• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

This place is not very conducive to restorative rest, because you feel like you must keep one (or both) eyes open at all times. How far, and to where, will you withdraw to regain some strength? But, in answer to Cappi's question, I would definitely say that rest is in order. It does seem a bit of a shame to take an extended break for the characters when you are this close to finishing the adventure. Still, it might be nice to be in shape for a 'victory lap' when you do finish up....

[Now where are those Wandering Monster tables.....]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well we know where this goes, and the trap is sprung. Should we retreat to the last room, the other teleport location and rest?"

Scott DeWar

"Are you confident you can make this thing work in reverse? Without summoning up more trouble or traps?"

"Hmmmmm. Good question." Cappizzio pulls out another scroll, "Let me look at the buttons here," and reads it, the words and forumæ being the obvious Identify, again.

1d20+23=35

Leif

Adventurer
The Vault of Larin Karr

HOLD EVERYTHING!

What you have failed to take into account is that from the room where you now find yourselves, you do not have access to the magical device that brought you here. So there is no "trying another" something gonna be happening unless and until you discover a way to get back there, if there is any such thing. So far all you have been able to find is a trapped false door in an empty room.

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

HOLD EVERYTHING!

What you have failed to take into account is that from the room where you now find yourselves, you do not have access to the magical device that brought you here. So there is no "trying another" something gonna be happening unless and until you discover a way to get back there, if there is any such thing. So far all you have been able to find is a trapped false door in an empty room.

OOC: uh, . . . . . .D'Oh!

Scott DeWar

"Hmmmmm. Good question." Cappizzio pulls out another scroll, "Let me look at the buttons here," and reads it, the words and forumæ being the obvious Identify, again.

1d20+23=35

OOC: Ignore the previous post I quoted there and go with: ......

"I would lie very much to get us back, but I see no other buttons here."

KerlanRayne

Explorer
OOC: HOLD EVERYTHING!

A trapped FALSE door? Crap! Guess that means another secret door, and another trap. I'll RP the revelation and move on.

Kerlan

"Well, we already sprang the trap. The treasure might be on the other side of the door. Opening the door might end the whole thing and we might find something helpful on the other side. Let's just open it up and see. You two get ready, just in case, and I'll open the door."

Kerlan casts Shield for added defense, and then when the others are prepared he opens the door, making sure to stay out of the doorway and out of any potential line of fire. After doing do, they are all sorely disappointed, as the other side of the door is a blank wall.

Kerlan swears loudly and vehemently, almost wearing himself out in the process. After catching his breath, he continues. "All that, and it's not even a real door! There has to be some way out of this room. I'll check for secret doors, he seems to love them." Kerlan then casts, Detect Secret Doors and scans the room, searching any doors he finds for traps, with Cap double checking. Now this is just FINDING traps, we will not be trying to disarm anything yet.

Leif

Adventurer
Thge Vault of Larin Karr

Kerlan does find another secret door. Behind it is a 20-foot-long passageway to the west that ends in another door.

Attachments

• LarinKarrsVault38.xls
    14 KB · Views: 96

Remove ads