reconstruction of Oerth's ecosystem we ALREADY need to do? >>

EDIT: << Really, Siobhan? I'd love to talk to you about that later. >>

Last edited:

Remove ads