[Jan] What are you reading?

Mycanid

First Post
Well, since I have not see this one started yet I will open this month's thread.

What are you all reading this month, folks? :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I've been re-reading some old Offut-edited short stories in the form of his Swords Against Darkness books. :)

RaceBannon42

First Post
I finished up the Star Trek novel The Final Reflection by John M. Ford. Really good book, in fact it was outstanding for tie-in fiction. A refreshing look (for 1984) at Klingons. But I expect no less than greatness from Ford.
Full review here.

Started in on Dragon Avenger by E.E.Knight. book to of the Age of Fire series. I haven't gotten to where the story diverges from the POV of book one, but its ok so far.

Enforcer

Explorer
Wolves of the Calla (Dark Tower 5) by Stephen King. This is my first run-through of this series, and I love it so far.

Ulrik

First Post
1812: The Rivers of War and 1824: The Arkansas War by Eric Flint. Fun alternate history, even for non-americans like me, about the War of 1812 and US-Indian relations. Eric Flint is always a good read.

The Killing Song right now, and then I'm going to read one of the many Star Trek novels that I have, but have never bothered to read, and then probably the last Salvatore novel.

Ibram

First Post
Just finished 'Harsh Cry of the Heron' by Leam Hern. Its the, chronologicaly, last book in the Tales of the Otori series. It is a very good end to the series, wrapping up many of the threads from the previous books.

From here on I have 'The Decline of the West' by Oswald Spengler (abridged edition) and 'America: the Last Best Hope vol 1' by William J. Bennett. Both of which are well recomended.

delericho

Legend
Have just finished "Scrouge of the Howling Horde" and "Troy: Lord of the Silver Bow". I am currently between books, but am trying to muster enthusiasm for "Fiendish Codex II" and "Knife of Dreams". Part of the problem is that I have so many books in my 'to-read' pile that I keep thinking I would rather read something else instead... whatever I have chosen to read at the time.

Remove ads