[LPF] A visit with Father Kedric

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Just as you are leaving Jael's office a knight in platemail and two men-at-arms come hustling to investigate the noise.

Morrolan.png

Ariel recognizes the man, but only by name Sir Kaedyn Thorngood. He says, "What's going on? We heard the sounds of metal clanging."

All three have shields on their arms and weapons drawn.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: Yes, out in the hall. No, the room's interior is not visible from where you are standing, but the door is open about 10-15ft behind you.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa hesitates, but can think of no way to make the truth sound more believable. "Father Kedric was attacked by demons," she says simply. "We fought them, but the Father was killed and the leader of the demons escaped."

[sblock=ooc]Not sure if this merits a Diplomacy roll, but Larissa is trying to sound sane and sincere.[/sblock]

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

"We tried to protect him, but she was too powerful." Yoshiki tries to help.

[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 Touch 20 Flatfooted 15
HP: 32/34
Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
CMB: +9 (+2 vs Trip) CMD: 23 (+2 vs Trip)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 3/5 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: None
[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Somehow I got unsubscribed to this thread. I blame my phone.

Markas tries standing as nonthreatening as possible while still on his guard to protect the others should things turn ugly. He sizes up the guards and woth his hand away form his hilt he tries to add to what the others have offered so far.

"The good Father was killed, and as to not let his murder go unpunished we wish to continue on our way." he says with a small nod to Ariel to lead the way.

OOC:
Aid Another also.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The armored knight looks struck hard by the news and then his gaze grows cold.

Morrolan.png

His deep voice, slightly hoarse, from years of yelling over the din of the practice pitch and many a battlefield, "DEMONS!? Eyah! Let me see."

Kaedyn and the men-at-arms hustle to the room's doorway and see the carnage.

"Where did this leader go? How did they get in here? You better explain more than this before just talking off." His tone is not brooking argument, but there is no indication he disbelieves you.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"We were...discussing recent events with the Father," explains Larissa. "He was telling us about the barghest in the cells. A demoness -- A winged woman with horns, carrying a longsword and bow -- Appeared, through some sort of spell. She announced her intent to claim vengeance on the Father for his interference in their affairs, and summoned these two demons to hold us at bay while she slew him." Her composure cracks slightly, but she continues. "We tried to save him, but failed. The demoness slew him in two strokes of her blade, then took his head..." she breaks off, again finding it hard to continue past her shame and outrage at the priest's death. "She took his head as a trophy," she finishes.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel interjects, "I do not remember horns on the woman. Are you sure?"

"I know the others, Pari and his companions, fought a different winged woman that was more a fiend and she had horns. She also fled by flying away, while this one that killed Father Kedric just vanished, the same way she arrived."

"By Her Justice, I think we have two of the evil bitches to track down now!"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar & Shield
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
The men-at-arms are horror struck at the news.

Morrolan.png

However, the knight's look get hard, the fury evident in his eyes, "The demon took his head and vanished?! That will make it difficult to track her. I will need to work with the senior priests to see if Divination can scry the whereabouts."

"Very well, thank you for what you have done. Since you are in danger of being hunted, I will have the quartermaster provide you with some additional items from our stocks and armory. I am sure that anything that will assist you in carrying the fight to these hellspawn are in our Order's best interest and well worth giving to such stalwart protectors."

Kaedyn starts giving orders to his men to fetch the clergy and assigns one to accompany you.

GM: I am close to wrapping this up if you all want to. However, you are free to continue posting IC and moving the scene as you like. You can meet the Barghest, we can RP the visit to the armory to actually collect your reward on camera, or not. Up to you guys. The treasure reward, was supposed to be some Oil of Bane against Evil Outsiders to aid in follow-up quests in this story line. But, as I am not continuing this series in the foreseeable future, the specialty items are going to be fluff only as they were not approved to enter the mainstream of the Mystic Pearl. Essentially, treasure will be GP only.

Remove ads