Pathfinder 1E Leif's Whirtlestaff's Wizards' Academy, Reprise [Pfdr] [IC 04]

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Capizzio seems to take more time than the others before he climbs up into the magical space that Kerlan has created. When he gets up there, Kerlan and Tylara are sitting there leafing through a book as she nods at something he says. Kerlan looks up at Cap when he emerges into the space and motions for him to sit down as well. "We think we have some ideas for things we can try tomorrow.

First of all, there is a Divination spell in the spellbook we found called Clairvoyance that can be used to see on the other side of the door. It would help us know what we may need to prepare for. It may also reveal that the treasure is in the next room.

As for the gas trap, we can use Cat's Grace to enhance your agility and coordination as you try to disarm the trap. I will be lending a hand to help when possible. If something goes wrong we can use some spells to help protect us from the effects. Resistance for a bit of magical protection as well as Bear's Endurance to help toughen our natural resistances.

Once the trap is either disabled or sprung, we can work on the lock. We can both try to pick it manually and if that doesn't work we can try Knock. We could also try your Instant Locksmith spell as well."

Kerlan looks at his two companions. "Any more ideas, or does that sound reasonable?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"All very good ideas.I have several more scrolls of instant lock smith and I will change out guiding shot for resistance, then take cat's grace for . . . . . oh wait, I have that memorized. I could have prevented that gas attack on you." Cappizzio lowers his head in shame.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Kerlan looks at Capizzio and sees pain and guilt etched on his features. It seems plain that he feels some guilt about the death of Manny. He feels it's his responsibility to take care of all the traps in this dangerous place and any failings he takes to heart.

Kerlan puts his hand on Cap's shoulder and looks into his eyes, saying, "Manny was not your fault. He was a bold Brownie and he was reckless. It shows us the value of caution in a place like this. I am alive and there is no permanent harm. We just need to be more careful with this one. It's not your fault. The spells won't guarantee success, they will just lessen the likelihood of failure."

Scotley

Hero
Tylara removes her boots and takes out some rations. "We can't beat ourselves up about Manny. This is a dangerous place we've chosen to come. Any of us could have fallen. As Kerlan says we have to be careful and prepare. I know another minor spell, Guidance, that will give you a very slight edge in disarming as well.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"I, . . . . ." Cappi scratches his head, " . . . . . Don't have that spell." He too takes off his shoes, but leaves his fine chain shirt on.

Remove ads