[LPF] A visit with Father Kedric

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa cleans her blade by force of habit, and walks solemnly over to the fallen priest's remains. She raises her sword in a salute.

"May the host dispatch one of its own to guide your soul," she intones. Then she looks over at Ariel, abruptly concerned that delivering a blessing of the Saints might be viewed unfavorably in this place.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas visibly suppress a shudder when the last of the demons falls. The din of combat drowning out the small sensations, like his shield strap digging into his arm or the pinch of the mail at his neck, all falls away as he once more takes in all the sights and sounds of he world around him.

"Who...? What was that thing? And how do we find her?" he asks as he cleans the black blood off his blade.

Then he notices the others standing by the corpse. "We failed him, didn't we?" he asks quietly bwing his head and whispering a short prayer of his own.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Yes, we failed him," affirms Larissa, stone-faced. She turns to Ariel. "I have no magic that can trace the she-devil. Have you?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel is not as sorrowful and devastated as you might think, not really knowing Father Kedric that well. "It is very unfortunate that we could not prevent this from happening. I am sure the chapter House will be deeply saddened."

"I only know what you guys know about these foul devils we faced. I have no idea how to track the Erinyes that fled. I am not even sure what she did to get away."

"But, by HELINA, I wish I could! Yes, let's end that found demon in the holding cells. That barghest is better off in hell."

The feisty warmaiden is all set to exact revenge on the one creature she knows that they can find. She puts her shield and morningstar away and retrieves her longspear from where it is leaning against the wall.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 22 (20 without shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot, Bless (+1 Att)

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar & Shield
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 4/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Hold," Larissa counsels the priestess. "The leader of this church has been slain. The members of his order must be told, and the new leader briefed on events. Then," adds Larissa. "We may counsel this new leader to mete out vengeance, justice and wisdom by slaying the beast."

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

[sblock=ooc]I've been trying to post this since yesterday morning, but ENWorld hasn't been responding.[/sblock]
Yo turns to Larissa and quickly states, "I don't believe we have time for that. If we have any hope of slaying this demon, time is of the essence. We can inform them after the deed is done."
[sblock=Ministats]Initiative: +4
AC: 20 Touch 20 Flatfooted 15
HP: 32/34
Fort: +4 Reflex: +8 Will: +7 (+2 vs. Enchantment)
CMB: +9 (+2 vs Trip) CMD: 23 (+2 vs Trip)
Defensive Abilities: Evasion, Deflect Arrows
Speed: 40 ft

Conditions in Effect: None
Elemental Fist: 3/5 remaining
Ki Pool: 5/5 remaining
Additional Equipment: None
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel stops up short and frowns, "From what I heard, the decision to keep the Barghest alive was Pari and company's, not Father Kedric's. He is... er, was the Chapter House's archivist. Somewhere around here is the temporary Patriarch while they await the permanent placement from some higher bishop or somebody."

"Markas, what do you think?"

The feisty warmaiden doesn't count her vote and looks for the fighter to break the tie between Larissa and Yoshiki.

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Ariel Esimae

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I believe we should kill the monster before it can be rescued." Markas says with quiet determination.

"If we are to step out of line, we will offer up apologies."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
GM: I have been having trouble getting onto EnW today as well as the other day. No time left to update tonight, it might have to wait until Thursday. Sorry.

perrinmiller

Adventurer

OOC: Just got access to the site, posting lite in my short available window before bed.
Ariel looks at the others, "Better to ask forgiveness than permission, I guess. I knew a roguish fellow that followed that principle... Until they cut off his thieving hand."

"Come on, this way. The have the creature guarded and chained in the dungeon below."

So caught up in dealing with the barghest, the warmaiden has not thought to at least inform someone about what has happened.

Current Weapon in Hand: Longspear

Ariel Esimae

Remove ads